9.0 - Journey of a Regular Man

HogoBojo

Two more weeks, I'm gonna screech.

Wooooo! (another A name map eh)
this is exciting! the landscape looks awesome! Hell yeah

would've been cool to see a more fleshed out backstory for an entire continent that's been in existence alongside descendants on this side of the coin for however many hundred years instead of just one dude booping around for decades after a shipwreck.

Video is well produced and it's always good to see multimedia content from community team!
also

BRAEVOS

5 minutes ago, Shorsand said:

would've been cool to see a more fleshed out backstory for an entire continent that's been in existence alongside descendants on this side of the coin for however many hundred years instead of just one dude booping around for decades after a shipwreck.

Video is well produced and it's always good to see multimedia content from community team!
also

BRAEVOS

image.thumb.png.0f0dd01531d146bb2cf8665be6ebd027.pngimage.thumb.png.29a52790d1a1f2e4c1a9df4075c5e183.png

Yeah we've always been bad about having continents right next to eachother but not accessible once we leave

2 minutes ago, Anore said:

image.thumb.png.0f0dd01531d146bb2cf8665be6ebd027.pngimage.thumb.png.29a52790d1a1f2e4c1a9df4075c5e183.png

Yeah we've always been bad about having continents right next to eachother but not accessible once we leave

afaik there's a lore reason for that. seas around almaris are apparently absolutely wack thus making it hard for people to end up there. It makes sense how there would be little to no people on the land, but imo there should be at least something sitting there, whether its evil things / forces or ancient descendant offshoots, pirate bands, etc.

1 hour ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

There is a typo, the map's name is Aegyptus. Also, remind the children that Cleopatra was not black.

Oh yeah? Netflix says otherwise!!

This has to be one of the worst map names imaginable 

3 hours ago, SethWasTaken said:

this name makes me want sail to a different continent. 

On GOD

Well put together trailer, but the terrain itself does not look conducive to RP in the slightest. Looks very difficult to build on or travel. Looking back on previous maps, this one is probably going to be too big for the community to sustain it, unless I missed something somewhere about how they're going to try and centralize playerbases/RP. At this point, I'd rather RP on a vanilla generated world with a border, add some ruins or other POIs. 

1 hour ago, Skylez said:

Well put together trailer, but the terrain itself does not look conducive to RP in the slightest. Looks very difficult to build on or travel. Looking back on previous maps, this one is probably going to be too big for the community to sustain it, unless I missed something somewhere about how they're going to try and centralize playerbases/RP. At this point, I'd rather RP on a vanilla generated world with a border, add some ruins or other POIs. 

The map is much smaller than the current map, and it isn’t as big as you think. I’ve looked at a lot of the current nation builds, and whilst some cities / nations have decided to build mega-cities (don’t know why), other builds are smaller and allow for roleplay to not be as spread. 

nations also don’t seem to be too far away from each other, and you’ll probably come across a lot of the lairs unlike this map (cus of how small the map is)

terrain is much more flat outside of certain areas but even those large hills and crags seem to have builds on them that work tbf 

🧍‍♂️

10 hours ago, Shorsand said:

also

BRAEVOS

Was thinking about this the other day but what if this continent was the remains of a "map-change" for a totally separate and alien civilization from thousands of years ago and now we're re-colonising the ancient lands of an empire long-gone? I'm really excited, and hope that there's some sort of 'hook' for the descendants this time around.