PARADISE LOST [POV] [PK]

Spoiler

Can't believe he is finally dead.. RIP

Some music for your time

Verónica had just seen Felix before the battle.. At Haus’s wedding, she didn’t say anything to him as he was over by Audo. She did flash him a smile as the boat racing started.. But went back into the city as soon as it was over without another word... GODAN only knew how she regretted it now.

Once the household was quiet, Verónica made her way to Felix’s bedroom. Gingerly opened the door, and made her way over to his nightstand to pull a box of cigarettes out. She pulled out two, placed the box back, and left. Her footsteps were soft as she made her way up the keep, onto the roof, and took a seat on one of the sloped peeks. Placing down an ashtray “Felix?..” she said to the clear, night sky. “Ea hope tu went out peacefully, y that tu end was quick.. Niet painful” She withdrew her lighter from her pocket. Lighting both cigarettes, placing one on the tray for the man that wasn’t next to her “Ea wish, tu y Ea could have spoken before GODAN called tu back to the seven skies. Ea had questions, that Ea won’t get the answers to till Ea auwn day join tu.” She took a drag of her cig “Tu children are going to miss tu. Yam going to miss tu as well… Tu already know that though. Don’t tu” she chuckled to herself sadly, twirling the tobacco tube in her gloved fingers. It was finally setting in that the mighty white lion had been slain “Tu y Audo missed the ceremony. Haus looked so happy, he dip-kissed his bride y everything. Really shew those elves up-” she sniffled “Would have done tu proud” she leaned her head back, looking up to the stars above, searching them for an answer as the cigarette lit for Felix in the ashtray went out. Her body started to shake slightly as tears welled in her eyes “Why did he have to take tu now?” The Hyspian woman took a deep breath as she ended up sharing her thoughts with the wind. Smoking her cig till it almost burnt her fingers. “Alright.. That’s it for me.. Ea should head in Verónica left the tray, mostly in-tact smoke, and the lighter on the roof as she made her way carefully back down with puffy eyes… Looking back up to her spot she said “Va Ve Maan” closing the window

Via Weiss felt her mind go blank. Shock, perhaps, when she heard of her fathers death. And then it was no longer blank. Thoughts raged across her mind, skipping from one to the next.

If she was there, could she have saved him? Why, why did she think she could take the day off? 

Each thought came faster then the last, more intense, devouring and something felt stuck in her throat. A lump swelled, and she tried to swallow, shoulders shaking with grief and rage alike. Her father is gone. She'd never get to give him the cane she so proudly made him. To show him her Verevka belt, making her officially engaged to the man she loves. Never.

It was all too much.

A gauntleted fist raised, cracking against the helmet of the house guard, Demitrey who told her. Who told hours later and kept it from her as she worked tirelessly as a medic.

"Vy did neit think to tell mea that mea Papej ist dead?!"

Audo Weiss sat back in his throne, peering out - alone - at the entrance hall decorated with the victories and losses of the Weiss. A distant stare then met the far door, before sliding the opened bottle of Carrion Black he held. Though still dirtied with his father's blood, after he moved the body to the Novkursain morgue he simply sat and he drank. 

Kneeling by him in the Fenn as the battle was lost Va ve Maan was the best he could send him off with - a mutter, a whisper for only his father. Generic, perhaps, but he knew Felix would like it. Yet, even though he had already been the viscount and patriarch for a number of years he could never say he was ready for his father to truely be gone.

There were things he wished to resolve with his father. Times had not always been smooth, and in recent ones it had finally started to feel like they could understand eachother - or, at least, Audo believe he could finally come to terms with the things that has happened between them. Even still, things could have been left off better.

But perhaps Felix would like how things had turned out. 

They fought together in the end.

His jaw clenched, and he raised the Carrion Black to his lips as he was met with a familiar taste: an old friend.

Anastasia Colborn layed in her bed in the town house of karosgrad she lived in, deathly sick. once she heard of the news that her beloved brother had past to the seven skies, she broke down. the man who has walked her down the isle at her wedding.. at first she thought it was all a dream. to think her beloved brother was taken from his family too soon.. pained her more then she has felt before. "vy have had a dobre run borsa... taken too soon, atleast vy get a break from this retched world full of demonic beings.." she said but alas she knew there was not much she could do in her condition for the time being. all she could do and did do.. was sleep, grieving the loss of her remaining sibling.

Edited by Lmcfc

The 16 year-old Baldrum Colborn would stand in front of Felix Weiss, a warhammer in hand... Clang  sound of metal hitting against each other echoed in the Brotherhood's yard. He did it, he managed to give Felix a good hit, and so he became an Hussar.

Baldrum Colborn glanced up the aisle, his future wife accompanied by none other then Felix Weiss. "Faen hell, I wanted eym to be mik best man instead" 

Battle after battle, risky investigations as Palatial Guards, the thorny path of blood they walked together. But Felix always prevailed. The first fight on the Inferi, the attack on their camps, the siege of Haense, the attack against the Mori'Quessir, and many, many more battles they spent together. 

Now Ser Baldrum Colborn would sit alone at the room, half empty bottle of Carrion to his side. "Eym loved Carrion so much, am I right eym old man?" He asked the thin air in front of him, he could've swear that Felix stood there in front of him, wearing his much loved Hussar Armor. The glass was put down, the Knight chuckled "Many friends, comrades have I lost during my path. Mik older brodir, mik mentor, eym truly made a name to eymrself." 

The memories flood him, when they both were young, riding to fights with their battle scream "Ahh, the youth, so refreshing. Am I right, Felix?" The empty room did not respond, so he poured yet another glass, smilinga geniunely over the imaginary Felix Weiss that sits in front of him, with the same stegaze of a soldier, sharp political mind and passion to fight for the Kingdom. "Many friends to arms have I lost. Such a fool... I have thought mikself to have grown cold. I guess I really am Ser Boredrum" he said with a chuckle, chugging the glass of Carrion. The battle is already empty by now, and he is left alone with his thoughts "Such a fool... Who knew losing eym would hurt so much, old man." a single tear started to roll down his cheek.

Then another.

Then another.

A woman of scyfling blood stood within the comfort of her home, visage taut. "What a fulfilling life to have lived, Felix Weiss. We all must go eventually- though some in more impactful ways than others. I hope you do not feel pain, for not being there longer. Your dottir shall be well, she will nejt suffer alone. For she has both Weiss and Colborn now. Carolus will care for Sierra, we know this well." A tall glass of goat milk was filled then, downed in a hefty swig in honor of that fallen warrior. 

Spoiler

A Blonde Doctor continued to work in the Hospital of St. Aymas, word of his Father's Death not having reached the busy man for some time. The screams of the wounded and the stench of Tippen's Root, Death, and Blood filled the air - but he continued to work regardless, directing treatment and getting his own hands bloodied as he did his damnedest to keep his patients alive. He was mostly successful - the burned corpse of  Anatoliy Godunov lingered in his mind, as one of the first patient's of the evening slipped away in the chaos.

After what felt like hours upon hours of never-ending wounded flowing into the hospital, the last patient was treated, given a few words of caution to promote good healing habits, and sent home to their family. Haus found himself a bit jealous - even with such a brutal day of handling patients, his work was not yet done - reports had to be filed, Autopsies had to be performed, and the bedsheets and tile floor had to be scrubbed clean. As his luck would unfortunately have, someone else would be doing this work.

Sometime later that same evening - it was hard to tell how long it had been, since the sky over Karsograd had darkened unnaturally. Not like Haus cared, as he stared at the still-armor wearing corpse of his Father, Felix Weiss, lying on a slab of ice in the morgue on Novkursain. With an experienced focus and an unsteady hand, he documented down the injuries on his Father before he stepped out of the icy-cold morgue. Once he had his notes he turned, making the long trek and carriage ride back to Karsograd - after all, "My Papej would want me to grieve after the work had been done,

no?" Pondered the Blonde Weiss.

Once more, it was not so. With the timely intervention of his friends, Fabian and Amaya, along with his Judicial Ward Emigliana, - and of course that wonderful tea Fabian always made - Haus was forced away from his work, and towards the thoughts he so desperately tried to escape. Not everyone had the fortune and luxury to escape into a bottle of Alcohol, or a cigar.

His mind cast back to his wedding, a few days earlier - how he had the best day of his life, only to find his Father and Brother not there. He recalled how the realization had brought him to ugly tears, at his own wedding. He remembered how many times in his life he would tear at the precious hair on his head at how distraught his father could make him with what a younger Haus could not understand, how he wished upon every sky in the night sky he so frequently was left alone with for a way to meet the demands on his family - how he pleaded with whatever above would listen when he had to sleep when he could no longer keep himself awake that he would not be cast back to that abysmal, barren wasteland - where the wind howled and he never felt alone, where he restlessly waited for those beating wings to return, and that misshaped thing to consume. 

And there, did it dawn on the Blonde Weiss~! The lesson his father had imparted on him, the trait that had served him through his most desperate days - the will to keep going. Haus remembered how his Father had raised their family from simple commoners to Barony, and then again to Viscounty. He recalled how his Father had risen from a Royal Captain to the Lord Marshal - then again, to the Lord Speaker! Throughout it all, Felix Weiss had held an indomitable spirit - always pushing forward, conquering his enemies as he seized whatever goal he had set, for his Kingdom and his Family. For a moment, it even gave Haus pause - he wondered if his father was truly dead, or simply waiting for the right moment to spring back up, and slay the enemies who dared dream they had bested a Weiss - but for only a moment.

After many more tears had been shed, a significantly more exhausted Haus trudged his way back into the morgue of Novkursain, back into that icy room that stung his skin and assaulted his senses. He thought back to the last full conversation he had with his father - the understanding he had made, the responsibility that he had placed on his shoulder that did not feel heavy, but instead uplifting - as if he had finally been shown to his raison d'être. With that, Haus spoke - praying that his Father, wherever he may be, could hear.

As he spoke, a small thought crossed his mind - he had never told his Father what he had been up to, of recent. He wondered if his Father would hate him for his choices, or simply smile instead, knowing his Son was on the cusp of achieving what he was capable of all along. So he continued to speak in that bitter-cold morgue.

As he turned to leave, the Blonde Weiss paused. He had said all he had intended to say, but one last thing came to mind. It felt absurd - a phrase he repeated because his Family held it, never quite holding any particular weight to Haus.

No longer. He understood now what it meant.

"Va Ve Maan, Papej."  He murmured softly, as he pulled the door to the morgue closed gently.

Spoiler

I might've gotten a bit carried away. Regardless,

Felix Weiss was a wonderful character to interact with and experience, and I can't express my gratitude to you for bringing me onto the server to play one of his sons. Thank you very much, Seth - looking forward to the shenanigans Walter gets up to!

Onon might have not witnessed it, but he did seen the body being moved... well at least that much they manadged to recover he though to himself. Yet another human passing on which he knew he tryed to tell himself. But dame, he did REALLY like that one even if he wouldnt stick around as long as he would have wished anyways, he was a good man and his friend and losing those, quicker then its... needed. Always hurts. Felix really didnt deserve to go that quickly, but hey he built something great and for the love of the aspects the elf WOULD make sure that what he acomplished lasts as long as he may ensure it... For now though, he had more pending matters. A'lia had to take care of his wounds after all... even if they couldnt go to the clinic with how dame crowded it was after that day. Besides dame, he HAD to keep in fighting shape and on alert. Just the fact they got back didnt mean the threat was over after all...
But dame will he not hesetate to raise a couple of glasses of Carion black for his fallen Boss, Comrad, and most importantly a friend that had departed this world.
Now, may Felix rest in the seven skys or where the **** he is. Regardless, it couldn't be a bad place.

Somewhere, in lands far to the north - condensation hit Sangilak's hands. Knelt before a recently raised wooden totem of a lion, the enormous man closed his eyes. The harsh bite of the arctic wastes threatened to do away with the man, clad indecently for such conditions, yet he persisted - in prayer. Hands folded together, he uttered his sermon in desolate wilderness.

"Ancestors, let me tell you the story of one who they called Felix Weiss, my Lord Boss Sir."

Once word reached Laurelie de Pelear she made her way to the church and prayed after signing the Lorraine cross. "Felix if you can hear me, thank you for helping me raise my youngest, Veronica. As much as I miss her father you where more of one to her then he was..... I hope you are at peace and that your family will be able to find comfort in that. I will do my best to be there by Maria's side while also trying to be their for my own family. I shall try my best to  honor the blood pack made with our family, even in my now failing health. Thank you for the joy you've brought into so many people's lives. Amen.." the old woman then used her cane to try to help her up out of her seat. Her bones cracked as she started to walk out of the building.

Heinrich von Alstreim paid his respects to all fallen in this fight including Felix "We have fought bravely. Sadly not all of us made it back..." He said with a sorrowful sigh

Many things had startled Euleriphis during this siege. He had felt shivers as a Mori Officer smiled to him, and let him go. But most of all, he felt shivers of an unknown kind. One that became known as he entered Haense and heard the knews. Frost-bitten, and exhausted, he could do nothing but move to the clinic for his treatment. He felt his heart dampen with the news.

For the first time in four decades, the elf could actually feel the cold of the North.

"We will see each other again, one day, Borsa.."

R

[!] From somewhere far away an aging lady sat attending to business as a maid rushed in with word of haense conditions. The once brunette now grey with dark blue eyes and a soft smile looked to the letter her face falling. "Ea voted for him once." The former Baroness-Consort stated as a sigh eased from her lips as she shook her head "Perhapse he will see mea babejs and they will know all is well thanks to men like him." Maeve closed her eyes sending a prayer to those she'd left behind in her retirement.