Mind your Language - A Mod Approach

Ibn Khaldun

yuor killing a man enforcin this rule.  My character 'Grung ShadowSpeak', who only exists on the forums, who lost his daughter and cannot stop smirking at posts.  He has AIDS and the HIV virus from lickin blood off his blade, hes kept alive by these here forums, yuoud kill a man fixing this broken pipe

3 hours ago, Moribundity said:

Morbibundity thought this suggestion was idiot, stupid and dumb. She turned to her cup of tea and wondered how much tea she could spill about her enemies' suspicious discord activities.

(For legal reasons, this is a joke- pls don't ban me)

But no, seriously. These would be welcome additions to our rules. I'm genuinely sick of players doing this shit. It's not healthy for them or beneficial to anyone around them; its poor roleplay and should definitely be punished. Good stuff.

Knicks Bing GIF - Knicks Bing Bong GIFs

2 hours ago, Lirinya said:

You're going to upset a lot of people. Fun.

If said people are upset that rules are being enforced, I can't help it. That being said, I don't take on the task of enforcement with some sort of masochistic glee where I can secretly take out my disdain for Player A, B, and that ugly Player C over there. I am hoping my generally affable personality wins over most people into willingly abiding by rules as they are enforced.

We can't even get through a war without the toxicity going through the roof, some small methods of lowering that toxicity level is probably the right thing to do.  Hope it works out, Gaius, just don't get burnt out taking up too much 'responsibility' in a minecraft fantasy role playing server

Really positive perspective that I hope comes to change things from a player perspective, I’d suggest you start with the twitter civil war between lithium and itdontmatta

14 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

based mod actually enforcing good-faith rp

im a little curious as to what this section entails, has forum-rp blackmail happened before?

"My character would kill your character if X" is a weird half-flex half-threat I've read and heard a few too many times in  LOOC and nation VC's. I imagine this can more broadly apply to things like that too. 

14 hours ago, Ibn Khaldun said:
  • passive-aggressive remarks written as if one were reading your character's thoughts. So-and-so thought this guy was a dumbass is all too conveniently a vehicle where we make jabs at one another.
  •  

*looks at the UGLY man, thinking he's an IDIOT who still takes baths with his dad and has never kissed a woman on the lips...

Genuine fail RP and it baffles me it's not directly highlighted in the rules to this day. Glad to see a mod voicing their stance against it. 

I rise and salute the honorable chairman. I'm with Gaius!

10 hours ago, Abeam said:

We can't even get through a war without the toxicity going through the roof, some small methods of lowering that toxicity level is probably the right thing to do.  Hope it works out, Gaius, just don't get burnt out taking up too much 'responsibility' in a minecraft fantasy role playing server

Wise words as always. As I've mentioned above, moderating the forums on downtime during work wouldn't be an issue for me.

5 hours ago, GMRO said:

Really positive perspective that I hope comes to change things from a player perspective, I’d suggest you start with the twitter civil war between lithium and itdontmatta

I will keep an eye to see if any other status updates pop up between those two and/or subsequent forum threads. I think both of them are mature/should be mature enough to turn away from the computer screen and let the nerves calm. I admit I am no where knowledgeable enough about what I am guessing seems to be beef between Aaun playerbase v. Adrian playerbase save for they had a recent war.

In general, if there is evidence of staff conduct, I'd make the case that it be brought either privately to Discord DMs (if the subject matter is too sensitive) or on a Server Feedback thread and that all evidence is brought out - not just a "carrot" to lead people on a merry path of ranting and dissing others. This last part isn't a jab at you GMRO, but more just my general thoughts related to the matter.

Based.

Look at this guy, Veteran turned Moderation. He's a good apple. 

Great to see!

Thank you greatly for being clear and outspoken with your position and goals as a member of Staff. I love this forward thinking and hope to see it spread throughout LotC as a whole.

this is now an AMA thread

1. what were the religious beliefs of hochmeister gaius marius
  2. is it true that he duped minas?
  3. what would gaius marius' name be in old marian?
  4. what did the teutonic cross represent
  5. thoughts on the house of sheffield?
  6. what would history have been like if hanseti conquered renatus?

15 minutes ago, argonian said:

this is now an AMA thread

1. what were the religious beliefs of hochmeister gaius marius
  2. is it true that he duped minas?
  3. what would gaius marius' name be in old marian?
  4. what did the teutonic cross represent
  5. thoughts on the house of sheffield?
  6. what would history have been like if hanseti conquered renatus?

1. Repeat after me @argonian: Ash-hadu la ilaha ilalaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ur-Rasoolulaah. OOC banter aside, I played that Hochmeister character adhering to primitive monotheism. For real-life reasons, I avoid anything to do with polytheism or atheism, but also don't just import said real-life convictions copy-paste into the server.

2. It is true that I spawned in a million minas back in Aegis. Guilty as charged, but I am reformed.

3. That is a good question. I'll be honest, I don't know.

4. The Teutonic Cross represented the four limbs which we fought with. Jokes aside, we didn't really uphold any symbolic meaning for it.

5. Clapped them too many times to count. Thoughts of the many sieges of Al'Khazaar come to mind. I will say, hindsight being 20/20, I think those of us in the Teutonic Order back in 1.0 incidentally opened Pandora's Box by forming one of the first player-controlled nations and it is something that I think about occasionally whether nations should be staff-led or player-led. We made our case for starting Realm of Hanseti when Alras went a different route to achieve a player-operated nation via donations to the server.

6. Eam very happy you asked!

Westworld Mindblown GIF - Westworld Mindblown Awesome GIFs

mfw i cant throw all these letters in my fireplace after insulting the forum post writer beforehandjslutty.jpg

23 hours ago, Lirinya said:

You're going to upset a lot of people. Fun.

I would certainly hope anyone in their right mind wouldn't get upset at rule changes that lessen toxicity.