A Dance with Death {PK}

There was a promise made tonight, and a promise broken. 

Hours did the Godunov duo spend in the harsh snowy climates of Fenn, a sister clinging to her brother's side. Drowsiness had hit her already, the frostbite nibbling away, yet she still tried talking - Anatoliy's voice a comfort to her pain. He sounded like a lullaby, something that should lull her to sleep with his song. Yet, she insisted on staying awake. Stay alive, he had said. He had urged her to, so badly, wrapping his own cloak around her for warm. The chaos of battle sieged on behind the wall as they both stayed there for what felt like hours, the cold seeping in.

Alyona had told him she had loved him in those moments, and it still rang true. So true in fact, that his last day they had spent not at each other's throats but rather, in the comfort of one another. She remembered the way his hands felt in her own, and she compared it to when they were five - the same hands smaller, dragging each other through Verskayan fields in fits of laughter. The Pirate and the Bird. God, she had wanted to protect him so badly; her father had told her to. Yet, here he was, protecting her. And here she was now, without him. The world felt so cold. There was no erasing it this time. The last, he had gotten away with his limbs, escaping death. The last, she had cried plentiful. A baby, he had called her for it over and over again. Was she a baby now to him? Alyona would never know.

A part of her for a long time after his death longed for him. Violent fits in the night had her screaming Anatoliy's name for everyone to hear in the corridors of Verskaya. Nightmares - his scorched flesh had burnt an image in her mind. The darkness was unbearable. Nothing would be the same again, nothing in comparison to the times before. Only a faint flutter of a heartbeat reminded of the Godunov, who never truly recovered from her injuries, deep down.

Spoiler

There are no words to truly describe how much you meant to me, Matt, in being apart of my LoTC journey. You're one of the first people who truly believed me in Haense - truly got to know me. I know we already play siblings on other personas (we still have Anne and Adrian, haha!) yet the deepness we truly had with Alyona and Anatoliy is something I can possibly never experience again with anyone else.

Thank you for just sticking it out with me through all of it, I love you. I'm looking forward to future plans we make on here. (-:

What is Honor to you, Anatoliy?

What is Loyalty to you, Anatoliy?

What is Chivalry to you, Anatoliy?

Ser Baldrum Colborn's Squire is gone, and with this the potential he saw in the young man, the unpolished gem. The enemy he had yet to conquer, was himself.

He'd not forget Alyona's words to him. "Did I really do enough for eym, Anatoliy?" a grim reminder of his failure to nurture the eager man - the warrior, into the Knight he had always dreamt to be "Are eym in the Seven Skies right now, Anatoliy?" he clenched his fists "Then watch us finishing what eym fought and sacrificed eymr life for. Watch us defend our home - and triumph."

Fabian Kortrevich, face soaked with silent tears as he sat on a Karosgrad stoop, lofted a Carrion to the cold, night sky. He'd not always gotten along with Anatoliy Godunov; but he counted the fellow man as one of his friends of youth, and now stared at a swollen moon as he wondered how else it might have gone in the North for poor, brave Anatoliy.

Amaya Milena found little solace in her Carrion Black that eve.

[R]

"C'Mon Battle Buddy!"  

Those words echoes in the Princess's ears within the barrowlands... 

Her core felt hollow in this moment...

She found an unexpected kindred spirit in Anatoliy and considered him a friend even if they were minor encounters. 

Though, the promise rung in her ears as her hands fumbled for the whiskey bottle.. A shot poured. Though not for her.. It was placed next to a candle along with other trinkets... 

To those who had fallen from the Mori.

She sat across from the shot, drinking a glass of wine as she fulfilled the promise of having a drink with Anatoliy. 

Briar added another name unto her list as tears dotted the paper

Malcolm Gant wasn't sure how to take the news. Him and Anatoliy butted heads all the time, one calling the other stupid and the other throwing a fit over it. One would be relieved they wouldn't have to deal with something like this again, but Malcolm felt it was a piece of him that had been ripped out of him. He quietly mourned the death of an honourable Haeseni squire, and a brother.

"Ah am sorreh.. Ah am sorreh.."

Malcolm chanted over and over quietly to himself while trying to take care of Alyona. He then went quiet. Nothing but a frown on his lips from there.

Godric would be smoking a pipe as one of his scouts would deliver the news of Godunov. "I shall ride to meet with his sister, that house has provided me with a job once and respect many times I have visted the Kingdom of Haense. A truly sorrow time that they face now." 

Via Weiss hadn't time to mourn her comrade. To pause. To stop.

The clinic was teeming with people. Every last inch was covered with the dead and the dying, their cries, screams, moans filling the copper scented air, reeking of blood, sweat and desperation.

And so she didn't have time to stop as the body of her comrade lay limp, dead, within one of the all too full clinic beds.

She worked and tended to the wounded.

She'd see him soon. Via knew that well enough.

Heinrich von Alstreim felt sick, his stomach started to make him feel nauseous as he got to know of Anatoliy's fate "We fought shoulder to shoulder for a moment at the very end when your horse died" The Prince shook his head "I have saved one Godunov that night, shame I couldn't save the other, even though I tried." He said to the empty halls of Corwinsburg as sudden sadness gripped him and his calls from that night at the clinic resounded in his head - Did someone see Lord Godunov? Is he alright? - calls with no answer...

Ileana Kortrevich was still recovering from her injuries after the siege. Somehow she had escaped death, she had been lucky. But all she could think of was the fallen comrades. Anatoliy and her had always had their problems with one another. So why did she feel so guilty and saddened over his death? Perhaps it was because deep under their beef, she cared for him and wished him well. Hoping that he would stop being such a problematic man and become someone great. And he did, but it cost him his life. And so she mourned for the man she had wanted to befriend for so many years, but was too stuborn to allow herself to let the past be the past.

"Godani bless vy, Anatoliy" she whispered.

"When were older!" 

The memory replayed in the Princess royals vision. The first time she had met Anatoily Godunov, and how he showed her around his ancestoral home. She sighed as she opened her bottle of wine, already in her mourning attire as her grandfather had not even been gone a year.

When they were older...

When they were older, Adeline, Anatoily and Mariya plan to finally explore the Witches hut that lingered on that cliffside. By then they would all be successful and brave enough to enter that crones doorway.

Though when she grew older, Adeline was all that remained. Sitting on that cliffside drinking her wine...Alone

A certain Adunian put a hand over his mouth, uttering a sardonic "Yawn..."