9.0 Your View - Building on Roads

itdontmatta

Road Rules  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Restrict building on roads?

• Yes
    • No

kingdoms don't need more freedom than they already have, says greentag who believes every NL is an evil ooc schemer who is secretly plotting to destroy RP for their own ends (the twinny incident scarred the staff team)

maybe we should have a little more faith in the NLs. sorta feels like we're treating them like evil twats who have nothing but a desire to oocly win - sure, there probably are a few like that, but aren't there probably a few who aren't? if a roadblock is obviously in bad faith, can't we just call it out and get it removed? 

13 hours ago, UnBaed said:

If any player can just warp to a nation or settlement next map, I am curious what sort of system will be used to ensure there's no BM/abuse -- I've been a bit distant from new stuff coming for the next map, so I wouldn't know.  I got my semester wrapping up this month

I misspoke but yeah the idea is that spawn will have warps to each nation/settlement, which will bring you to a place of the NL's choosing (right outside the capital in most cases, I'd imagine).

if you really wanted a staff intervention to "make it easier to move from point A to point B" that wasn't onerous on people, you could have staff members (or whoever) build desire paths around obstructions, enriching the map and creating opportunities for enviro storytelling & random encounters along a shady shortcut

desirepath.png

it would realistically only have to be some path blocks made with a shovel going around a town and looping back onto the road. but it would be something constructive instead of yet another layer of red tape and policing

unrestricted. road travel is seldom used regardless -- everyone has mach 15 horses and if a settlement or build really blocks a road or makes it disadvantageous to travel through, going around is more than feasible. dont restrict in game things for ooc reasons.