[✗] [Magic Lore] Druidism | The Gift of the Wilds

WestCarolina

Pretty epic B)

I really love this :)

If ST deny this, I'm rioting. Long awaited post, superb job to everyone who worked on this much needed update to the lore!!

How I love grass-licking.

Something that's always been a point of contention for me and druidism is dedicancy. It's always felt like culture that's just validated through lore, because to my knowledge the majority of other magics on the server don't contain this rigid of a schedule. "You need to do x amount of tasks over x amount of weeks in order to even be CONSIDERED for druidism oh and also you need to do this GRAND task that literally every other druid teacher has to do too"  

It feels very restricting of freeform RP and how people perceive not only learning magic, but teaching it. Genuine question, what's the necessity behind dedicancy being lore-enforced instead of just a cultural aspect, and just letting people teach students at their own pace and style like other magics do? 

The druidism rewrite! The druidism rewrite is real!

1 hour ago, Unwillingly said:

Something that's always been a point of contention for me and druidism is dedicancy. It's always felt like culture that's just validated through lore, because to my knowledge the majority of other magics on the server don't contain this rigid of a schedule. "You need to do x amount of tasks over x amount of weeks in order to even be CONSIDERED for druidism oh and also you need to do this GRAND task that literally every other druid teacher has to do too"  

It feels very restricting of freeform RP and how people perceive not only learning magic, but teaching it. Genuine question, what's the necessity behind dedicancy being lore-enforced instead of just a cultural aspect, and just letting people teach students at their own pace and style like other magics do? 

A lot of people dont realize but Druidism actually originally started out as a Religion/Culture and was later introduced as a magic
Druidism has always heavily been tied to this culture as a result and has evolved in various ways over the course of time
There's no reason to change it as the path in Druidism allows you to form bonds and friendships with not only your mentor but also your fellows that you will work alongside, unlike many other Magics that just supports 1x1 interaction.

RP wise you also have to remember the Druidism is also a way of life. It alters not only the soul but also a mental bond with Nature, and that's a heavy burden. Being able to steadily come to that sort of terms and headspace will take time, otherwise those attuned would probably go insane in the real world.

TLDR: Why change something that isn't broken? It's been working since the dawn of Druidism and kept to it's roots, so what is the issue with it? It also helps limit the number of Druids out there, by limiting the people who would just pick up and throw away this magic willy nilly. Less people also means less likely someone's going to screw up and make the ST and Lore team look at us sideways. XD

Very well written! Good work to everyone who contributed!