AN ADDRESS TO THE ROYAL DIET

Moenah

sEgtNAGituX-W8WQ3NLGI4wNfOhxolx9uXfpZIl09D-auKxwaX0wtAWWTX70BFF0ErOyzgmNyxa79x5bMxEFZ0JWhVcYqiKCt16VTgs_0SzlsF0fZ8SknEzFblW7xhgmwCh4nhR-GdYU6tVSsggkVoA

ON THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE ESTATES

Issued by 

THE LADY CHAMBERLAIN

On the 9th of Harren’s Folly, 1941

qtZxzgisKQSFCTuJ6yl5FoSUzhaXTy8ANwFMf3KPmMHC-OuqCLanq00ICwv-0hIn-v6mY743g_OzqrAAEpFInr9GYs9vqbVgNhWvFc1UMB_lNCWX39BiiyeTILS48M2RR3w6WixRAWyJF36xw7J6FK8

THE ACT OF ENNOBLEMENT, whatever the era or nation, is always an act of great privilege, holding the promise of loyalty and service to the Crown. However, through careful observation, I have seen great decadence enabled amongst our lords—some who, in times when the nation ought to be thriving with progress, have instead choked under the weight of their own indolence. And this cannot stand, for due to the laws of the past, contribution to the Crown is moreso encouraged than it is enforced. This is not the past. We live in different times under a different continent, where the standards ought to be raised higher so that we might see every one of our houses thrive. And what, I ask, is the worth of a house that fails to uphold their vows to the Crown in exchange for a life of decadence and indulgence? Thus, I pen this proposal to add the following amendments to our Great Charter, so that these needs might be met.

I bring the following under the consideration of the Crown, and for the Royal Diet to deliberate:

I. According to Section III of the Great Charter, a noble estate is “[...] afforded the sole authority to raise militia in the service of their own Estate”. However, due to the vagueness of this statute, the walls of our vassals remain heavily defended while the city of Whitespire itself lacks all military presence; especially at times when that city, the seat of the Crown, is left vulnerable to attack. 

Therefore, to centralize forces under the service of the Crown itself, let the militias of the Estates be in service to the Crown first and foremost, thereby connecting them to the Legion of Aaun. 

II. All of the nobility, the Estates and the Peerage alike, ought to be held to specific standards, the likes of which shall determine their standing and rank:

Service to the military; including the involvement of noble houses in the Legion and the Knightly Orders, and strong presence when the kingdom is in need of a rally.

Service to the government; whether that be serving on the privy or city council, or attendance at the Royal Diet.

Service to the courts; including involvement in any of the Offices of the Clementine Court, or a council position within it.

Service to the faith; including, but not limited to, service within the church or the Abbey of St. Jude.

Finally, service to nation; which regards general involvement in events, court proceedings, and church masses.

Each of these services should be expected to be fulfilled by at least one house member.

Failure to meet these standards and by proxy, lack of contribution, would result in demotion or revocation of titleage and land under the jurisdiction of the Crown, foremost, or Royal Diet, as stated in Section II, Statute II.

III. To ensure that these expectations are met, the authority of enforcing these standards should go to the Grand Peer, conducting occasional audits regarding each house’s performance.

SIGNED,

HER HIGHNESS, Aleksandra of Vidaus, Princess-Consort of Merryweather and the Rhine,

Landgravine of Alstreim, Baroness of Corwinsburg, Lady of Blackwater, Lady Chamberlain of Aaun

Louis Owyn Haverlock squints "The Nobility will not like this, I can feel it in the force air."

"These sort of things have caused trouble in Haense and will cause trouble for Aaun. It is not a good idea. Turn back whilst you still can." Bishop Odo states with great wisdom

"Speaking of the ideas of the Founders when one Is still here.  It was never seen as just to give a single vassal the ability to demote or remove any of his comrades from their title. This just allows for tyranny, and in particular immense power to the grand peer. Especially power for just the principality of Merryweather who has had members be grand peer since the beginning. This creates good points to the United Kingdom of Aaun, but written with the wrong intentions." The former countess told her group of political students.

"Would hope the new generation doesn't forget that this is a united union of previously independent realms rather than a continuation of Oren." The old Helwig von Bardenwig-Alstreim grumbles reading the issue whilst extensively grooming his moustache

Oren