TRIAL BY CARROT

Xarkly

Jimarcus found himself shocked at this outcome, he loved a duel but he hated traitors. “They’re trying, at least. A traitor is already a coward and a knave, they have no care for their names. What is expected? Not a chance she’ll return.” 

"Du are too honorable for ihr own gutt, vater." the aforementioned Wilheim Barclay cursed to himself as he read the misthve. "She has turned to the same men who kidnapped ihr blood. Such dogs should've been put down before their madness spreads."

"My own father, my own father..." chanted the scorned Lady Gant from within a stuffy chamber in Castle Emalinhrad, her arms - thinning, thanks to her refusal to eat - enveloped her knees as she rocked to and fro with each iteration of the ritualistic chorus. "My own father..." once more echoed out as a retainer of the Lady Suzana delivered a bowl of stew, replacing the now-chilled, untouched plate of the previous day. "My father no more." Was her final resolution to the icy-eyed maid, who merely offered a meek nod before slinking back off to the kitchens - to speak of Lorena's madness, no doubt. "I will have his head." She spoke into the chilly air as she rose shakily from the down-filled cot, trudging along to the window. "I will have all of their heads."

“While I am not fond of most Haenser-folk, this truly TRULY a fun read, best luck to this Carrot and his opponent.” Cackled an Ivanovich to his squire whilst on his travels.

Josefina Barclay gazed out at the rose fields, arms wrapped tightly about herself. The young Gant had been present during her kidnapping just under a year ago now. She had no pity for those that stood idly by and watched as Adrians voted to take her head, and the heads of her kin.

"Should have put down the heretic from the start..." the inquisitor scoffed, crossing his arms as he'd observe the proceedings and declaration of challenge.

Spoiler

Xarkly single handedly keeping the Thronebreaker OST relevant, good shit