Confessions of a Caelian | 1922

A letter is published to the Heartlands. Tears stain many of its copies.

I am Scipio Vir the Caelian, from the Duchy of Minitz. I am a virtuous Canonist, and seek before all else the Glory of God. The Glory of God is not in this war. The Duchy of Adria has not acted unreasonably given the course of War, and having submitted itself to penance of the Church of Canon. Despite this, war escalated- but the Duchy of Adria was able defend itself and through victory achieve independence. Since then, they have offered terms of peace that are reasonable.

They forced me to join the army. My sister has been forced to marry someone she doesn't love. She was then conscripted to their military, forcing her to attack a much more elite opponent. They tried to drown me once, they made me do THE TRAILS OF GAINS and so much more. 

The Duchy of Minitz has not served its peoples or its own interests in the pursuit of this war, and the Kingdom of Aaun’s refusal of reasonable peace terms has only caused its people to suffer, its youth to die.

Scipio Vir

Spoiler

Kudos to Pegleg for quality RP.

Because of the time, he had to log, though we were given to post this on his behalf, as evidenced below. 

image.png

@Pegleg_Bob

Fabian frowns as a courier brings, as requested, another copy of a missive which begins with those fated words - I am a virtuous Canonist.

He looks, slowly, to two others. 

He looks, slower, to a printing press.

He wonders.

23 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

THE TRAILS OF GAINS

“It’s Trial, by the way.” Sir Ludolf mutters aloud as he forces a random peasant to lift.

"How ridiculous."  The Duchess of Minitz let out a scoff in incredulity at the idiocy of the writer.

The evil Ludrik von Katzak chuckles as he goes to get his whip, forcing more peasants through the TRIAL* OF THE GRAINS, laughing maniacally alongside his villain buddy Ludolf.

Margaret grumbles as she hands out bread in the square of Minitz to all those in need of alms. "I always knew there was something wrong with that family... those Caelians."