Chagrin d’Amour et Étoiles Filantes [PK]

Phoebe202

Chagrin d’Amour et Étoiles Filantes

1399080779_Art(1).thumb.jpg.f6b2009e654631791bbc1508683d3fe7.jpg

The Maiden

She was a fiery thing when she arrived in Petra, likened to a wildfire with her messy red curls and that temper inherited from the father she had never met. Her grudges seemed never ending and so were her questions in regards to the authority of her relatives over her. The sheltered upbringing Laetitia faced caused her to become somewhat uncouth and foul-mouthed, especially in regards to those she viewed as trying to force their authority over her.

Laetitia didn’t understand why her mother insisted on dragging her off to a place so cold and dreary. Only that she was finally being allowed to show her face in official, formal settings. This was a great change for the poor girl, and something she had never been allowed to do prior; for fear of her grandmother’s reaction upon learning of little Lottie’s existence. The bastard of a second daughter with the illegitimate son of her grandmother’s treacherous sister; her mere existence was scandalous enough to rend the heart of any woman.

And Laetitia proved to be no exception. 

During her time as Mistress of the Robes to the River Court, Laetitia had fallen head over heels for the illustrious Prince Marius of Haense, younger brother to the man who would later become
Georg I of Haense – the latter being none other than the man poor Lottie’s heart would ache for most in the final years of her life, a fact known to everyone who was anyone as she was almost constantly at his side; doting on and fawning over him. 

The Mother

Much like her heart, the state of Petra would become war-torn and weak in the aftermath of Renilde and Marius’s affair being leaked to the public. For many years Lottie traveled Almaris in an idle manner, no responsibilities  or desires aside from finding some… purpose for herself after her very world was torn asunder in the chaos of Petra. Peace and respite, that was what she wanted most.

She found it in the Morrivi Courts, and for a handful of years she was golden.

She was loved, admired… she felt whole again. There was a time when smiles and jokes were a common part of everyday conversation, no matter if it was with a stranger or her nearest and dearest.

The highlight of her life was undoubtedly at her debut, when she was named the first ever Swan of the Symposia Pragma.

But it would not last, much like the reputation of the woman once thought to be the loveliest of roses in the garden of her family. 

The Crone

Her father’s outright dislike for Laetitia came suddenly; it was one huff at the news he’d eloped without informing anyone and suddenly he was jumping at the chance to disown her and put an end to her “disrespect.” What’s more, he had taken to scolding her for being a “golddigger” every time they met, a fact that was by no means true. During the Symposia she had briefly courted a man of common status before he suddenly stopped attending the Symposia’s events… At which time another suitor made himself known, and she accepted him.

What’s worse with her situation at this time, the sudden deaths of Georg’s wife and daughter caused him to grow distant. Not that she was not sad at this news, but She had never met Georg’s wife and infamously had a rather sour relationship with Mariya. Laetitia grew worried, and sought solace from this familial and romantic strife with an uncle, Franz Sarkozic. He was supportive, warm, and paternal; everything she needed at the time–and everything she wanted out of a father figure. He prioritized her over his work, and was there to comfort her when she was upset. He always stood up to protect her, and offered her advice when she needed it most.

During a particularly heated conversation, Emir announced that he had ruined Georg and Laetitia’s relationship by gossiping with him about how 'wouldn’t she make such an awful wife and stepmother?'

This was Laetitia’s last straw, and she promptly announced that Emir was dead to her.

After storming out of Haute-Epine, Laetitia and Blanca promptly filed a lawsuit against Emir, which they were quickly intimidated into dropping as Emir formally disowned Blanca.

The rest of Laetitia’s life was one complicated, downward slope. Her heart continued to weaken from the stress of it all, leading to another family argument as Emir refused to treat her for a heart attack until Franz insisted he would have Emir charged for murder if she died.

She was well enough for a time, and her family soon decided enough was enough and arranged her marriage. She was to wed a man from the Roa family, who had established for themselves a Viscounty in Urguan.

The marriage was as brief as her first, secret marriage. The only difference being that this time Lottie was the one to make a widower of her groom.

Her heart was failing, slowly. She knew it. She would never live to watch her children grow up.

And so, she wrote.

[!]

A public statement would be released announcing the death of Laetitia de Roa, formerly Laetitia de Rosius d’Abbassia.

It is with great sorrow that the passing of Lady Laetitia Henrietta de Roa, Mistress of the Robes to the Morrivi Court, is announced by her next of kin. She passed on the 18th of Snow’s Maiden, 1923, of heart failure. We ask for you to be with her family at this time, and offer them your prayers.

[!]
In the days following the news of Laetitia’s death, letters would be sent out 

Eryane

Spoiler

Maman, I’m sorry. You deserve better than all this, really. Take care of Ae-Ra for me, oui? And let her stay at my house if she wants; even if I want her to stay with you and Franz in Balian she deserves that much, at least. I’ll leave Franz all my liquid assets so he can continue to pay the taxes on it until she’s an adult.

Love you, Maman.

Franz

Spoiler

Franz, you were the father I never had and I’d like to thank you for that. You were there to care for me when Emir wasn’t, and you never complained about it. My referring to you as “Papa” when I had my heart attack was no accident.

I’ve been secretly married twice now, and I have a daughter from my first marriage. I’d like for you and ma mere to continue caring for her, so I’m leaving you the responsibility of caring for my finances and mansion until she’s an adult. I imagine she’ll probably stay in Balian, though. The second you may ask Blanca about, as she arranged it.

I’m sorry I wasn’t a better niece. Love you.

Renilde

Spoiler

Renilde, I’m sorry for everything. I’d have liked to make amends with you, but… I never had the time, clearly. I hope you are happy, and please don’t let the rest of the world portray me as crazy or blinded by love, you know me too well to believe those rumors.

Emma, Mariana & Blanca

Spoiler

My dear sisters… I haven’t seen two of you since the Petran Civil War, and I am sorry. I hope you’re well. Thank you for being the best sisters I could have ever asked for. Love you.

Emir

Spoiler

To say you were ever a good father would be a lie. Thank you for legitimizing me, at the very least. Learn to understand the perspectives of others more and maybe what happened with Blanca and I will never happen again. You can’t force acceptance of a major life decision on someone, you know, and trust must be earned and not forced.

Georg

Spoiler

I truly thought you were the one. Desole that I wasn’t good enough for you; I guess you should find comfort in the fact that this won’t cause drama in your second marriage, but if you treat your new wife the way you treated me, I see now why Esfir and Mariya abandoned you. Je t’aime, all the same. Do not treat your loved ones as if they are disposable, like you have to me. Au Revoir, Georg. To know you has been to suffer heartbreak.

The Roas

Spoiler

We all knew this was coming… I am sorry I didn’t have time to get to know my new family. You are all wonderful people, and I love you. Thank you for the kindness you have shown me, even if our time together was brief. And to my children, I am sorry I was not there to raise you and watch you grow up. Know that you are loved beyond words and you have a bright future ahead of you.

OOC stuff

Spoiler

Laetitia was truly a chaotic character to play, and the time has come for me to move on. Thank you to Aehmi and Exogens for giving me the opportunity to play her, no matter how dramatic the family rp became in the end lol.

Thank you to Tilly, Eddywilson2 and Da_Emperors for giving me the opportunity to start my court rp journey, and to SarahBarah and Gusanoarentonio for allowing me to continue it in Haense. Shoutout to Blah26 and Annabanana1014 for sticking with me throughout it all.

Thank you to the rest of de Rosius (Matti, Ncarr, Rep2k, and everyone else whose names I’m forgetting) for sticking with me for what will probably be my last Rosius character. We’ve had a wild ride together, but the drama becomes draining at a certain point. I love y’all, but it’s time for me to move on. Thanks to the Roas too for accepting me into the fam on such short notice, and for being so great to me.

As for where I’ll go now, who knows. I’m taking a break at the least. When I come back I’ll be helping with Mageocracy stuff. Beyond that idk

Until then, my dms are always open and I'll stick around in all the lotc discords I’m in.

Cya y’all

Far away, a step sister cried. Between a sob and a sniffle, she would soon enough learn to not feel hatred anymore.

“My friend,” murmured the Archduchess in something of sorrowful defeat. The last Renilde had heard, Laetitia had been thriving in her life apart from the Commonwealth, both in Balian and Haense. 

With a hand cupped over her mouth and tears running down her cheeks, Renilde read the letter designated for herself, making a silent vow to uphold her deceased friend’s wishes. No one would talk ill of Laetitia - not in the Archduchess’s presence, anyway. 

Hours after having received the news, and over a mulled cider, Renilde contemplated how she might honor Laetitia’s memory after her sudden passing. She pulled out the letter from her erstwhile friend and scanned it again, tears still flowing but more so in mourning than from the shock of unanticipated loss. 

“Oh, sassy girl…” She chuckled to herself amid her sniffles and emotions. “You will not be forgotten, I will make certain of that.”

Spoiler

Phoebe, it has been a pleasure to have you around, and the RP we did between Renilde and Laetitia will always be one of my faves. Even though our characters had a hectic relationship, I appreciate that we could still be buddies OOC and laugh about what went on. I had a lot of fun with you, and I know it won’t be the last I see of you obviously!!!!

See you in the petracord :)

The Knight-Errant received the news of Laetitia's parting with a heavy heart. Having known her since the earliest days of his adolescence, Albéric remembered the woman as a kind and selfless figure, always keen to make people happy. She would be terribly missed...

"Farewell, dear friend. Give my regards to my father and may peace be with you."

Somewhere in the heartlands, a Bailiff frowned. “I made the right choice, I’m sure of it.” He quietly muttered to himself..

Emir would take hold of his letter as it was sent to his desk full of piles of letters. He scanned through it with his eyes as he observed every word. He did not speak, he frowned as he spoke "Clearly I was not a good father. I have not raised you or your sister well. However, I do not regret anything except the fact that things could've gone better. Rest well, my daughter..." He muttered with a weary sigh as he lit another candle, next to the King of Aaun's

Anne von Leopold gave a deep sigh as she heard the news "Hope Blanca is alright, last I saw her she was well..." Shakes her head lightly "My prayers are with her" she then walked off