Blood and Faith

marikandaperc

Spoiler

This is the first post to a series about my persona's blindness! I'm not the best writer, so any polite feedback is accepted. All of this actually happened icly, so only people told/present would know!

Returned to her room, Ingrid reflected upon the past week.

It was most tiresome, with many disadventures. But some could say it was a common Redclyfian day, no different from their tea parties.

f876c27f78a65826a39752a3b06d1478.jpg

Kinslayer.” 

I decide if you live or not.” 

I am going to need a cane.”

Everyone let her down. Her brother was slain by the dishonorable Uruks, and now a child was left to rule. So she rested in her bed, blindness conquering her mind. She could not see, and neither could she cry. She wanted to burst out and let all the anger flow away, but she had no power or ability to. Her eyesockets were, at this time, completely empty. Her own kin had craved out the entirety of her eyes, leaving but a couple of hollow caves. Such was the Redclyfian way, and she accepted it.

What is this feeling?

I can see.

Ingrid’s vision was blurry at first, then slowly it progressed into a clearer sight. She could see.

By her bed stood her father, Kol Ragnarrsson Mosu. She rubbed her eyes, twisting her head to the side. It was really him, and she could see. A brilliant, blinding light shone from the window. A single raven sang from the rotting tree standing before the glass. What an odd mixture. The now awake woman went to stand, she touched her father and made sure he was physical. A squint, a blink, a hug. Then suddenly, that singing crow ceased. Her gaze was diverted to the window, and a howling laughter echoed through the room - loud enough to make the glass shake and tremble. When she looked back at her father, he was no more. Instead, a tall blonde figure had replaced him. The figure laughed at the poor girl, whose vision began to fade again. Her pupils darted up to his face to get one last look before fading back into darkness.

Adaranth.

Instantly did Ingrid back away, falling back onto the bed. The man continued to laugh, making fun of his victim. Was he pestering her sleep now? Her eyes were not enough of a steal. The woman crawled up on the bed, bringing her legs close to her chest and hugging herself tightly, she was alone now. 

The night went by with great turmoil, the troubled half-elf awakening in her bed filled with rage. Ironic how, despite the great emotions flowing through her entire being, she would carry on with her day. Life would continue to go on, she would serve her family, and she would not complain anymore, for she learned her lesson through punishment.

No. I cannot die.

With a red bandana around her visage, the woman began to sew and mold a crimson cloth, ready to be attached to the old set of plates she had found long ago. Her hand danced over the cloth, now turned into a fine cape for her blackened armor. 

Blood and Faith.