Looking for People: New Map Feudal Magocracy

Minuvas

If you are interest.
Join the Discord:

https://discord.gg/T58qw4gcx2

Hello friends and nemesis of LOTC. I would like to announce a new collaborative player settlement/faction that is in the brainstorming and initial building phase for the new map. 

I am looking for other players and creative writers that would like to be involved in this yet-to-be named group. People who like to get involved in projects early in their creation, excel with community involvement and lore writing are welcome. People who wish to be involved by expressing interest in joining the group, are also welcome. We'll need Discord Wizards as well as regular ones.

Crown and wizard by sandara on DeviantArt

General pitch: A Multi-ethnic Feudal Magocracy, where magical ability is the measure of talent and grants access to citizenship, government, and nobility. Led by their Sorcerer-King, a non-hereditary title chosen from among the Circle of Mages. Magic will be highly prevalent in society, even required to hold citizenship and participate in politics. Non-magic wielding members of society seek to better their lives through the patronage of powerful magical noble houses, and in turn the Magical Lords of society seek to seek a mass of apprentices to add their own house prestige and power. The Pursuit of magical power, combined with political and diplomatic skill and intrigue toward overarching national goals, is what separates this group from magic guilds. 

The goal of this group is to create a nation of wizards and sorcerers, where Feudalism, Intrigue, and magic are central to society. But also a nook of the server where ardent forum writers and lore contributors have an area where their 'work' both promotes the society and is rewarded.  This is not, at its outset, planned on being the home to the host of dark mages and necromancers of the world.

I am using some popular fantasy magocracies as heavy lore inspirations.

Avalir
House Telvanni
The Red Wizards of Thay

Everything after this as far as mechanics for economy, tax, structure of the government, military, nobility etc - is entirely open. Those who have played with me in LOTC know that I like to try bold and unconventional group dynamics that emphasize fun mechanisms for player intrigue and conflict, that promote stories and conflict. This means I inherently bake in conflict mechanisms and expect the 'leaders' I bring into any group to respect conflict and create stories - we compete ICly, but work OOCly with each other to prevent toxicity and respect the work that goes into other people's projects.

If you are interest.
Join the Discord:

https://discord.gg/T58qw4gcx2

8 minutes ago, Balthasar said:

This will go swimmingly - just like Ando Alur and Celia'nor!

Thanks for the support? Though I will note both of those societies are primarily Elven principalities that had magic in them. You of course are welcome to get in early to offer some feedback in the design process.

As a player who has been a long-time dungeon master and roleplayer for many years, building a community from scratch is something I believe I excel in.

you just almost described lurin, why not join them?

this trope is a bit saturated rn i will warn you

8 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

you just almost described lurin, why not join them?

Thanks for the support? Lurin is a great place, go there if that's what appeals to you as a player. 

There's multiple places to enjoy as an elf, or a human, or a mage , or a canonist or a whatever...Players can gravitate wherever they enjoy best based on the culture of the group, the friends they have, and the lore and the impact they feel as a player. 

I will, and have never, as a settlement leader  discouraged another players idea or for them to strike out with new idea of their own. 

I won't tell anyone not to enjoy any settlement on the map, but I will tell you that our narrative pitch is uniquely different from other settlements currently on the map. Especially because it's in such a nascient stage.  I am not discouraged by the unusually high barrier to entry to creating new groups on this server and want to show new players that you can try new things on LOTC. 

Follow your dreams and do whatever you want and gives you enjoyement. It doesn't matter if there are other similar things, as long as it has your vision in it.

People "warning" him while he wants to do his own stuff are cringe. It's a mineman server, a game.

@MinuvasI didn't want to flood your recent roleplay forum post, but if you all change your minds and want a conlang produced - please let me know via Discord!