The Last Goodbye [PK]

Tigergiri

As the elf red the letter, she fell to her knees, tears streamed down her face, she knew this day would come but she was not ready. Medea screams out in pain, losing the person that took her in when she had nothing, someone who accepted her even though she was not of blood, the one she was honored to have called mother. She cried out to her mother, her fists hit the ground as she looked up to the sky "Please....don't leave me yet.." Medea reached her hand up to the sky "Mama...I'm not ready to go on without you...please don't leave me..." The elf continued to cry, feeling herself break into pieces. 

OOC: I was a new player when you first adopted me into the De Astreas and I loved and cherished every moment of it, thank you Tiger, because of you, my character got to grow and become the person she is now.

The missive had reached a certain elfess, a Fox cub had come to the elfess's side as she was having some quiet time with her lover, she picked up the letter confused on what it could possibly be, leaning into her lovers embrace, the elfess opened the letter and started to read, a few minutes of silence before a choked agonizing sob was heard from the elfess "n...no..." she cried out in pure sorrow, Floria Kaeronin turned into her lover and cried her heart out for she had lost someone had had seen as close family and friend.

A certain Ame watched as the elfess in his arms crumbled down to pieces. He did not utter a word but simply wrapped his arms around her, watching her go to sleep from the mental exhaustion.

As the letter would reach the injured Ahmanu, he would hesitantly open it, as if he knew nothing good could come out of it at such a time. As he slowly began to read, he let himself fall back against the cold and dirty wall, removing his now broken mask, as tears would begin to flow down his bruised face reading the words left in his name "You gave my people a place to call home and a chance to prove our worth and for that, I will be eternally grateful, akhi. It was an honor to serve and honor both you and Vikela and I will strive to keep doing so. Rest well akhi, the eternal hilltop awaits." he said, each word getting clearer and clearer, reaching an absolute and solid tone, one of conviction, before he used his non-injured arm to lift himself back up, as he looked over at his group. "We stand tall and proud akhis, For Vikela We Soar."

Upon the skies of the afterlife lord Frisket as she gave her queen a smile. Maybe one that would confuse many

“Know that we are both here, because we did nothing but our best. Now Tu just watch and await others with me”

Many seats lie around Frisket, many seats with different names.

From the deep caverns lord a shieldess, she felt another leave this life, no expression as she sighed. A fellow familiar of the lost Wildflower had given her a missive. And left, for she knew her reaction

“one less spawn, of the cursed king.”

A pained screech echoed through the caverns of the underground as the girl mourned her mother. She clutched her chest, trying desperately to tell herself that it wasn't real..that her mother, the woman who brought her into the world, the woman who cared for her..the woman she called mama when she was little. Wasn't gone, but she was. She had left this plane of the living and cruel world. The woman's hands lead from her chest to her face, pained sobs escaping her with each breath. "Please-dont leave me, not yet-!" She cried out in pain, doing her best to hide her pain from her daughter in husband that may have been near by. She cuddled into a corner, letting her cries echo. 

A redheaded 'ame sighed softly, her face gentle and yet full of pain. She cleared her throat as best she could, pushing down all the pain she wanted to let out. "After all the years I have known you..I never thought I would truly put live you-little Lekia." She forced a swallow, tears peeking at the corner of her eyes before she shook them away. "Tell Esmond I said hi..same goes for the others." She smiled, turning to find her own children and hug them. 

Aylin_Upper_Banner.png

Though the sisters would never meet in the beyond, Aylin knew their people were safe and prosperous in Leika's arms. She did what the adopted de Astrea could not. Aylin was, in fact, just the regent--she held the seat until true greatness could take the helm. And now...she hoped Leika could rest knowing how loved and how proud she made her. 

Aylin_Lower_Banner.png

OoC:

Spoiler

My dearest Tiger, you have nothing to thank me for. You took on a monumental task and absolutely kicked ass doing it. Thank you for Leika, for Vikela, for your compassion, creativity, perseverance, and I know whatever character you will play next will be just as incredible. 

Xoxo, 
C

A small teen was sitting on a bench silently as a snowy owl flew over to her with the missive attached to its talons, it settled on the girls shoulder and scratched its wing while the girl took the letter "thank you Snowbelle" the small teen spoke to the bird before looking at the letter and read it quietly the young teen was confused for a moment before she realized what she was reading "G..Granmama.... no..." the child began to slowly cry and then sob shaking her head "no.. no this cant be happening... bad dream... bad dream..." the crying thirteen year old would then rush off to find her mother 

Upon hearing the news of Leika's passing Andora Guenevere-Zohar looked down at her hands, seeing a vivid memory of knocking the late queen the **** out. She then did a little dance and moved on with her life

Scarlet held the missive in one hand as she stroll through the grim and gloomy land. She search for fresh and blooming flowers to accompany her fallen friend. But it was hard to spot any bright blossoms within the dark lands.

Ri'Keidha took the news solemnly, but with silent dignity, as he had with all such news that found him recently. He was no stranger to death, being familiar with it from even the time he was a cub. Yet, few passings still left a pall over his spirit. This was one of them.

He reminisced on his first meeting with the Queen. They had met upon the Pyramid in which he would later spend half his life, leading her and her entourage personally to Eittitica's apex. It was there that he bent the knee to become Vikela's (Elysium's, at the time) vassal. Leika had been kind and understanding, respecting Kharajyr culture and tradition to integrate them peacefully into the kingdom. Soon they both would lead their forces side by side against the unprovoked invasion of the Orcs, and although they had lost, they lost together and strengthened their bond through strife and bloodshed.

From a high tower in the ruins of Savoy, Keidha looked in the direction of Vikela. His only regret now was not being able to sit before the shrine to Metztli at the top of the Pyramid Eittitica, meditating on that first meeting in the place it happened. Those lands belonged to the Mori now.
All the elder Kha could do was offer an old prayer he had heard once to the wind that blew off the sea,
"Uey nantli nimitstlatlauki kana se kuitlapantli nik motlauil. Xitechmaka uelilistli nik teyakana to tlakah ikamo in petstitlemauatl iui Leika."

As the piece of paper got to the Mali'ker alongside Ahmanu and read it alongside him, glancing to his side he notices Ahmanu collapse while tears of his own flood his cheeks, he attempts to remain strong infront of the rest of the group but is soon enough seen crying aloud. "C-..Certainly not deserved.." The Mali'ker sighs out through what remains of his crying, wich were soft sobs.. Then glancing to his side again to the exprience Ahamnu crawling to a stand and glance at the group, noticing this he raises a solid fist to his chest and clears his throath from the sobbing, copying Ahmanu's words right after him "For Vikela we soar! And forever will, in the great memory of this fallen Akhi." He adds on in his own words before looking down at the ground again, he had wished he could have said more words much like Ahmanu in this moment of grief, but through the float of emotions he couldn't get anymore out, and now was silent alongside the rest of the group...

The news hits the druid like a boulder to the face. The man so hellbent on dissociating from descendant attachment finds himself sobbing on his knees, alone in private, refusing to be seen in such a state. Leika, one of his dearest and oldest friends. Memories flood him of their exploits. The times they spend laughing together over various pranks pulled and jokes held. The times they, Amethyst and Ehrendil shared causing mischief despite their positions in Vikela.

He remembers so clearly swearing to her crown, the only time he has felt so connected to people and a city. Fal’leon weeps and warbles as he remembers his time in government with Leika, the feeling that they together, alongside their friends, could make a safe and flourishing place. And oh how they did, how their lands became a central hub for people full they would protect and command. Even now, with his distain for cities and people, those times remain his fondest of memories.

For a week Fal’leon sits alone, under the guise of meditation, crying on and off. Mourning the loss of his friend. It was a loss he had known was coming but he couldn’t possibly prepare for. Occasionally he laughs at her hinting at himself and his brothers closeness, before falling back to a state of sobbing.

“Our world shall nae find another like ye, Leika. An’ I shall nae allow i’ tae e’er forge’ yer name. I will ne’er forge’ ye.”  He hisses out, choking on his own tears. “I wish we would walk t’gether again af’er death. I shall miss ye so dearly. Ferever I shall be yer minis’er o’ knowledge, yer commander o’ army, I shall bow tae ye even whence I forgo me life o’ people. Van’ayla, ac’llir. Narn ilu’hileia, iylker’metta ahernan nae. Kae cihi’an ignere ay nae.” He speaks the elven solemnly, ears drooping down.

Spoiler

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA this is a death i’ve been dreading for MONTHS. i love love leika so much, she’s why me and tiger are friends to begin with! she’s been one of my favourite characters to interact with, the chaotic antics of paramount and minister have always been SO fun.