THE ORDER OF THE BLACK BEAR

JoanOfArc

ADP-6oHMv38SIAvWUZbhdIM9wMduw-SyB7aCA4_s

Pure evil 2 Regular

Dedicated to St. Arpad of Vilacz, our patron and protector

ADP-6oEONobSpzlzLbga815lnzQMHTcav5KgzHTv

“Do not let your heart falter, my kin, for we have already experienced the throes of death. Yet, from the ashes of our demise, we have emerged as Angels of Death, unseen and undetected in the darkness.”

- Ser John Reyne

W5lfv.png

☠︎

Amidst the tumultuous landscape of the modern era, there exists an order of knights that stands apart from the rest - the Order of the Black Bear. Unlike many of their brethren, this fellowship of warriors did not arise from a shared devotion to a divine being for the Bears (although some of its members still cling steadfastly to the Almighty Lord), but rather from a deep-seated love for a singular ideal - the unwavering supremacy of the Prince's rule.

Within the ranks of the Order of the Black Bear, the ethos of nationalism reigns supreme. Every knight in the order pledges an unbreakable oath to the Crown of Adria, vowing to devote their very lives to the defense of his realm and the preservation of his power. It is a solemn commitment, one that requires not only courage and strength, but also a profound sense of loyalty to the Prince and his vision for the realm.

In the eyes of the knights of the Black Bear, the rule of the Prince is an absolute truth, a cornerstone upon which the very fabric of the realm rests. They see it as their sacred duty to ensure that this truth endures, to fight against any who would challenge it, and to uphold the will of the Crown of Adria in all things. It is a noble cause, one that demands great sacrifice and unwavering dedication, and the knights of the Black Bear are prepared to meet the challenge with honor and valor.

The Order of the Black Bear has not one but two crucial roles to play in the affairs of the realm. On the one hand, they serve as tireless agents, delving deep into the dark underbelly of the realm to root out and eradicate any and all villainous enemies of the State. Whether it be traitors, spies, or dangerous outlaws, the knights of the Black Bear are unrelenting in their pursuit of justice and the protection of the realm's citizens.

But that is not all. For those who have proven themselves to be the bravest and most dedicated of knights, a higher calling awaits. They are chosen to join the ranks of the Bear Brigade, a select group of knights whose sole mission is to protect the Crown of Adria, to stand as his shield against any and all threats that may seek to harm him or his realm. It is a noble and prestigious position, one that demands the utmost in loyalty, skill, and valor.

For the regular knights of the Black Bear, the path to Bear Knight is a long and arduous one, marked by many great feats of bravery and daring. Only the most elite and accomplished of knights are deemed worthy of this great honor, and when they are, they stand ready to serve as the Crown of Adria's own kingsguard, sworn to protect him with their very lives

☠︎

W5lfv.png

☠︎

ADP-6oG7BAKakcm_jirGQEcMIv2Dd0aC1bR-l69q

Ser Lorenz Gavaudin, FA 1922.

The creation of this oath was the work of Lorenz Gavaudin collecting everything required of a Bear. Never officially named, though colloquially called ‘the Bear’s Triumph”, Lorenz’s aim, influenced by Dame Éowyn Nullivari-Ibarellan, for the oath was to ensure that loyalty to the realm was never in question and that the order remained steadfast in its duty to protect Crown of Adria and the Duma of Adria.

[The Bear’s Triumph]

I pledge my sword, my life, and my loyalty to the Crown of Adria and the Duma. I swear to uphold the unbreakable authority of the Prince's rule, to seek out and destroy any and all enemies of the Duma, and to protect the interests of the realm and its people.

I shall be an instrument of justice, a protector of the weak and the oppressed, and a ruthless defender of the realm. I shall pursue my duties with unwavering commitment and a firm hand, never shying away from the hard decisions or the harsh actions that may be necessary to ensure the survival of the Duma.

I shall hold myself to the highest standards of loyalty and discipline, treating all with respect and caution, even those who may pose a threat to the realm. I shall never betray the trust of my superiors or the interests of the Duma, and I shall face any and all challenges with unwavering courage and unbreakable resolve.

I shall strive always to be worthy of the title of knight, to embody the virtues of obedience, loyalty, and strength, and to inspire others by my example. And in all things, I shall serve the Crown of Adria and the Duma with unwavering dedication, even if it means sacrificing my own life or ideals for the greater good.

So I swear, by my sword, my loyalty, and my unwavering commitment to the Duma, to be a true and faithful knight of the Order of the Black Bear. May our enemies tremble before us, and may the Duma endure forevermore.

☠︎

W5lfv.png

☠︎

ADP-6oHQoLocfkw_vy0HyYcpoDTPSMqJIZo_pjh2

‘A Gallant Ride’ drawn by Ser Justinian Basrid, Count of Susa

In addition to a knightly oath, there was also a code that was made by Ser Justinian Basrid appropriately called, the Code of Justinian. The Code of Justinian is a powerful symbol of the order's unwavering dedication, and it bound each member to their duty as knights and agents of the state. For the Order of the Black Bear, there was no greater honor than to serve Adria and its rulers, and they would stop at nothing to defend it against any and all threats.

[An excerpt of the Code of Justinian]

To always serve and protect the State, even at the cost of personal comfort or morality.

To put loyalty to the Crown of Adria and Duma above personal interests and ambitions.

To exhibit strength, courage, and cunning in the pursuit of the State's enemies.

To avoid using deceit or underhanded methods, but to be willing to do what is necessary to achieve the State's goals.

To show mercy and compassion when possible, but to be willing to make difficult decisions and sacrifices for the greater good.

To defend the weak and vulnerable, but to not let sentimentality interfere with the mission.

To always act with honor and integrity, even in the face of adversity or temptation.

To give generously to the State and its people, but to also ensure personal wealth and power.

To strive for excellence in all things, including combat, diplomacy, and governance.

To constantly seek self-improvement and education, in order to better serve the State and its people.

☠︎

W5lfv.png

ADP-6oFYQ-EAaj6Qj3D7hSfTwu8_CkbGBfvVWreU

☠︎ “FOR THE DUKE, MY SWORD. FOR THE DUMA, MY HEART. FOR THE GOD OF MAN, MY SOUL” ☠︎

✠ Grand Knight

Ser John Reyne

✠ Bear Knights:
Ser Lorenz Gavaudin

Ser Valentin van Aert

Ser Reinolt von Draco

Ser Archie Mareno

✠ Black Knights:
Ser Justinian Basrid

Ser Julian van Aert

Ser William Payne

Dame Helena von Draco

W5lfv.png

Ser John Reyne, Grand Knight of the Order of the Black Bear

Ser Lorenz Gavaudin, Bear Knight of the Order of the Black Bear

Ser Justinian Basrid, Black Knight of the Order of the Black Bear, Count of Susa

John II, Duke of Adria, Count of Veletzia, Count of Varoche

Nadine Reyne looks fondly over the work of her husband, John Reyne, hoping some day she could be a part of such a prestigious order. 

"How do I sign up." Says Peter Montalt.

Lorenz knelt before the Temple of Saint Nafis in the restored lands of the former Heartland capital. He whispered a prayer and traced the Cross of Lorraine in the air.