LoTC Book Manhunt

Izkuthii

Hello | Hallo | Hola | BonjourΓειά σουLabas | MerhabaПривітCześćПривет

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have your attention with that cool introduction, I come to the community requesting aid in an unfortunate venture I have placed myself in. Following the deprival of /AH; I am sure a lot of people have noticed a decline in books catering to specializations, and often new books being of journals, thesis' or internal organization documents. I am currently in the works of drafting up a fully-actionable plan to try and revitalize the book economy, and help creators establish a connected platform where they will retain 100% of the profits involved with it - alongside opening re-production opportunities for great books, lost over time from absent players to keep the circulation going. Ultimately, the goal is to provide a mutually beneficial system to try and make people able to make profits off books once more and to reintroduce the many books which had fallen out of place following the many map conversions. This would end up with me supporting the formatting structure used over my own books (All Alcaide & Alicia de Rosius' works) to improve the industry standard with those who interact with the platform, and eventually stablizing the market to be more than viable while also trying to help set book development back on course. This is likely a mess of words, but I am unfortunately a story builder and lack the PR-skills of a Community staff member.

Currently as it stands, I have partially developed an excel sheet trying to data track active books within Almaris' libraries, their in-game writers and the players who wrote them to ensure fair distribution. Further development will include the neccesity of redesign, compiling or otherwise however this sheet is actively barebones. This is why I require you, the beautiful and wonderful people of LoTC assistance. There is a lot of books, a lot of names and a lot of missing people that would require a fair amount of time OOC to tag together. I know there is a likelyhood of writers seeing this, or friends of writers who admired their books and retained their names - and this is your opportunity to reduce the amount of man hours required to complete this task. I'll include two sheets, as someone may have a direction and someone may be that direct writer however I hope to gather some engagement in this as this project, as it stands, is looking mighty daunting in what the time required to complete it correctly.

Once the sheet has been drafted, and properly formatted - the system can be retained and updated with a public display to help keep the admin so even if I dissapear into thin air, the project is still sustainable for someone else to take up. Location wise is still be drafted, however once this sheet is completed and accurately marked; it will act as the backbone to future book retaining for usage in libraries, businesses and future maps alike.

I understand some books were written anonymously, and people would like to keep it that way. If you wish to join in on this project, and be able to sell these books with out being detected (I understand, i've done it previously) then my discord is What the Dogg Doin#3528

Many thanks,

Dogg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content Creator Sheet, if you can; add the general topic of the book. Directors, if you can remember these ancient books and writers - it'd be appreciated.

Currently for the sheet, I have the marked as the following - though it due to be expanded into specific genres. If you fall out of these, or have a suggestion. Just add it.

• Culture
  • Geography
  • History
  • Journal
  • Language
  • Learning
  • Medicine
  • Monsters
  • Myth
  • Psychology
  • Religion
  • Science
  • Thesis
  • Study
  • Zoology

Content Creator Sheet (People who write the books)

Ingame Name: 

Book Writer Name/Alias (With genre):

•  

Books Written:

•  

Do you wish to be included or remain independent?: Included or Independent.

Content Director Sheet (Didn't write but know who did)

Ingame Name: 

Book Writer Name/Alias:

•  

Books Written:

•  

Is the player still active?: Yes or No.

As I understand my writing can be confusing sometimes, i'll do an example on how the Content Creator Sheet works below.

Since as you can see from mine, it's fair to have a ton of books. Just throw what you'd want still available, save yourself the stress.

Ingame Name: WhatTheDoggDoin

Book Writer Name/Alias: Yazmin Alcaide, Jade Alcaide, Alicia de Rosius, Niña de Alcaide.

Books Written (With genre): 

Treating Wounds from Vampire Attacks | Alicia de Rosius | Medicine

Scientific Analysis of the Vampiric Virus | Alicia de Rosius | Medicine

SHG: Becoming a Mediator | Yazmin Alcaide | Psychology

SHG: Achieving Self Confidence |  Yazmin Alcaide | Psychology

The Study of Depression | Yazmin Alcaide | Psychology

Analysis of the Al-Faiz Daemuns V1 | Yazmin Alcaide | Zoology

Analysis of the Al-Faiz Daemuns V2 | Yazmin Alcaide | Zoology

Inferi Information Center | Yazmin Alcaide | Zoology

Canine Behavioural Study (Volume 1) | Yazmin Alcaide | Zoology

The Potential Gateway | Yazmin Alcaide | Geography

Weaping Oasis' Voidal Heath Preparation | Yazmin Alcaide | Geography

Aos Torva Theories | Yazmin Alcaide | Thesis

Almarian Zoological Compendium | Jade Alcaide | Zoology

A Survivalist's Guide to Local Fauna | Jade Alcaide | Zoology

Revision for Dobrov Trolls | Jade Alcaide | Zoology

The Greymane Boar [Field Study] | Jade Alcaide | Zoology

Attenlund Bestiary [NGS Edition] | Jade Alcaide | Zoology

Theories on how to survive Attenlund | Jade Alcaide | Thesis

The Central Divide Exploration Guide | Jade Alcaide | Geography

The Inferi of Arcas | Niña de Alcaide | Zoology

Do you wish to be included or remain independent?: Included.

Cheers,

A lot of orc books were lost to the book bug, like 2-4 centuries of stuff is just permanently gone :(. I highly encourage everyone to try and preserve server history. It's more important then you think.

50 minutes ago, Panashea said:

A lot of orc books were lost to the book bug, like 2-4 centuries of stuff is just permanently gone :(. I highly encourage everyone to try and preserve server history. It's more important then you think.

If anyone still has a remaining book, I can add it to the list on reproductions to get them back into circulation.

I tried to add you on disc but it's saying your name is wrong.

7 minutes ago, Lirinya said:

I tried to add you on disc but it's saying your name is wrong.

That's my bad, I just adjusted it. Should be What the Dogg Doin#3528

2 hours ago, Panashea said:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/textbook

Save your books to text files.

Save your text files to a flash drive or some other secure storage system.

LOTC is buggy. Don't use LOTC as your sole method of saving your work. Use google drive, use whatever else you can come up with.

I have he ashwood book excel sheet, but most of those books were lost to the great Book vault Glitch i believe. Ive written a fair share of books, mostly eleven and medical. ill gather the full list and yeet it- but i dont know if i still have all the copies to said books.

I'm about to rock your world (this is an OOC resource; your character does not possess these books)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oPUT2ONg51B4gVW6q2he3ax3Rp4e7_TxplzjztzArPk/edit?usp=sharing

IMPORTANTLY I should note 99% of the credit for copying these (manually from the minecraft books during map transitions from about 2013-2017) goes to Eenhoornheid, who to my knowledge is long gone from LoTC now.

I only copied a handful myself when briefly succeeding her as Haelun'or librarian circa 2017.

1 hour ago, The King Of The Moon said:

I'm about to rock your world (this is an OOC resource; your character does not possess these books)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oPUT2ONg51B4gVW6q2he3ax3Rp4e7_TxplzjztzArPk/edit?usp=sharing

IMPORTANTLY I should note 99% of the credit for copying these (manually from the minecraft books during map transitions from about 2013-2017) goes to Eenhoornheid, who to my knowledge is long gone from LoTC now.

I only copied a handful myself when briefly succeeding her as Haelun'or librarian circa 2017.

Beautiful find.

Not exactly what I am looking for, as I want to do this with one of my characters whose currently a teenager however I know the OOC manpower required would expodentially set me back. Definitely will keep an eye on this one though, actively looking for the books for the listing system and whoever wrote them so potential reproduction and re-introduction into the market will be able to fairly go back to the creator. I've seen someone copy my own works, sell them off with minimal alterations and claim all the profits (While I was still ******* selling them) without contacting me, and I am eager not to repeat their actions as I know how much it pissed me off.

Still very much appreciated however!