Who Am I?

Air

Spoiler

Felt like doing a little bit of creative writing for my character after an interaction with someone. Thought it would be fun to get back into so I made this.

Please note that all of this information is purely OOC and should not be taken into rp whatsoever. Enjoy reading.

“I should speak to Celuset. That boy, he’s so smart, yet, I neglect him the same as Renae did me. Perhaps… perhaps I can make him better than I am, rather than let him grow feeling alone as I had.”

“Oh! There he is!”

“He looks different…”

“I heard about what happened between you and…”

“I never loved her…”

“Why would I say that…?”

“If you loved her and were enjoyable to be around…”

“I know more than a cuckold…”

“Who are you then?”

“Who… am… I…?” The man uttered to himself, his voice fragile like glass. Snippets of the conversation he had with the boy he considered his nephew continued to dwell within his mind, assaulting him. "He doesn't even refer to me as uncle anymore..." Now, he sat up from his spot on the grass and ushered himself to the water’s edge.

15acd420d8f9c1d76ac9fc3dbad0895d.jpg

((Art by Dreamy•Dusk on Pinterest))

Ante’ahern picked up a flat rock from its bed of sand, then skidded it over the pearlescent water. And then another… and another… and another again. Rock after rock. Throw after throw. He didn’t cease, if anything he hastened with each pebble. Perhaps he’d run out of rocks before stamina?

“All this nation has done is take… take… and take some more. Why should I care for it? Why does she care for it so?” Some rocks skid, others fell flat; as time passed, more seemed to sink rather than skid.

“Family! Friends! Time! Effort! Her!”

“When will it all end? When will this nation stop taking from me!? I’ve nothing…” His words fell short, his supply of flat rocks gently following behind. Yet he still threw them- why oh why?

“I’ve nothing left…”

Exhaustion struck, hard and swift. His arms grew weak and his breaths heavy like the stones he’d thrown. And thus he descended back to the ground, resting on his back.

“My point, Ante. Is that now you are inevitable…”

The ginger only seemed to lie still, despite his mentor’s words brushing through his mind.

“No… no that isn’t right…”

Even in this dried savanna, it abruptly began to rain. It was sudden, and it blurred his vision quickly. Though his body was left dry, even as it spilled over and descended his cheeks.

“He was… he was wrong to choose me as his heir.”

A mere ginger-haired orphan boy.

“Unfit”

“Weak”

He sat up slowly, gazing off into the sea through his watery, blurred vision. A few sniffles left him as he wiped his eyes, clearing them enough to thoroughly admire the beauty of the sea as it basked in the night’s sparkling reflection.

“Perhaps…” A single hand rose, tightly grasping a handle that protruded from his coat, strong at first but later weak.

“Perhaps I am…”

“Nothing”

Silance was in the midst of the halls of the Taln’nor Ecampment, Oem once more could not fathom sleep, she pondered where her maln was after sending her off. 

Her purpose still was in motion, But she could not stop pondering of what her maln was doing. 

“He gave me a purpose that I shall see though….I will not fail you maln”

The Cleric of Urguan held close her stoney scripture, and wondered where her bright eyed teacher had gone of late. 

Lugash walked the subterrain banks besides a disquieting and abyssal lake, fretful with annoyance and his meek body exhausted from the long saint's day of war and travel. Ante'ahern was not in the city, nor among the lunatics at the anvil. He was not with the elves, nor any party the boy knew of. Lugash groaned irritably, 

"𝔙𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔰𝔱 𝔷𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔘𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔢 𝔞𝔣𝔱 𝔪𝔢𝔦𝔫..!?"