The Problem with the Temp-Map.

Slorbin

2 minutes ago, AfroJoeTheOlogBro said:

Not a single person knew? Someone had to have, where else would the assets come from? Question the system mi amor, you know this to be true. Someone knows

Well naturally someone knew, but the people who did the request who pasted the assets didn't know where they came from. They were just provided. Question the system indeed.

Just put us in vanilla freebuild for the next week while you get your shit together jfc, this is so sad

who "built" the actual assets..

The latest news from staff is we will be entering a vanilla anarchy survival mp server with permadeath enabled. First player to kill the End Dragon (Azdromoth) will be awarded an extra persona slot and 1000 crowns. Enjoy!

Just now, Matheaww said:

who "built" the actual assets..

The question indeed, he could be any one of us. He could be you! He could be me! He could be- 

7 minutes ago, worldeltaii said:

honestly y'all could have put us in a sandy/beachy area with random tents and campfires around - that would keep us entertained for the next two weeks

beach day vacation rp >>>>>

A big problem with the temp map, as well, is that usually it plays out to be a survival island with freebuild, essentially. And it always works - nobody complains and we have a fun week or so while the new map is being worked out. There's never been a real problem with this system and its easy, but staff decided that they just HAD to overcomplicate it and stick us in some weird lore-cave.

And while some things in the cave were really cool (the dragaar, the golem, etc.) it's just not the same, and it doesn't exactly foster fun and roleplay the same way that the past temp maps have. NOT to mention that it's stolen. I noticed almost immediately and then notified slorbin right after cause I thought he'd be the best person to tell.

14 minutes ago, Zaerie said:

Just to try to be vaguely helpful to the staff here to give them some alternative idea for what to do with 300 bored players for the next two weeks:

Just put us in some weird large stone box with some vortex supplies in the middle. Turn us into diggy little dwarves where we tunnel out our little temp map hovels. Give us some freebuild type thing like last time, at least it'll be relatively low effort for the staff and give us something to do.

Oh and at least it wouldn't be stolen

Dwarf stocks rising!

2 minutes ago, __Clocky said:

There's never been a real problem with this system and its easy, but staff decided that they just HAD to overcomplicate it and stick us in some weird lore-cave.

THIS! Exactly this, we need a moment to breathe and exist - having everything connected to lore or to a story is starting to get boring. I'm so over this temp map.

man i spent the last hour complimenting the temp map's build i genuinely liked it :(

Yikes Chrissy Teigen GIF - Yikes Chrissy Teigen Teigen - Discover & Share  GIFs

When I made that malding post in Lobby chat on LotC discord it was a JOKE.

I... I am actually baffled by this.

Who thought they would get away with it?