Re: On the Temp Map

NotEvilAtAll

The entire argument hinges on two things from what I can see- Whether the map can 'legitmately' be used by LOTC for the purposes they are using it for, which is using it as a multiplayer map for their public server-

And a moral argument, of whether we should be using the map from a third party that probably didn't give us permission to use it in the first place.

Now, I can't speak on the legitmatcy too much- I don't exactly have my own awnser to supply. What I can say is the 'Mojang' EULA doesn't really cover it- The cited passage specifically refers to whether or not Mojang themselves can use assets created by the community freely, and, as far as it's been seen here, doesn't cover how players react to eachother in terms of using eachothers assets.

As for the 'Paid for' argument, that holds no water. If the Author has stated previously that his product isn't to be used in any commercial sense, only a private matter, that's noteworthy. The argument of 'Well I paid for it so I get to use it how I want' doesn't generally hold water in that regard. Go grab a Disney movie and start showing it to people enmass, for free even. Won't be long before you recieve a cease and desist letter from Disney, despite you having personally paid for it. Because you paid it for your own private use, but that doesn't allow you to dilute their product by displaying it enmass. There's a reason you can't upload movies to youtube and expect it to stay up.

Again, that only applies so long as that was specified when the transaction was made.

Moral wise? Well that just depends on your cup of tea, so there's no awnser there that'll make everyone happy. Best I can do is supply my own. Provided it was legitmately gained, long as they give credit to the artist, yeah, that's fine. It's how that works.

However, the context I've gathered about this situation is telling me that LOTC, or atleast individuals responsible for the interm map, claimed it's soley their work. That's very much no beuno. Doesn't matter how much effort you personally put into it, you took someone elses effort and claimed it as part of your own.

bro i thought dreameater wrote that and i was in awe

yeah so any map where theres no building and you cant open chests is a fail thats the post mortem here...

believe it or not some people want to play minecraft lol crazy take...

On 5/21/2023 at 11:37 PM, argonian said:

I took a pill in Almaris
To show the Haensers I was cool
And when I finally got sober, felt ten years older
But **** it, it was something to do
I'm fighting in the Warclaim
I man a cannon just to prove
I'm a real big baller 'cause I made a million minas
And I spend it on maidens I choose

This man produces nothing but quality content.