9.0 Your View - Building on Roads

itdontmatta

Road Rules  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Restrict building on roads?

• Yes
    • No

the main roads should be restricted 100 %

QIZU TOLD ME TO VOTE YES!!! RALLLLYYYYYY!!!!

people building on top of roads and messing with other groups feels very needlessly chaotic

18E46D34-E727-4BD7-9DC8-C79EEED015E0.jpe

Take a seat IdontMatta 

Could you consider my electronic messages left in your Discordtm DM's

Thank you, 

-Jentos 

Spoiler

yeah ppl shouldn't be able to build on main roads unless for some specific thing, maybe situationally

As long as the building isn't ON TOP of the road it's fine.

Additional thoughts:
Roadside buildings like taverns, guilds, merchant caravans, ruins etc bring interesting roleplay and are just a cool sight when walking by.

Roadblocks are just obnoxious and annoying to deal with if they have gates and restrict the flow of people. If you want to set up an actual roadblock then send guards there and have them roleplay with travelers without a gate in the way.

Buildings at least 10 blocks off the road = fine
Buldings that engulf the roads = bad

the main restriction on roads should be that you're not allowed to block them off. i think you should be allowed to build on them on the condition that settlement/building/whatever doesn't actively prevent people from travelling across the road (ie gates, walls, etc. that serve to block off the road).

Nub touch main roads.

Nations can do whatever they want with secondary roads on their tiles.

I try to believe in a realistic approach to things like this, where while toll booths do hinder rp they can also foster other types of rp. However this entire thought process ia built on mutual respect and a general understanding oocly. Said understandings hardly every actually happen so while I thing building on roads could be beneficial the problems nations and settlements would have to deal with in making other roads, dealing with toxic or potentially harmful individuals, or other various things seem to outweigh the plus sides of putting nations on the main road

Let them build on the roads. We need more road side caravans and taverns and the like. Just dont block the road itself, build on the side of it

Keep the roads clear! It was a real hassle when roads where blocked off in Atlas, and it's been rough this map having to go around build trying to get to places. Please for the love you hold for the craft keep the roads clear. I will die on my hill.

I don't play but I saw this and thought I'd speak up, since it isn't mentioned in the main post. Keeping a main road available to navigate to nations keeps things user friendly, especially when it comes to new players who do not yet understand how soul stones work, or who may only have one slot to save a pillar to. As much as I agree things should be left to rp, it's nice to keep things like this restricted to some extent to maintain some order.

a nation should be able to build what they want on their own roads, however the main road between nations (ones that aren't in their tiles) should be restricted