[PK] One last meow.

marikandaperc

“Mommy? Why is Daddy punching the iron?”

“Melly dear, he is infusing a soul into the iron! Soon enough, it will become a fine sword!”

“Woah… So, he is like GOD?!”

“. . .”

“Mommy? Where are you?”

Rain echoed outside, a lone child sat in the living room of her home in Petra. She looked out the window, heavy dark clouds nearing from the sky. Everything was dark - and rain only poured heavy upon the wooden roof. 

“They won’t come back, will they, mama? The rain carries bad omens.”

The War of the Cuckold unfolded within the Petrine lands, and many had to take up arms and fight, even if they did not want to. Such was the fate for many, including Melly’s father. Having lost her mother just a year earlier, she eagerly awaited her father's return from one of the many raids. But the sky, that day, carried no good signs. Dark clouds had conquered the peaceful sky, and rain poured as strong as pebbles upon the mortal grounds. She knew, her father would not return.

“Melly, oem’ii, I am not your father..”

Our not-so-little Melly, now styled Ser Melinda, awoke from a deep slumber. She was laying belly up, her beloved armor donned and her helmet resting by her side. She was confused - The sky had many a star, yet it was so unfamiliar. She could hear the melody of crashing waves upon the shore, and after turning her head she noticed many grains of sand around her. Lights shone from everywhere in many different colors, from green to yellow to red. She went to sit up, and only now noticed her parents sitting in front of her. She squinted, once, twice, countless times. Then tears came, and she threw herself onto them for a group hug. 

“Mama. Papa. After you died, I met a new family. A lot of family. They all loved me so much. Especially Bia and Garen. They were my new parents, I loved them so much. Oh, and Nehtamo... He was rude, sometimes, but he taught me SO MUCH!” 

Arrows, explosives, and many other armaments went off that night. The Haeseni fought against the evil Mori, protecting Karosgrad from the incoming siege. Being the last standing nation, Haense had for the prior year shone like a beacon of salvation for the descendants of Almaris. On the eastern wall, the Cat-Knight of Barrowton fought off the incoming legionnaires. On the same wall were many of her friends, including Nehtamo, who she had adopted as her father two decades earlier. She was not going to let him down, and therefore charged onto the group of soldiers with great anger and furious vengeance. After being overwhelmed, she begged the others to keep him safe, and then jumped down into a nearby pond with two of her allies. More explosions went down as she fell, and soon enough she was reunited with the group. Together, they marched towards the Haeseni forces, discussing arguments of pressing actuality. It was once they arrived that the Cat-Knight was separated from them, opting to stay back with a Sergeant and make sure he would be alright. Elite unites of the Mori were nearing however, and she was an easy target. Arrows flew past, and then suddenly, a screech in the night of that dreadful siege.

“MREEEWOWWWWWWW”

Ser Melinda Glennmaer, the Cat-Knight of Barrowton, had been struck by an arrow in the head and effectively slain. She fell to the ground with a proud thud, content of all the way she had gone. Elite unites marched over her mere corpse, heading towards the square of the capital. 

Karosgrad had been compromised.

Spoiler

i CRIED GENUINE UGLY TEARS WRITING THIS I LOVED MELLY SO MUCH!!! i want 2 thank everyone & especially nehtamo & pepto who gave me the best rp i could ask for 

Ser Sterling would shed tears for his long time friend, he cannot believe he let this happen to someone who squired alongside with since he was a boy, along with whom he quested along with across the realm. "I am sorry I couldn't help" He wailed  as the battle went on.

The young Eredain Glennmaer sheds a tear upon reading his relative had passed - a shame, he thought for he never gotten to know the girl. He sat down looking upset into the pond in Savoy's camps for a while. "How was she?" he asked his mother on the matter of his relative.

An elder elf, roamed and watched with a watchful eye would notice a lack of a loud human, but not much thought went into it, she might had been in the other camps, going on trips to hunt those animals she spoke to boldly about. Unaware, that the elf's debt was never going to be repayed, maybe if he didn't get her that hand, she would had been alive this very day.

"She was a rascal. But she was no sinner. She died a true Knight's death. I will see you in the seven skies." 

Ser Garen uttered as he buried Melly's old training axe under the Savoyard sun.

Georg meowed sadly in honour of the fallen.