The All Father's Warning

AnonymousAlexa

The All Father’s Warning

abandoned-and-destroyed-medieval-farmlan

Penned by Hilda Freysson, 130 SA

In the restless hours of the night, as sleep eludes me and contemplation consumes my weary mind, an unyielding question persists: Why? Why have our people endured such suffering? Why have the Mori, those sinister invaders, unleashed their malevolence upon our cherished lands? Why has our abode, once a sanctuary of light, succumbed to their oppressive darkness? Why do I find myself composing these words by the flickering campfire, rather than within the comfort of my ancestral abode? The answer, dear reader, is woven within the tapestry of faith, or rather, the lack thereof.

In a time preceding the divine inception of the All Father, our realm dwelled within a perpetual shroud of darkness; a natural state unaltered by the touch of light. It is through the benevolent intervention of the Father that we were bestowed with illumination and vitality. However, we, the descendants, are not entitled to these blessings. For as mighty as the All Father is, he remains tethered to an eternal struggle against the ancient olde ones, whose existence he cannot entirely erase. Thus, it becomes our sacred duty, as children of the All Father, to join His noble cause during our transient existence. Our enlightened forebearers recognized this solemn responsibility and forged formidable orders to stand resolute against the encroaching Long Dark. However, Norland, once a bastion of valor, has succumbed to a lamentable state. The Nordish populace, once renowned for their fortitude, now wavers in the face of adversity, their hearts succumbing to weakness and despondency. Our offspring are bereft of the foundational teachings that once intertwined Faith and culture, setting them upon a path of ignorance that perpetuates this tragic state of affairs.

Undeniably, the ancient malevolence has discerned our people's inherent flaw, a weakness that renders us vulnerable to their insidious machinations. The Mori, serving as harbingers of the Long Dark, have been dispatched to herald its arrival, seeking to reclaim our world’s primordial obscurity, before the All Father's divine flame graced our existence. Though I hold steadfast optimism that the Long Dark has yet to envelope our entire realm, it has certainly cast its oppressive veil upon Almaris, poised to expand further should our people persist in complacency. The darkness wrought by the Mori, while not an irrevocable defeat, serves as a dire clarion call–an urgent reminder that the All Father finds himself engaged in a battle of diminishing odds.

Let us not falter in the face of this encroaching night. May this solemn reminder ignite the flames of resolve within us, urging us to rekindle the dwindling embers of faith and rally against the relentless darkness. Our sacred duty beckons, and it is only through our collective resolve, guided by the All Father's eternal flame, that we may yet illuminate the path to salvation.

signature_2.png

"While I do not disagree that the Long Dark has come time and again through the ages, even so early as a few months ago to destroy our new homelands of Nyrheim through the Mori's hand, did not the people of Norland band together the descendants of this new wasteland to beat down the disgusting agents of ruin who consume the flesh of the newborn and unborn?" Vykk considers the words of this open journal before offering his conclusion. "It would seem to me that Norland is lighting the way of morality and leading the descendants into a safer era, not stagnating like you may posit."

51 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

"While I do not disagree that the Long Dark has come time and again through the ages, even so early as a few months ago to destroy our new homelands of Nyrheim through the Mori's hand, did not the people of Norland band together the descendants of this new wasteland to beat down the disgusting agents of ruin who consume the flesh of the newborn and unborn?" Vykk considers the words of this open journal before offering his conclusion. "It would seem to me that Norland is lighting the way of morality and leading the descendants into a safer era, not stagnating like you may posit."

"This is nae true. As it was in Alisgrad, the Fatherless live amongst us in mass, and few do wish to be Faithful to the Father." The High Keeper sighed, reluctant to accept the current state of Norland. "Futhermore, t'was nae Norland that rallied the banners of Righteousness, but the Brotherhood of the Flame and the Númenedain. The people of Norland rallied to the call after Hilda Freysson, Balon Eiriksson, and the Princess of Minas Amath truly called upon the Righteous of Failor to unite against the vile forces of Redclyf. The initiative for such is nae for us to claim, but for Balon and Hilda."

Liam cannot read.

Baldr, a weathered man, seasoned knight, and devout Fatherist reads the short warning. It immediately brings his mind to a fateful day within the old Cannonist priory turned Hearth Temple. When smoke filled his lungs and His Light burned brightly in his eyes and His Flame danced through the night. He begins to mutter beneath his breath, "I have seen it, so must they." as he produces a small parchment on his makeshift desk. He writes in unsteady hand to Hilda, the High Keeper, and any other Faithful interested in his ramblings:

Spoiler

Faithful,

Mortal ambition and mortal sin has blinded us. Our fate is not yet sealed, but we are destined for the blackest path, the Abyssal Void shall snuff our lives, our spirits, our Flames. There is nothing beyond this, nothing to save us once it has consumed. Only in treading the path illuminated by His Light and through cleansing our mortal vessels with His Flame might we be redeemed. The Flame MUST guide us, the Father's Will MUST be made manifest. It is said that this path is hard, uncertain, cruel, yet His Light shall illuminate the way. We must not falter and our fate may be altered.

Enact His Will.

By the Blood of the Herald, Baldr