Mental Health

EmiliainWonderland

Hey gamers, Emi here.

Been about a year or two since I took an official PROPER break from LOTC and I don't really know if I'm coming back from this one.

I've been through a lot both irp and oocly and it seems kind of silly to dip out because of it, but slowly but surely it's been wearing down on my mental health. It's no one's fault, so no one blame themselves. I suffer from plenty of illnesses that can be triggered for the simplest of reasons that really don't make sense to even me. 

Lately these last couple of days have been wearing me thin and I'm more exhausted than I've been in months and it always seems to stem from the same related issues. No matter what nation I'm in, what character I'm playing, etc. It always happens at some point that I either lose my temper or I get too mentally exhausted to continue and yet push myself to keep going. Since 2021 I've been in countless ooc fights, irp quarrels, etc and I'm just trying to keep some form of my own sanity still in tact. Not to be overtly dramatic, but I just don't know how much longer I can keep putting myself through these things and not feeling like utter shit when I come out the other end of it.

So OFFICIALLY, I'll be taking a break as soon as I finish some of these storylines with my characters.

As I said, I'm not sure if I'll be coming back though LOTC always had a way of dragging me back in.

Most of you don't really know me, but for those who do, I'm still able to be contacted via discord, though I doubt many of us will remain friends without actively rping with LOTC as our medium.

If anything changes, I'll edit the post or delete it.

Love always, 

Emi of the Sohma

Sometimes a break is all you need!! Summer is coming anyway so see you next autumn!!  

LOTC has a habit of dragging you back when you least expect it. It can be something as simple as talking to an old friend.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and part ways when you feel the need- get the rest you need from it! From a stranger, enjoy your break and if we don't see you again, have a great one.

I wish you good luck in trying to recuperate. I give this bit of advice not to entice you to return, but rather in the case you do willingly choose to return:

Games, in addition to other forms of recreation, are always going to be on the face of it forms of leisure. The very freeform trait of LotC in addition to the goal-oriented nature of video games in general makes it to where mentally some may have trouble distinguishing from a useful engagement with that human need for goal setting and accomplishing and a detrimental engagement.

It seems from what you describe that you tend to fall into groups and patterns of that goal-oriented nature of LotC vis-a-vis "nation roleplay". I'd encourage you to not get packed in with that crowd if you were to return and rather play focused only on whatever entertaining aspects of roleplay satisfies your aesthetic tastes without being burdened by the more chore-like humdrum that can be found within "nation roleplay". You need to be very clear about your boundaries with other players so that you are only interfacing with the aesthetics that intrigue you while being able to turn away and turn down any instance of "giving you chores" which seem to inevitably lead to this mental state you've described.

Cheers and hope you continue onwards in good health!

Spoiler

Watch me break several forum rules on accident

Take it easy man and good luck. I promise you that you won't miss anything here or at least nothing important. To be honest with you Aehmi, if LOTC really hurts your mental health that badly, then there is only one thing I can say, which is very crude. I apologize if it comes off as aggressive or rude but it is honestly the only way I can express it. Stay the **** away from the server. It will probably never have a good effect on you considering you have taken a break from the server before and still, somehow, it found a way to **** with your mental health. 

From what I know you are older than me by a lot and you should use that time to do something good and fun. For some it is to build an aesthetic body, for others, it is to smash around, and for others to explore the world or study and get degrees. Don't waste those years on video games (especially not LOTC) because honestly, those years will never come back. 

The truth is that the real world has as much freedom and possibilities as LOTC (if not more). Sure you might not be able to be a mage or a king, but you can be a group leader, whether it be a friend group, a family, or an organization. Those friends you have on the game and on discord are nothing compared to the friends you see and meet in person.  

I hope that you do not return to LOTC. Not because I hate you or anything and you damn well know I don't. But rather because I think you can prosper and become much better without LOTC in your life.

5 hours ago, MisterBlitzkrieg said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Watch me break several forum rules on accident

Take it easy man and good luck. I promise you that you won't miss anything here or at least nothing important. To be honest with you Aehmi, if LOTC really hurts your mental health that badly, then there is only one thing I can say, which is very crude. I apologize if it comes off as aggressive or rude but it is honestly the only way I can express it. Stay the **** away from the server. It will probably never have a good effect on you considering you have taken a break from the server before and still, somehow, it found a way to **** with your mental health. 

From what I know you are older than me by a lot and you should use that time to do something good and fun. For some it is to build an aesthetic body, for others, it is to smash around, and for others to explore the world or study and get degrees. Don't waste those years on video games (especially not LOTC) because honestly, those years will never come back. 

The truth is that the real world has as much freedom and possibilities as LOTC (if not more). Sure you might not be able to be a mage or a king, but you can be a group leader, whether it be a friend group, a family, or an organization. Those friends you have on the game and on discord are nothing compared to the friends you see and meet in person.  

I hope that you do not return to LOTC. Not because I hate you or anything and you damn well know I don't. But rather because I think you can prosper and become much better without LOTC in your life.

I'll level with you, if I ever DO return to LOTC after this break. I'll make sure I focus a whole lot less time and energy on it. 

I'm actually in school right now catching up on a **** TON of missed assignments and I appreciate you commenting bud, you're a good friend for looking out for me.

Also... rude I'm like 3 or 4 years your senior dog I ain't even old ;(

I remember we were siblings in Ludovar a long time ago now and honestly my personal handling of that whole thing was a mess that I don't even wanna get into, but like I always say to my friends who consider quitting for good: If you don't find joy in it anymore, DON'T DO IT. That's what I did, and not once have I regretting that decision. YOU focus on YOU! I don't know you too well personally, but I hope that wherever you turn now in life that you're happy!

(Btw I looked at your Twitch and saw no streams what happen :( )