A LAST DEED [PK]

When Nikolai had told him their father would not be coming home, Bren hadn't reacted in any particular way. Sure, he was upset, and told his brother as much. They both agreed to split the task of relaying that information to the remaining family. 

Though, once he had retreated back into Savoy, once that weight had a chance to settle deep in his gut- he choked under it. The man that had inspired him to become a knight, the man that been an example for him all his life of what a soldier should be- gone? It was too soon. It was... 

That weight was something he'd have to learn to lift every day for the rest of his life. Not today, though. Today was for mourning.

Somewhere an older scyfling woman gripped her torso where the heart rest, collapsing onto her knees. Sheer stress filled her as the haste thudding of her heart echoed in the depths if a swarming head. “Baldrum-... you were the baby.” Elia Eryka wept out, palms moving to cover her face as sobs escaped, shoulders trembling. “Nejt my little brodir.

Edited by DahStalker

Amaya of Venzia deeply mourned the loss of her uncle.

The news came suddenly. Sunlight - a foreign concept to the fledgling Colborn, spilled through the cracks of that decrepit house she was confined to during her time in Savoy, and so too did the devastating news by word of mouth. One of her kin killed in battle - it was a valiant death, of course, but it did not satisfy Amaya, nor did it bring her pride, but grief instead.

Baldrum would not get to see her wed. He would not be there to protect her. He would not get to witness everything she intended to do to bring her family and her Kingdom great prosperity, nor would she get to witness the honour that Baldrum would bring their family.

And so, Amaya of Venzia mourned a life cut too short.

The Knight-Paramount grimaced upon hearing word of Ser Baldrum's death. He shook with anger, not at the fallen knight, but himself. "How many will Ea lose? How many more of my knights will fall?" He looked up to the sky, isolating himself. He had committed to memory the name of every knight, squire, and page that had fallen while he had been Knight-Paramount. "Gio, Cirilla, Jakob, Anatoliy..." he counted, pausing after each name, "And now Baldrum..." Tears fell from the Knight-Paramount, "Spasiba for vyr service my friend, and Ea wish vy luck in vyr final quest..."

Nikolai Colborn stood by the gates of Savoy as he watched the people who had valianty fought for Haense flood into the ruined city to seek refuge, one by one they passed, but not one of them was the one that his eyes wished to see. He willed to stand there until he would see his father walk through those very gates, and he would not move from that spot until he would witness the steps of the pair of boots that belonged to one Baldrum Colborn.

He will find a way to escape, surely...

The trance like longing to see his father would be briefly cut off as Nikolai's name was called, and thus the message of his father's death was delivered for him to hear. His hands would form into fists, ones almost so tight that had he not been wearing gloves, he might have drawn blood from his own palms. Thereupon the walls of Savoy did he gaze at the horizon, but such view grew blurred as tears covered the man's eyes

"Skrali vor GUD, for letting mik be his son..." Uttered the quivering lips of a grieving son "Skrali.. For being ve one va raise mik.. Fadir"

Spoiler

(Thanks for allowing me the spot of Nikolai in your family, I wouldn't be as active on LOTC as I am now if you hadn't. Thanks for the good run, and to new beginnings o7)

Spoiler

I Didn't know Ser Baldrum that well. I only memorable interaction I had with him was Veronica falling on him while he was a mori pin-cushion.. He will be a rather missed character. All I really have to say is in the song linked here

As Felix Weiss sat by his door in the Seven Skies, he peered up as a soft thunder quietly bellowed overhead.

He smiled brightly as he realized that it was not thunder, but the sound of trampling hooves.

A light chuckle escaped his lips. "...A Hussar has arrived."

Fabian Kortrevich recalled a good man; a good knight, and, in the quiet of the refugee camps, sobbed for the brave life lost.

Anastasia Colborn upon hearing the news from her cousin Carolus Colborn. turned to her mother "e..excuse me ea need a moment" she would say before walking off out of savoy taking a seat under a tree where she sobbed her heart out.. baldrum meant the world to her, he helped her get threw the hardest of times.. when she lost her brother Kazimar, her brother Felix. and when Robert went missing.. 

Anastasia couldn't believe that her beloved husband and her best friend had died.. she could not bring herself to do anything but sob her heart out, the first time in years she had let her emotions overwhelm her in such way. she spent the night at that tree sobbing uncontrollably.

then every night was flooded with memories of her life with baldrum. a dream when they first met in the lovers chase of one of haanses social seasons, she was hiding in a semi large bush, staying hidden until one Baldrum Colborn found her. they agreed to go up to the hill where a picnic blanket layed out to get to know each other whilst looking over the kingdom. 

another dream of when they was getting married at the alter, walking down the isle with her brother figure
Felix Weiss linked his arm with hers, once he handed her off to her future husband, a smile would be fixed on Anastasias face as she took her future husbands hands. . . 

Anastasia knew these memories was the best of her lifetime. though it pained her to think that her beloved husband was no more, a pain that knew no boundries. . . later the day her son brendell gave her knews that her daughter Katerina was also no longer with them. she continued to cry even harder, seeking comfort to her solitude.. 

Spoiler

it was great the rp that our characters had, made anastasia so much more memorable. thank you for this opportunity kaladin! may baldrum rest in piece. (still extremly sad T-T)

Edited by Lmcfc

Audo Weiss, as he returned to his family in Savoy, would later hear of the death. Though he had stayed in Karosgrad with his broken arm and torn side, he had not been one to suffer much injury in the new fight. No, it had still been those around him. Many had taken grievous injury towards the last leg of the fight, and so, it seemed enough had left for the Seven Skies, too.

"Papej ag now aedypapej." He muttered, tucked away outside of the walls as he spent time with the Brotherhood men that had come from across the sea - the men he and a few brave others had brought to aid against the threats Almaris faced. However, he did not speak with them for he seemed to be in his own head.

Baldrum had certain been someone he looked up to. A man of honour, and of the old. He wasn't always a close man, but he had been a beacon and a guide - in some sense - even when his own father had not. However, with the passing of two men he admired so greatly came the crushing reality of how lost the fight was, and yet also one of how the torch had truly been passed on.

He tilted his gaze to the heavens above.
"Take care, aedypapej. Share a Carrion with papej." 

Ileana Kortrevich sat in the camp with her brother and the rest of her House. She did her best to not break after all that loss. But as she heard the news of Ser Baldrum she went into her tent and cried. He had encouraged her so much to climb in the ranks of the BSK and become a great leader after she could not become a knight. And she had done such, she was a Sergeant now. But she never had thought it was the last battle she would have seen him. No more advice to come from his mouth and she sobbed. His words along with her Ruthern cousin Stefaniya had mattered so high upon the death of her brother Virgil. She had put on a mask to deal with it all, but those two had seen it break completely unlike her family. After all, Baldrum knew the pain of having a sibling that was a murderer.

"Rest well, Ser Baldrum. Ee will never forget the things vy told me."

"Baldrum is one of the most honourable men I have ever met," Georg mused, kicking idly a rock amidst the ruins of Savoy, "I wish there was anything I could have done to help him."

Violetta Colborn in the madness of the siege had escaped to Savoy. In wait she would await to see the arrival of her father along with the rest of her family. Though he would never come, the stuttering Colborn frowned. She would look across the ruins hoping to find him, any trace of him. That is when she had come up on the news of his passing. Violetta silent in her searching would come to a stand outside the ruins of Savoy. She was really never emotional with any of her family, let alone her father. She gazes to the skies as a stinging came to her eyes. The young woman slowly sinks to her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks as cold gripped her chest. Violetta shakes her head as she holds her hands to her face, for the first time in years since she was a small child sobbing. Sobbing at the lost of a father she wished she had the chance to say goodbye to, to say that she loved.