[✗] [Magic Lore] Druidism | The Gift of the Wilds

WestCarolina

21 minutes ago, WestCarolina said:

For guidance, so long as you've seen the tree that is all that matters. If you're in a cave, and haven't seen a tree, then yeah you wouldn't be able to pull roots from the stone (unless you can see the roots mundanely) just like how you wouldn't be able to see natures song past stone or if a house is in the way with Greensight. 

Ah you are totally right, there was a typo, put two 5's instead of a 15. Thanks for that catch.
367c641e96da8a87b324a33f5c415746.png

Barkskin - No, you need 2 Druids to help create it. In order to summon it in a combat scenario, you just need yourself. As I wrote above as well, T5 Druids should the write go in, will have the knowledge from the vision given that they are able to do this. Don't see it being a problem of it being knowledge locked with the amount of T5 Druids there are. 

Mending - I can gauge with others like I said!

As for Grasping, again, I am under the impression and guidance that any buffing of it would not get passed - as when it was originally written, restrictions were given on emote count, movement, and expiration. Perhaps a compromise can be made where it is turned into an enchantment, rather than its own ability, but even then I see it as obsolete given how it was hardly, if ever, used. 

Hello! me again, this time i do have some things I'd like clarified based on Kits post

Firstly, i have to agree the LOS thing still makes next to no sense to me. Greensight for example, allows us to see the lifeforces of nature beyond what the eyes are capable of (our eyes can be closed and it can still be seen, blindfolded even) so why limit guidance on that? If druids can hear the song all around them then sight doesnt make sense as a limitation to me

Furthermore, the 2 druids for barkskin creation still kinda raises the concern to me that shunned or loner druids may be blocked from this simply on account of not having two people willing to offer it to them. Something like deattunement i get being barred by multiple people to use but barkskin i dont get

And the grasping, idk personally i really liked that ability and have used it before. Removing it is one thing if you genuinely believe it doesnt hold much use, however i dont see anything proposed that could replace it of equal strength. Perhaps its unintentional but healing feels very sidelined for combative abilties in this rewrite. And yes i think its good for us to be able to defend ourselves beyond surge, the whole point of druids is to heal nature. I personally would like proposed say replace grasping with something to powerfully heal animals. like kitsune said, animals get shafted ROYALLY by druidism, we can literally bring plants back from the dead but with animals that's too much? perhaps limit it to things only caused by descendant creation. This here is my biggest grievance, animals are equally part of the balance but we have like two abilities that involve them (beastspeak and beastpurging). If not grasping as a powerful spell, I personally would like to see something powerful for fauna.

I do wanna say i think this is a good post! very well written and it clears some things up that didn't have explanation before (attunement for example), however i think there definitely are some adjustments that should be made to better incorporate nature healing, as again that is the primary function of druids  

TLDR: healing feels like its being overshadowed by combat abilties in this, which is entirely backwards to what druids should be like

Edited by Periphonics
i keep saying gleaning i mean grasping

I like seeing communities receive lore updates they are near unanimously happy with.

This rewrite is very, very needed, +1!

While i appreciate that blight healing a batch of land doesn't knock you out for the rest of the day, i also bear same concerns that some have pointed out with the range of blight healing being smaller but allowing someone to either cast it more times or get a group to powershare and widen the range, I think this may do more harm than good, since we already have to resort to druid PK's to be able to heal larger areas.

Blight healing is easily the most know and well used abilities that is almost a trademark of the druidic community yet it is very underpowered when compared to the scale of corruption that can be caused, lowering the range would further kneecap this ability.

Drawing in that, invigorating widens the range of abilities, this has been an issue in previous instances since it would more often than not result in only one person blight healing a large area, while others powershare to widen their range instead of aiding them by using the ability simutaniously.

Another 'd like to mention is the appreciation i have for the removal of what i liked to call "Voidal Backdoor" that being that someone could easily drop druidism by obtaining a voidal magic, i'm glad this has been removed, since unnattument is such a grueling task for all involved, and having a way out the magic without the concequences of abandoning it is such a plus, i appreciate it!

Holy shit the merging is wonderful, it takes away the redundancy and bloating of lessons, I also appreciate the lowering of the emote counts, and a more cohesive exhaustion system, a lot of gripes i had with the older versions are mostly fixed in this one, good job Carol and everyone that worked on this, i am well aware this has been a process to say the best, and i'm very proud of y'all!

Edited by DistantCryprid

15 hours ago, WestCarolina said:

Druids cannot learn Voidal Magic, or any other Deific Magics while attuned. They must be unattuned first should they desire these magics.

Including Seer?

37 minutes ago, Periphonics said:

Hello! me again, this time i do have some things I'd like clarified based on Kits post

Firstly, i have to agree the LOS thing still makes next to no sense to me. Greensight for example, allows us to see the lifeforces of nature beyond what the eyes are capable of (our eyes can be closed and it can still be seen, blindfolded even) so why limit guidance on that? If druids can hear the song all around them then sight doesnt make sense as a limitation to me

Furthermore, the 2 druids for barkskin creation still kinda raises the concern to me that shunned or loner druids may be blocked from this simply on account of not having two people willing to offer it to them. Something like deattunement i get being barred by multiple people to use but barkskin i dont get

And the grasping, idk personally i really liked that ability and have used it before. Removing it is one thing if you genuinely believe it doesnt hold much use, however i dont see anything proposed that could replace it of equal strength. Perhaps its unintentional but healing feels very sidelined for combative abilties in this rewrite. And yes i think its good for us to be able to defend ourselves beyond surge, the whole point of druids is to heal nature. I personally would like proposed say replace grasping with something to powerfully heal animals. like kitsune said, animals get shafted ROYALLY by druidism, we can literally bring plants back from the dead but with animals that's too much? perhaps limit it to things only caused by descendant creation. This here is my biggest grievance, animals are equally part of the balance but we have like two abilities that involve them (beastspeak and beastpurging). If not grasping as a powerful spell, I personally would like to see something powerful for fauna.

I do wanna say i think this is a good post! very well written and it clears some things up that didn't have explanation before (attunement for example), however i think there definitely are some adjustments that should be made to better incorporate nature healing, as again that is the primary function of druids  

TLDR: healing feels like its being overshadowed by combat abilties in this, which is entirely backwards to what druids should be like

The reason I brought up Greensight is because it does not allow you to manipulate the song of nature that is behind a rock or a house, as it states in the current accepted lore and continued on in this piece.

9 minutes ago, alexmagus said:

Including Seer?

With amendments done over.. summer 2022? I can't remember exactly, but Druids can be Seers now. I'll add that! Thanks

And for all those who have constructive criticism they don't wish to express over the comments, feel free to send me a DM on the forums. 

29 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

I like seeing communities receive lore updates they are near unanimously happy with.

tbf i think every lore has it's haters. Shamanism is just unanimous because we all hate our lore (this is not to shit on anyone who worked on it, ik y'all were under-pressure, constraints, and worked hard) While I am a Druid, I haven't been apart of the community proper for a year. I like this rewrite, just I feel like its alot of words, which is okay, I think. Maybe I just have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old. I am curious why templar compatibility was removed, it was explained to me that there was a lore reason beyond chase's gf templar being a druid, that these two magics were compatible.

9 minutes ago, WestCarolina said:

The reason I brought up Greensight is because it does not allow you to manipulate the song of nature that is behind a rock or a house, as it states in the current accepted lore and continued on in this piece.

With amendments done over.. summer 2022? I can't remember exactly, but Druids can be Seers now. I'll add that! Thanks

And for all those who have constructive criticism they don't wish to express over the comments, feel free to send me a DM on the forums. 

forgive me but this didnt answer any of my questions

10 minutes ago, Evonpire said:

tbf i think every lore has it's haters. Shamanism is just unanimous because we all hate our lore (this is not to shit on anyone who worked on it, ik y'all were under-pressure, constraints, and worked hard) While I am a Druid, I haven't been apart of the community proper for a year. I like this rewrite, just I feel like its alot of words, which is okay, I think. Maybe I just have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old. I am curious why templar compatibility was removed, it was explained to me that there was a lore reason beyond chase's gf templar being a druid, that these two magics were compatible.

I’ll clarify the compatibility with other magics more thoroughly! Thanks for the comment 

4 minutes ago, Periphonics said:

forgive me but this didnt answer any of my questions

Sorry! I addressed a lot of your concerns in previous comments toward Kit.

It's me again~ Sorry to be harping on this but it feels like you keep somehow missing key questions, you say you addressed them but the fact that it's being asked again means your clarification wasn't clear.

Greensight no does not allow you to manipulate song however it does allow you to see otherwise unseen flora and fauna. Same as Communion you're able to 'hear' all the plantlife around you, this is why in dead zones Druids get a little crazy. Does that not stand to reason, that in a cave system, you would be able to 'hear' the plantlife of roots, moss, ect all around you even if you cannot see it? A single layer of rock does not work like lead against electronics, that's not how Druidism works.
We're just asking for an explanation on if we can hear it, why do we need to see it? Growth states that line of sight is not needed, but an extra emote is because it's not in sight. This contradicts your 'I cant grow it if I cant see it' sort of deal, if that makes sense?

He asked about Barkskin alongside myself, we both would like some clarification. I understand the reasoning behind partly of why you would need two druids, it's a balance issue. However for Druids who are not a part of a circle, or who do not come into contact with others frequently they are soft-locked out of this ability because even if they know how to do it, they cannot because they need two others. Do you see where the concern is?

Lastly you're not disagreeing with the bias of combat oriented abilities vs healing aspects. Multiple people have expressed an upset that we feel the healing aspects are being pushed to the side, unlike the combat abilities are given vague and low attention information. You might not use the healing abilities very often, your group might not use them as much, but there are other Druids who do and are very active in them and would like to see them grow. Not pushed back.

I myself expressed and even cited a part that specifically states that we cannot heal the source of blight, which 100% negates our healing abilities. Because if we cannot heal it, cant get rid of it, then we're just constantly cleaning up the area of infection without treating the wound on Nature so to speak. This is directly a step back and I'd like it addressed.
This right here, I would like clarification please:
image.png.1748cd3f273dbb51bca08321a8f299da.png

16 minutes ago, ItsMyWorld66 said:

It's me again~ Sorry to be harping on this but it feels like you keep somehow missing key questions, you say you addressed them but the fact that it's being asked again means your clarification wasn't clear.

Greensight no does not allow you to manipulate song however it does allow you to see otherwise unseen flora and fauna. Same as Communion you're able to 'hear' all the plantlife around you, this is why in dead zones Druids get a little crazy. Does that not stand to reason, that in a cave system, you would be able to 'hear' the plantlife of roots, moss, ect all around you even if you cannot see it? A single layer of rock does not work like lead against electronics, that's not how Druidism works.
We're just asking for an explanation on if we can hear it, why do we need to see it? Growth states that line of sight is not needed, but an extra emote is because it's not in sight. This contradicts your 'I cant grow it if I cant see it' sort of deal, if that makes sense?

He asked about Barkskin alongside myself, we both would like some clarification. I understand the reasoning behind partly of why you would need two druids, it's a balance issue. However for Druids who are not a part of a circle, or who do not come into contact with others frequently they are soft-locked out of this ability because even if they know how to do it, they cannot because they need two others. Do you see where the concern is?

Lastly you're not disagreeing with the bias of combat oriented abilities vs healing aspects. Multiple people have expressed an upset that we feel the healing aspects are being pushed to the side, unlike the combat abilities are given vague and low attention information. You might not use the healing abilities very often, your group might not use them as much, but there are other Druids who do and are very active in them and would like to see them grow. Not pushed back.

I myself expressed and even cited a part that specifically states that we cannot heal the source of blight, which 100% negates our healing abilities. Because if we cannot heal it, cant get rid of it, then we're just constantly cleaning up the area of infection without treating the wound on Nature so to speak. This is directly a step back and I'd like it addressed.
This right here, I would like clarification please:
image.png.1748cd3f273dbb51bca08321a8f299da.png

Again i also want to reiterate the animal healing issue, this is something bothering me as it would and could be an apt replacement for grasping. These questions/statements are kinda being ignored. I don't want to come off as abrasive but these are genuine concerns especially from the druid communities that focus more on healing than combat

59 minutes ago, ItsMyWorld66 said:

coming back one more time to agree with kit here- i think a really big aspect of this entire rewrite is that it feels like primarily benefits one specific branch of druids and casts aside the rest, and wasn't written with the other players of druidism in mind that are not battle / hunting heavy. i'm not saying that it wasn't done with everybody in mind, but i'm saying that's what it feels like, and i feel like a rewrite of this nature shouldn't take away something that there is already not very great access to in the first place, and these concerns are feeling very ignored which makes it feel as much even more. 

oh no!!! my healing ability!! cus u guys leave ur settlements enough to get injured in the first place 

don’t like druidism but this looks cool, good job @WestCarolina

5 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

oh no!!! my healing ability!! cus u guys leave ur settlements enough to get injured in the first place 

don’t like druidism but this looks cool, good job @WestCarolina

it wasn't an ability to heal other people, it's to heal nature. the entire point of druidism is that they can heal nature and the blights infected on the land. druids were never able to heal other people unless they were made out of plants.

1 minute ago, verriberri said:

it wasn't an ability to heal other people, it's to heal nature. the entire point of druidism is that they can heal nature and the blights infected on the land. druids were never able to heal other people unless they were made out of plants.

with the exhaustion system it looks like u guys can heal more