Story Update - Spring '23

squakhawk

I know I've reached out to you via Discord @squakhawk, but would Lore Sect members be able the ones to contribute to map lore and the sort of evolving storylines you are expecting on this new map? Before I left ST, I got the general impression that most lore work revolved around deities & Aengudaemon lore which for personal reasons I did not want to partake in. (Hats off to Zarsies because he seemed to be the one saddled with that particular project).

new lore approved herb is mega garlic to bat away vampires

Can the striga community get the CA back now? 

18 hours ago, squakhawk said:

Everypony

stop (this is a slur to me and if you say it again this is a violation of my rights as PER the lord of the craft tos). IF you say it again you wlll be permanently terminated from lordofthecraft.net

thank you

On 5/23/2023 at 3:47 PM, _Sug said:

Can the striga community get the CA back now? 

the past is dead, kill it if you have to. striga smirk from the grave

On 5/23/2023 at 4:03 AM, Ibn Khaldun said:

I know I've reached out to you via Discord @squakhawk, but would Lore Sect members be able the ones to contribute to map lore and the sort of evolving storylines you are expecting on this new map? Before I left ST, I got the general impression that most lore work revolved around deities & Aengudaemon lore which for personal reasons I did not want to partake in. (Hats off to Zarsies because he seemed to be the one saddled with that particular project).

Mapdevs (all from LT/ET) did the lore for the map, we won't be writing more maplore for regions once launch has happened because we don't want to retcon stuff in mid-map and would rather stick with the story and narrative we're designing from the beginning. 

All of Almaris we have been kind of playing catch-up from having no lore / builds to start and currently we have both which im quite happy with, I don't want to start just adding more arbitrarily rather than working with the really wide array we currently have. Most lore writing for deities is limited to just a few people as well, mostly me/joel/werewolf/zarsies, lore team rarely does writing as a team because its somewhat ineffective.

As well, for eventlines and stuff, typically they're left somewhat ambiguous for ET to draft at a later date because we don't want lore guys writing events for ET- usually ET just end up not running them because they're not interested in running stuff that isn't their own. However, with our current direction of maplore, most lores are pretty open to interpret and allow ET to run their own events through a backface.

I wanna give events only to my friends (fishers, fishing rp on top)

6 hours ago, squakhawk said:

Mapdevs (all from LT/ET) did the lore for the map, we won't be writing more maplore for regions once launch has happened because we don't want to retcon stuff in mid-map and would rather stick with the story and narrative we're designing from the beginning. 

All of Almaris we have been kind of playing catch-up from having no lore / builds to start and currently we have both which im quite happy with, I don't want to start just adding more arbitrarily rather than working with the really wide array we currently have. Most lore writing for deities is limited to just a few people as well, mostly me/joel/werewolf/zarsies, lore team rarely does writing as a team because its somewhat ineffective.

As well, for eventlines and stuff, typically they're left somewhat ambiguous for ET to draft at a later date because we don't want lore guys writing events for ET- usually ET just end up not running them because they're not interested in running stuff that isn't their own. However, with our current direction of maplore, most lores are pretty open to interpret and allow ET to run their own events through a backface.

Sounds good. If you or the managers see value in adding me back in to help, feel free to ping me. Even if it is moreso wanting to contract out a specific item to develop and write on, I'm down.