Mind your Language - A Mod Approach

Ibn Khaldun

based mod actually enforcing good-faith rp

27 minutes ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

targeted threats and otherwise out-of-character remarks hinting at blackmail

im a little curious as to what this section entails, has forum-rp blackmail happened before?

8 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

im a little curious as to what this section entails, has forum-rp blackmail happened before?

There was a recent incident whose details I cannot share, but yes.

5 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

It's more a reference to remarks that people make like "you better act a certain way or not say those things otherwise I'll (post x y z) (go after you and make your time on the server hard) (do this)"

[being vague as not to go into too much detail]

If you got more questions about it you can dm me!

1 hour ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

There was a recent incident whose details I cannot share, but yes.

Hey gaius, genuinely appreciate your willingness to moderate Minecraft Twitter wars. That being said, I know what situation you’re referencing, and I don’t think it’s fair to refer to it as blackmail. My intention with that post was merely to point out a flaw/hypocrisy in an argument, and in no way did I threaten to leak any of the screenshots. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t, as I don’t actually have access to any screenshots, but only know of their existence. Just wanted to clear that up, cheers!

Just now, AnonymousAlexa said:

Hey gaius, genuinely appreciate your willingness to moderate Minecraft Twitter wars. That being said, I know what situation you’re referencing, and I don’t think it’s fair to refer to it as blackmail. My intention with that post was merely to point out a flaw/hypocrisy in an argument, and in no way did I threaten to leak any of the screenshots. Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t, as I don’t actually have access to any screenshots, but only know of their existence. Just wanted to clear that up, cheers!

That is fair and I will leave that matter between you and the other party and the responsible moderator handling it.

1 minute ago, Kholibrii said:

So-and-so thinks this post is stupid! : >

You Naughty Naughty GIF - You Naughty Naughty GIFs

Morbibundity thought this suggestion was idiot, stupid and dumb. She turned to her cup of tea and wondered how much tea she could spill about her enemies' suspicious discord activities.

(For legal reasons, this is a joke- pls don't ban me)

But no, seriously. These would be welcome additions to our rules. I'm genuinely sick of players doing this shit. It's not healthy for them or beneficial to anyone around them; its poor roleplay and should definitely be punished. Good stuff.

You're going to upset a lot of people. Fun.