Mind your Language - A Mod Approach

Ibn Khaldun

3 hours ago, xMuted said:

I would certainly hope anyone in their right mind wouldn't get upset at rule changes that lessen toxicity.

Doesn't look like any rule changes. Just enforcing the ones I wrote when I was a mod.

And yes, people got plenty mad when I enforced them and will again now that Gaius will. And, trust me, you can guess exactly who they are. 

This is wonderful to see and I look forward to seeing you enforce the rules and improve the community so it is a better place for everyone who joins it.

12 hours ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

1. Repeat after me @argonian: Ash-hadu la ilaha ilalaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ur-Rasoolulaah. OOC banter aside, I played that Hochmeister character adhering to primitive monotheism. For real-life reasons, I avoid anything to do with polytheism or atheism, but also don't just import said real-life convictions copy-paste into the server.

2. It is true that I spawned in a million minas back in Aegis. Guilty as charged, but I am reformed.

3. That is a good question. I'll be honest, I don't know.

4. The Teutonic Cross represented the four limbs which we fought with. Jokes aside, we didn't really uphold any symbolic meaning for it.

5. Clapped them too many times to count. Thoughts of the many sieges of Al'Khazaar come to mind. I will say, hindsight being 20/20, I think those of us in the Teutonic Order back in 1.0 incidentally opened Pandora's Box by forming one of the first player-controlled nations and it is something that I think about occasionally whether nations should be staff-led or player-led. We made our case for starting Realm of Hanseti when Alras went a different route to achieve a player-operated nation via donations to the server.

6. Eam very happy you asked!

Westworld Mindblown GIF - Westworld Mindblown Awesome GIFs

Cool shit.

Question 1 was because I heard Teutons worshipped a literal horse and I wanted to see was I being memed or not lol

1 hour ago, argonian said:

Cool shit.

Question 1 was because I heard Teutons worshipped a literal horse and I wanted to see was I being memed or not lol

What Are You Doing What GIF - What Are You Doing What Whut GIFs

I don't know nothing about that nor remember anything like that.

Aesopian's pupils trace over the post, and his eyes narrow. No more passive-aggressive remarks? No more letting out his frustration and rage in a Minecraft roleplay server's forums? His fat flap flutters in disgust.

Slowly, Aesopian begins to stand up. Like the titular whale from Brendan Fraiser's award-winning Whale, his blob-like form shakily rises from his gamer chair, leaving behind fossilized cheetos that were, many years ago, lost below his monster truck tire fat rolls. Each step he takes causes a magnitude 4.3 earthquake (down from 5.1 after his most recent diet). The reinforced floor tiles below him squeal in pain.  

Each pounding step takes him closer to the basement door. Sweat curdles the leftover Dorito powder on his face. He could feel his heart about to explode out of his chest, as it worked harder than it had in years. Still, he pressed on, eating a can of lime Coke. That's right, eating it. The metal and everything. He had stomach acid like a dog that could break down anything.

As the door creaks open, he tugs a drooping line of metal beads, the sickly-yellow light snapping to life and illuminating the dank, dusty domain. Taking the first step down the stairs, a filing cabinet came into view. Nothing would stop him from demonstrating his superiority in Minecraft arguments. Nothing! 

The shimmer of old marker glistens on a piece of cardboard attached to his cabinet. And it reads...

'Muppet Babies -  @GaiusMarius'