Orenian Nations Tree

Sander

Incredible, opening up and making the lore and histories for accessible, godspeed 

Awesome work as always, Sander!

Incredibly neat to see and good representation of the Hansetian/Teutonic Order elements as far as I can see! You've got the Aegis timeline correct as far as I remember.

I do want to ask, what are some lore concerning Kingdom of Balain and Mzen? Those names I do not recognize from Aegis-era lore unless it was created post-Aegis map which is fine, just want to learn more.

4 minutes ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

Incredibly neat to see and good representation of the Hansetian/Teutonic Order elements as far as I can see! You've got the Aegis timeline correct as far as I remember.

I do want to ask, what are some lore concerning Kingdom of Balain and Mzen? Those names I do not recognize from Aegis-era lore unless it was created post-Aegis map which is fine, just want to learn more.

Not sure if those actually existed or only in lore, but if I recall the source correctly they’re described in the Scroll of Gospel. The Prince of Balain and one King Edmund of Mzen who was of the line of Horen were candidates for the throne of Oren, but the Prince was killed before he could take the throne and the King fell in battle en route to Jrent. Something like that. Then furtherdown it described Oren as having united mankind, so I incorporated these titles into that.

I think for next week I will make a chart depicting the early rulers from Horen to Sigismund. If I do, expect to see more about those figures in that. I would’ve liked to include more detail here but that would’ve made things overcomplicated.

Very interesting although it could be argued that the Kingdom of Courland, while calling itself such name, was never really a kingdom but a duchy, due to the lack of coronation and recognition by the Church of the Canon (although it was recognized as a kingdom with a coronation by a minority of the church that went full schism)

1 hour ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

they're just lore places

never existed

This is super informative, Sander! Just one thing, Sedan’s dominant house is de Joannes. Seeing as it’s a direct cadet branch of Horen, as Marna and Novellen are, I think it should get its own color.

Pretty good, but there's some that I feel are poorly represented or not listed.

Notes on the Kingdoms:

Spoiler

Kingdom of Kaedrin (Chivay) should be added as a part of the First Empire, be a contributor to the Third Empire, then be spawned from the Republic of Ves with Helvets as a contributor to the Eighth Empire.

Duchy of Adria (Carrion) should be added as a secession from the Reformed Kingdom of Oren that is reabsorbed into the Fifth Empire, it is later reconstituted with Carrion under the Empire of Man then later transformed into the Republic of Ves.

The "Great Orenian Exodus to Aeldin" should be replaced with the Aeldinic Empire (Horenic), as it is where the dynasts emerged for the Third Empire, Fifth Empire, Kingdom of Renatus after the Sixth, and the Seventh Empire respectively.

The Empire of Man to Eighth Empire is rather inaccurate, there should be no Empire of Renatus succeeding the Empire of Man, at least none that succeeded the polities that seceded from the Empire of Man. I'm not really sure what the "Empire of Renatus" is besides some forum fiction blogged about at the end of the War of Two Emperor's.

The full political history of the Republic of Ves would be Duchy of Adria (Carrion) > Republic of Ves > Duchy of Cathalon (Helvets) > Kingdom of Kaedrin (Helvets).

The County of Leuven should be Ashford (de Falstaff) and later succeeded by Rubern a mercenary occupation state, later reincorporated into the Eighth Empire.

Kingdom of Norland should be incorporated into one of the Pertinaxi states somewhere, I forget exactly when they took the title but they were within the Empire of Man until the War of the Two Emperor's.

Notes on the Dynasties:

Spoiler

It would be better to split Horen and Carrion branches up earlier in the tree.

The Horens of the Fifth Empire were Johannians which would later diverge into Marna, Alstion, and de Joannes respectively.

The Horens of the Kingdom of Renatus after the Sixth Empire, Renatus Marna, and the Empire of Man were the Pertinaxi.

The first Duchy of Adria and the Adria proceeding the Republic of Ves should be noted as Sarkozic, a Carrion branch.

Novellen is a Sarkozic branch with Pertinaxi admixture.

Barbanov should similarly be branched from Carrion for the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

Here's a mockup of some of the changes. Black for Adria, red for Kaedrin, orange for Norland, green for Rubern. There's more I likely missed, but this is off the top of my head.
fix.thumb.png.5d7ce3e0612b2028966276a9eb83afbf.png

Edited by Fishy
i did 20 years in the can

1 hour ago, argonian said:

they're just lore places

never existed

Understood, thanks mate.

31 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Pretty good, but there's some that I feel are poorly represented or not listed.

Notes on the Kingdoms:

Hide contents

Kingdom of Kaedrin (Chivay) should be added as a part of the First Empire, be a contributor to the Third Empire, then be spawned from the Republic of Ves with Helvets as a contributor to the Eighth Empire.

Duchy of Adria (Carrion) should be added as a secession from the Reformed Kingdom of Oren that is reabsorbed into the Fifth Empire, it is later reconstituted with Carrion under the Empire of Man then later transformed into the Republic of Ves.

The "Great Orenian Exodus to Aeldin" should be replaced with the Aeldinic Empire (Horenic), as it is where the dynasts emerged for the Third Empire, Fifth Empire, Kingdom of Renatus after the Sixth, and the Seventh Empire respectively.

The Empire of Man to Eighth Empire is rather inaccurate, there should be no Empire of Renatus succeeding the Empire of Man, at least none that succeeded the polities that seceded from the Empire of Man. I'm not really sure what the "Empire of Renatus" is besides some forum fiction blogged about at the end of the War of Two Emperor's.

The full political history of the Republic of Ves would be Duchy of Adria (Carrion) > Republic of Ves > Duchy of Cathalon (Helvets) > Kingdom of Kaedrin (Helvets).

The County of Leuven should be Ashford (de Falstaff) and later succeeded by Rubern a mercenary occupation state, later reincorporated into the Eighth Empire.

Kingdom of Norland should be incorporated into one of the Pertinaxi states somewhere, I forget exactly when they took the title but they were within the Empire of Man until the War of the Two Emperor's.

Notes on the Dynasties:

Hide contents

It would be better to split Horen and Carrion branches up earlier in the tree.

The Horens of the Fifth Empire were Johannians which would later diverge into Marna, Alstion, and de Joannes respectively.

The Horens of the Kingdom of Renatus after the Sixth Empire, Renatus Marna, and the Empire of Man were the Pertinaxi.

The first Duchy of Adria and the Adria proceeding the Republic of Ves should be noted as Sarkozic, a Carrion branch.

Novellen is a Sarkozic branch with Pertinaxi admixture.

Barbanov should similarly be branched from Carrion for the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

Here's a mockup of some of the changes. Black for Adria, red for Kaedrin, orange for Norland, green for Rubern. There's more I likely missed, but this is off the top of my head.
fix.thumb.png.5d7ce3e0612b2028966276a9eb83afbf.png

Right some of this is very good feedback, so thank you for that! As for various vassals of the Empire though such as the Duchy of Adria; if they were not independent, I did not add them, at least that's what I'm aiming for. Like every time you see Haense for instance, it was independent either because the Empire had fallen apart, they were fighting against the Emperor or they'd been granted independence from the Empire. I also tried to limit the colours to dynasties, not houses. The only reason Novellen and Alstion were added (and I should have added de Joannes, Alexa is right on that) is because the 'House of Horen' dynasty had been dissolved at that point.

the farfolk dynasties of faiz ibraheem and adam forgotten again in favor of highlander-heartlander patriarchy :doom::mald::vengence:

No one can doubt out of all the Orenian Empires, the 5th Empire was the strongest until the last 2 to 3 months.

Looking back like this really brings up memories, considering I have been a player for the majority of the realms listed. It's amazing how much player history can be shown in such a compact image, considering the depth and diversity, the actions and events that took place. +2 if I could, very nice.

As someone who has drifted in and out of human circles but was familiar with a lot of these or even had direct involvement in some, this helps clarify some of the connections between them haha thanks
also thanks to fishy for fixing some of the minute details