THE LETTER OF DIPLOMACY

Franczhiz

Spoiler

THE LETTER OF DIPLOMACY

Outskirts of the North, 1st of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1922

Several years have passed by since the start of this conflict, a war that has been continued for too long and continues to claim the lives of more and more men, women and children every day. While there has not been any peaceful negotiations between the two who are at war since the bloodshed at the  Battle of Two Churches, I had taken the matter in my own hand to speak to a Sarkozic who happened to be in the Duchy of Minitz. 

It was there where I, Caius Godwin and Markus Marie Sarkozic, son of Heinrik I and Austina Aldersberg, began to speak of a list of terms to at least end one quarrel that kept this conflict between our peoples to continue. Alas, the many compatriots of both of our sides insist that we should continue to fight in this quarrel until no one is left. I consider this meeting not an act of treachery or an act of unloyalty to my liege, it was peace and the preservation of the people of Aaun and that of the entirety of humanity that mattered to me.

I call you, all of those from the realms who continue to insist on war, foolish and insolent, for it is not the people who you speak for in the continuation of this war but only for yourself. If you only see blood as the true resolution to this, then I shall continue to prove you wrong. Continue on the path of war and you will surely meet the end of yourself and that of the people whom you intend to serve. With the continuation of this, GOD-forsaken conflict, you will only sow more divided sentiment within your own ranks.

I took one lesson in account that I keep with me at all times, to make peace with those of rational and good thought for diplomacy when given the chance. To insist on more bloodshed will only increase the demoralization and willfulness of your own peoples. It was only recently ever since the penance of Heinrik where we so blatantly refused to keep ourselves to an armistice and keep a promise, when the very moment within Karosgrad we could have made peace and we would not have to suffer anymore under this grotesque war with thousands of dead.

Alas, yet here we are, with the continuation of the war, not under Heinrik but the man who has succeeded him. Johannes van Aert, a man who hails from the House van Aert who were previously loyal to the Holy Orenian Empire and lended support in the various wars that preceded the one we fight now.

This new Duke had made a missive that would at least be an attempt to spare the lives of the men, women and children involved in this conflict,  as we can all vividly remember the execution of the child in Karosgrad. I do not easily take the word of the new Duke for granted, but should this be a genuine step towards the saving of lives and keep it a conflict between armies and not the population then I believe it to be a good show of mercy.

It is to the people of the various Kingdoms and other realms involved in this conflict to whom I call to gather for peace once more to spare the lives of the men you are to send into battle. Come to an agreement for peace and be clear about your intentions for the preservation of the population. Even if you are not in any capacity to speak to a diplomat for an affair of peace between the various factions at war, even being a normal civilian of your realm is enough to bring such forth.

It is in my prayers where I continue to beg GOD for a peaceful conference to end this conflict and seek to restore the ties that we once had with one another. Those who have similar intentions regarding the conflict are able to write to me at any time that they deem fit.

Pro pace et prosperitate.

Signed,

Caius Godwin

"A wise man indeed! Peace... this is all I wish for." spoke and prayed a defrocked priest from within the Adrian Church "It is for everyone's good."

Oksana skimmed the missive pinned to the notice board in the square of Veleç, finding the words to be both profound and enlightening, "Peace," The Raev murmured to herself, savouring the uncommon word on her tongue, "Sto a wistful dream." With a contented sigh, she made her way back to her stead, feeling grateful for having stumbled upon such wisdom.

sarkozic.png

“And Vargentgotz calls forth three deceivers in the guise of messengers, with wings of cold fire.  They are called Justice, Glory, and Reward. Before the priests, the first exalts wrath. Before the kings, the second exalts pride. And before the merchants, the last exalts avarice. So the world is the possession of cruel men. But there are yet faithful.” ~Ex. Sigismund Carrion

It is no secret to my comrades within Adria that in the onset of the war, I held doubts on whether it was a just cause. It seemed to me at the time that bloodshed had erupted out of nowhere, where once there was a strong unity and peace. I was young, and in youthful foolishness was tempted into the lie of Neutrality

This shadow of doubt was broken by the specter of Adria’s past, which challenged me to a quest in pursuit of truth. I was ushered to learn the history of my people, realizing the threads woven within the Tapestry of Man and the greater context of the four Holy Scrolls. I was commanded to respect my fellow Man as he is due, and to learn the ways of piety and wisdom.

I am a virtuous Canonist, and seek before all else the Glory of God. It is for this reason that I rebuke neutrality, and take up instead the grueling challenge of confronting reality head on. The position of the Coalition to insist on continuing a war on the basis of Canondom and Virtue yet overtly ignore and deny offers of peace or any diplomatic talks for that matter is utterly indefensible. Generous terms of a Ceasefire have been eagerly offered, an invitation for clerical inquisition extended and a request to cooperate against the Ibleesian Mori’quessir; but still the deceiver ‘Justice’ has seduced them to its cause!

Beware, numerable hosts of the enemy: Do not mistake the pursuit of peace for weakness! Virtues such as Temperance and Patience strengthen our resolve, and the Greycloaks shall fight for every last inch so long as the grace of Godanistan remains on their side, and continue to win.

I will humbly submit one correction to the righteous Caius Godwin; Not a single Adrian has contested nor lambasted me for signing the commitment to discuss matters of Aldersberg with Cressida Marie with scribes of Aaun present. The only regret shared between me and my comrades has been that I did not plaster the proud Sarkozic Coat of Arms on the top of the document, and for traveling so dangerously in the first place.

Let there be Peace; else may God damn you by our sabre.

The Right Honorable, Markus Marie Sarkozic

Count of Aldersberg

3 hours ago, GoodGuyMatt said:

"Watch the Adrians love all these written posts now!" cackled Ludrik

Spoiler

keep it irp bro ur killing my immersion on every conflict post