[Paleknight Amendment] Saturation Augment

christman

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/209163-%E2%9C%93-ca-addition-amendment-paleknights-palelords/

— An addition to the Augment Section

Knights Woe

Eidola who take on this augment would be able to utilize the non-fatal version of Mysticism’s saturation spell. Over the course of [2] emotes, the Paleknight will leak their interior waters onto their own menhir craft. This will force it to take on a spectral appearance (such as aesthetic translucency, ectoplasmic wisps, mournful whispers etc) to no combative advantage.

Should the paleknight land a killing blow on their target, the victim will not die but be reduced into a half-awake state (and therefore are unable to help combatively). This state will persist until the encounter ends. Following this, the victim will be unable to remember the encounter save for hazy, nightmare like recollections. Optional flavourful nightmares, paranoia or mental unrest may be roleplayed following this encounter for however long the player decides. 

Knights Woe takes up [1] augment slot, and reaps [1] soul fragment. 

- Knights Woe requires a menhir weapon to utilise. 

- The hazy recollection cannot be used to metagame any information (such as people involved in the encounter, places, or otherwise discerning facts). It is vauge. 

This ability cannot be used on the same persona for the next three ooc days. 

Spoiler

Devour is an incredibly hard to use ability in combat, to avoid promoting murderhobo adding this augment will allow for eidola to collect souls without going insane sicko mode. i've spoken to the paleknight community and they agree it'd be nice to not have 2 kill people

okay bye love u st

hate murder hobo mechanics, liking this shift

More means to circumvent killing is always best, killing as a spook is CRINGE

Thank god, I hated killing people!

Bonz Eyes GIF - Bonz Eyes GIFs

Spoiler

In all seriousness this is valid and needed, thank you! My only way around this was to offer RP gift items to people I'd killed as souvenirs in exchange for their soul fragments.

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.