The Problem with the Temp-Map.

Slorbin

giphy.gif

I am writing to express my deepest disappointment and sheer disbelief regarding a recent discovery that has left me utterly flabbergasted. It has come to my attention that a certain individual, without an ounce of integrity or creativity, has shamelessly plagiarized my cherished Minecraft map. How dare they!

As an enthusiast and connoisseur of the Minecraft realm, I dedicated countless hours to meticulously crafting a unique and unparalleled virtual masterpiece. My imagination ran wild, and my fingers danced across the keyboard, carefully placing every block with unrivaled precision. This map was a manifestation of my creative prowess, and I poured my heart and soul into its creation.

Imagine my astonishment when I stumbled upon this imposter's abomination, a blatant rip-off of my artistry. It is an insult to everything I hold dear! The audacity displayed by this individual is nothing short of outrageous. How could someone stoop so low as to claim credit for another person's work? It's despicable, to say the least.

Let me make it abundantly clear: I will not tolerate such flagrant plagiarism of my intellectual property. I demand immediate action be taken to rectify this injustice. The plagiarist must be held accountable for their actions, and appropriate measures should be implemented to ensure this never happens again.

To the individual responsible for this heinous act, I have a message for you: Your lack of originality and moral compass is truly pitiful. If you think you can get away with stealing another person's work and passing it off as your own, you are sorely mistaken. The Minecraft community is a tight-knit group, and we stand united against such deceptive practices.

To my fellow Minecraft enthusiasts, I implore you to remain vigilant and report any instances of plagiarism that you come across. We must safeguard our community and protect the hard work of dedicated creators who pour their heart and soul into their craft.

In conclusion, I want the plagiarist to understand the gravity of their actions. They have not only betrayed my trust but also the trust of the entire Minecraft community. I demand justice and restitution for the damage caused by their brazen theft.

Let this serve as a warning to anyone even contemplating such unethical behavior: We Karens of the Minecraft realm will not sit idly by while our artistry is trampled upon. We shall rise and defend what is rightfully ours, ensuring that justice prevails.

[Copyright ChatGPT]

Spoiler

wait for admins to respond cus u all could be wrong and then u'd look like idiots (i.e. first 10 comments)

1 minute ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

I don't think the accusation here is that LOTC pirated this dude's work, moreso that we used it without giving credit (which is why a lot of players thought that the crimson town and docks and whatnot were made by ST builders instead of the reality which is that it was copied in from elsewhere).

I think a quick blurb about where temp map assets were obtained from would've stopped a lot of this drama from occuring in the first place.

As we all hop on the forums I'd like to remind you that orc and shamanic characters are engaging and interesting and that if you're unsure what kind of character to play next map, an orc or shaman is definitely a good choice. DM me if you need help making a character or understanding shamanism!

The fact youtubers would download the temp map, delete it block-by-block while recording it backwards to claim they made it is frankly sickening and the community deserves better.

3 minutes ago, Panashea said:

As we all hop on the forums I'd like to remind you that orc and shamanic characters are engaging and interesting and that if you're unsure what kind of character to play next map, an orc or shaman is definitely a good choice. DM me if you need help making a character or understanding shamanism!

boy aint no way boy...

4 minutes ago, Panashea said:

FACTS

why oh why did you do this staff

Just put us on a normall ass survival for 2 weeks and see what happens, easy social experiment

welp were starting early this map huh?

I’ve been informed that they properly paid for it. I think. Not sure if they had permission. My apologies for any misinfo I may have caused.

in any case: they should have been more upfront about this with everyone ahead of time. Especially the ST who are caught in the crossfire.

I think the most reasonable IC choice would be to sail off to The Fringe.

Also this is embarassing, ngl! I assumed it'd be just the cave itself or something, but when I clicked the video I had to laugh, just immediatedly showing us the exact same houses, gatehouse and trees that are in 'our' map. Sad !

1 minute ago, Slorbin said:

I’ve been informed that they properly paid for it. I think. Not sure if they had permission. My apologies for any misinfo I may have caused.

in any case: they should have been more upfront about this with everyone ahead of time. Especially the ST who are caught in the crossfire.

even if they properly paid for it, they should have given credit to where they got it from or tag the builders

6 minutes ago, Slorbin said:

There's still other problems, at least it wasn't plagiarized but they provided no credit, but the fact is that they simply didn't need to do that. 

ST should also be given space because they do so much for this server, it wasn't their fault at all and more management, albeit management did not really anything inherently wrong.

Moreso the fact that they felt the need to connect everything into some big overarching lore plot and stuffing us into a suffocating nether valley lore cave rather than the norm, which is survival island with freebuild. And they would've rather used a youtube build with no credit or heads up beforehand than a simple solution.

Hey Slorbin,

We're investigating the situation and should offer a proper response soon. Until then, I'll be locking this thread.