PARADISE LOST [POV] [PK]

"I'm dying, Wright."

Wright looked up from his drink, which Felix had pressured him into partaking. He remained silent for a long time before saying, "I see." A laugh came from Felix then, and the pair continued to chat. Though all the while, Wright was uneasy, and grew distant all the while. Death was always a thing he did not like to linger on. Though eventually the day came, and when it did, he was quiet and reserved as per usual, skulking about the halls of the palace. His tasks and duties took him past the fellow servants of the King, where he felt sunlight bleed through the slits of his mask. With a hand held over his head, he'd continue out onto the balcony and think on many things. Though inevitably his thoughts always went back to that young farmer he met on that fateful day. An ordinary, shy young man. How he grew, he thought to himself. For many, they could say that they will be catching up to him. That they'd see him again, one day. Though for Wright, that day would most likely never come.

So he merely watched the people go by. As he had promised.

Karl III awaited his friend in a tavern in the great beyond, where Carrion Black overflowed from their tankards and never seemed to run out. They’d be swapping war stories in the seven skies soon enough.

Walter Weiss quietly played with his toys in his room. However, the feeling of grief in the keep was heavy. His young, childish mind couldn't quite wrap his head around it, however. So he kept to himself, hoping that with the morning perhaps would come answers.

He looked to his fingerpaints of men riding off to battle on horseback, and he thought of what his future would be. He wanted to be a Hussar.

Sebastian Bishop heard the news before slamming a fist on his desk. "It is the end of an era, Felix! And we were supposed to go out together!" Sebastian roared out as one of his Animii eyes cracked.

The Grand Prince of Kusoraev - better known to Felix as simply Aleksandr - lit a candle in his room in memory of the fallen Lord, the fallen Marshal, and fallen friend.

A gifted coin now traveled in the pocket of that Prince. For every day, every month, every year thereafter. It served as constant reminder of victory in sacrifice, a lesson Felix Weiss imparted into him, and a lesson he would forget not.

“Rest from duty is received at death, so rest now Lord Weiss, for your service to this great nation was plenty. Ve va Maan.”

A'lia was talking to onon afther she had treated his wounds. She was sad. Even if she didnt talk to Felix much, she liked him. During the talk she said " I am going to miss him. He was my favorite weiss..."

Spoiler

What I listened to while writing this! 

Alternative Text | Digital Accessibility at Princeton

A quiet knock sounded upon the Lady Sierra Weiss's door. She sickly breathed out a cough and sat up, her brown hues fluttering open. "Come on en!" With such a servant walked in, eyes full of dread and hands clutching a shaky letter. Sierra had missed the battle, she had fallen sick from training as her body was never strong enough for the fighting she wished to accomplish. Having spotted the servants grim expression that lady shifted out of bed with a soft cough and stumbled over. "What es et? Vy look upset.." She breathed out and gently rested a hand on the servants shoulder. 

"My lady.. vyr papej."

Nothing more was needed to be said, Sierra felt her heart freeze and her blood run cold. She stumbled a soft step back, her brows knitting and her lips parting in shock. "Nie.." She echoed out and her hands jolted to cover her mouth, face pale from the pure shock. She ran her head to the last time she had talked to her father, they had talked about having him try an ice bath to help his muscles stay strong. He kept his promise to stop drinking for her, and he let her take care of him, he listened. He was there not too long ago and then he wasn't.. he was gone. 

"He was.. he was supposed to walk mea down ve aisle.. he was getting better!" She chirped out to the servant who just stared upon her with pity. "My lady.." They offered before gently hugging her and shifting out of the room. The second the door shut that poor Weiss shifted over and clicked the lock shut, trapping herself inside her room. 

Sierra Weiss kept herself shut away in her room, thinking of everything she had wanted to do. She stumbled to her desk and began to write and draw, trying to distract herself from the pain. It was then she remembered so many beautiful things her father had told her, and only her. She remembered the time he told her how lonely he was, and she promised she'd always be there for him.. and then she remembered his words to her when she had been hurt by a friend..

"Those who wish to keep vy from vyr family, are niet friends worth keeping. Remember that."

"Vy are my blood, princes...and ea love vy, with all of ea heart. As does vyr family."

"Remember this day, who came for vy, and who cast vy out."

His words always meant something to her, but she never forgot those words, or the story of how she was named after such a beautiful place.. a place called Sierra. And how her papej wished to take her to see it one day. Perhaps he was there waiting for her now? Such an idea brought that poor girl to tears once more and she wailed and wailed endlessly, trapping herself in her room and barely eating. Refusing any comfort that was offered at her door, by her Sestra Veronica or any other. She couldn't handle the pain in her chest. Not yet.

IMG_0479.png

In her fit of tears she pulled out an art piece she had drawn with her papej when she was little, one of his eyeball with Sierra in it. With her and him sitting together, happy. She smiled shakily upon it and hugged such an old drawing to her chest and uttered words she wished she could speak to him. 

"Papej.. vy did enough. Ve all have grown so well ve all have purposes, because vy guided us. Vy were niet ve perfect papej..but vy were ve best papej ea could ever ask for. When ve day comes that ea eventually die.. ea want nothing more than to meet vy at ve entrance to Sierra.. until then ea'll live en be strong for vy. Spasibo for everything.. ea love vy."

Spoiler

Felix Weiss was one of the greatest characters I have ever seen on this server. I've never had such great roleplay with a father on any children I played in the past. Thank you so much Seth for making such a memorable character ;-; He will be missed. Ve va Maan.