[✗] [Creature Lore] The Aevosan Capypillar

TreeSmoothie

Untitled183_20230529201422.png

im-fell-french-canon.bold.webp

orange%20divider%20line%204.png 

ORIGIN: The 'Aevosan Capypillar' is, as its name might imply, 'native' to the continent of Aevos. It typically dwells in hot, humid areas with lots of water, or around oases in the desert. It's thought that, rather than spawning naturally, the horrid thing was spawned from a noble family of yore attempting to make their menagerie more 'exotic' - however, had not expected the outcome of doing so. Since its initial release, they've become pests to true native wildlife, dubbed the 'Capypillar' for their build similar akin to the small insects.

360_F_537007913_v5g04PTA6DJ5rw2jY2UsA18g 

A Capypillar's typical habitat. Artist unknown, provided by Adobe.

SUMMARY: The Aevosan Capypillar is a carnivorous, semi-aquatic rodent that can range from a meagre 5 feet in length to an astonishing 40 feet. They have bioluminescent stripes on their fur that draw curious prey near during the night, so that they can kill and eat them, as they're too lazy and physically slow to want to hunt. Their fur color can range from pale browns to dark, reddish, rusty colors, and even in rare cases, black. 

Not only are they carnivorous, but they become cannibalistic when there are too many of their own kind in a small enough area. Unlike the large, friendly rodents they're derived from, they're also incredibly territorial and violent towards other things as well. Most creatures who stray too close can risk being bitten, dragged underneath water, or even killed if the Capypillar hasn't lost interest - which it usually does, especially if it's eaten recently.

To attack things, the Capypillar will often use its weight to crush whatever it's targeting, or try to encircle them with its body before crushing them akin to a snake. See Abilities for more.

The Capypillar has thin, coarse fur, but thick, almost blubbery skin that holds in water due to their environment. It can typically withstand slices, pierces, etc. akin to leather armor, and when wounded, their blood is a weirdly tangy orange ooze.

TAMING: These creatures are too downright hostile to everything to be tamed, and at best can be kept in a cage. 

ABILITIES: 

Revolting Bite

Less of an ability and more of an unhappy accident, Capypillars have a bite that can lead to horrible infections if not properly cleaned due to the amount of meat they consume - which is sometimes already rotting. 

Dizzying Blood

Perhaps a mechanism against possible predators, the Capypillars have a thick, tangy, orange blood that tastes akin to a strong alcohol mixed with citrus and spice. Smaller creatures that consume this have been found to experience vomiting and nausea, though, curiously, when Descendants have imbibed it it merely acts as Alcohol does. Consuming its meat has the same effect.

GENERAL REDLINES: 

Capypillars cannot be kept as pets or used for offense/defense against other players, groups, nations, etc.

- Capypillars may be used for player DIY events or for ST events only.

- Its saliva cannot be harvested to give people infections.

- Its blood & meat are purposefully meant to give players something interesting to cook with: however, cannot be used as a secret ''poison''/etc. It's effectively a flavorful alcohol.

orange%20divider%20line%204.png

PURPOSE (OOC): 

There's been too many wholesome creature lores recently. We need at least one weird one, guys.

I need 10 I don't care if I can't tame them

+1, I want to eat a steak and get drunk at the same time

Ive been waiting for this since the vc

A new delicacy

To be hunted for sport and for eating, served with salad

i didnt even read any of the text, the image is enough to sell me on the idea

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT 

Vslabjaychabafzkalsozmfhqnbjabatabjxkwnjz

Ok, seriously: thank you for having this thing be a legitimate danger _and_ a great source of Hunt RP despite the inherent derpiness of a Capybara-Caterpillar. This is the exotic sort of wildlife i love to see in a fantasy world and truly ingeneous. The cooking cauldrons of San'Briu wait to have their fill of this delicacy.

+1

this all started because tree built her capybara too long on the lurin build server and then it escalated.

I love this a lot

I like it. Horrifying danger rodent. I want to consume its flesh in rp. Give me the alcohol bug.