Tabula Aaunica

Balthasar

MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF AAUN

TABULA AAUNICA

AUTHORED & DRAWN BY

HIS HIGHNESS, JOHANNES VON ALSTREIM

OF MERRYWEATHER

4xF2vAAyUpU4QRvsfUgYCdvKxdfM0y0scs-yu1Dlzu7isvGumzbxEE91SMUzfT2LFERzOsQ_KvdKPIbmiXo7-UJNcMcUe40dmnnpe-8UsK3wOYHBtQ93HoaDoRryQgqJEpNlj8lbSmXPwdNZ8Kq-hys

n4yCzmkwKvtrZS0s5kBgSIwPwOP6WlIsB_anj-E8YIfpR7Qj5lIRShLwh_zVC21idI6AnzaYae9dkEzzpi4ejYnNvUyhiJaQARRuEsg41EXM_zWo1Zzj0NuSizBPH1ktJmqU4_0sJGpVQ5WNZaCY0tg

CROWNLANDS

The Crownlands are the jewel of the Union. It is the most populous region of the Kingdom, consisting of the Royal Capital of Whitespire, New Conkerhove, Applebie. Further west you will find the Principality of Merryweather, where the rural village of Apfelberg is attached to Castle Ulrichsburg, home to the von Alstreims. The region is packed with industry and trade, all matter of peoples ploughing their trades, be it from the sea, the mountains or the land. Nearly all types of enterprises are found here.

The region consists primarily of Heartlanders who migrated from the Petran and Cathalon regions of old Oren. Going further west, towards the Langkette where Merryweather is, you will find those of the Arentanian alps, primarily Waldenians and Lechians, who make up a large percentile of the United Kingdom.

FLOODPLAINS

Moving further east one arrives at the floodplains, sometimes referred to as the Waterland, it consists of small noble estates, that of de Lewes, Varoche, Tiber and Renshin. Who are each of different cultures. There is hardly any industry in the region, the marshlands makes any profitable businesses difficult. Thus most nobles make their income from the capital, working in the palace, running companies or serving in the guard.

The cultures of the aforementioned nobles are Savoyard, Illatian, Heartlander and finally Oyashiman. All excluding Renshin, have a much involved history with Aaun and Oren of old, such as the Pertinaxi houses of Varoche and Tiber. As of writing this, the Savoyard house of Ashford de Lewes serves leally as the chancellors of Aaun.

PAST THE LANGKETTE

Past the Crownlands, going west you will find yourself in the lands of Minitz, Styria and Lemonhill. These lands are ruled mostly independently by their own governments. The ruling families of Minitz and Styria are Barclay and Ivanovich, both founding families of the Union. Further west from Minitz and Styria is Lemonhill, lands overseen by the Mother Church and ruled by a Ser Morgan, a knight of great repute.

Andregrad and Kanunsberg (The city names of Styria and Minitz), are both great urban centers with smaller castles dotting the outskirts of the cities. The main industry of both cities are agriculture, specifically that of various foodstuffs and alcohol. Kanunsberg developed a small iron mine to the mountains, which is mainly used in the making of tools, but is without a doubt also used in the arming of the Minitzian Warbands.

Spoiler

So, once again I post a map before war. This truly is the curse of the mapmaker. Just a cute lil' hobby :)
pls let me know if there's any major errors

Aleksander Jazlowiecki patted working Johannes on the shoulder "Good job cousin!" He said with a smile

Sir Philip remembered being shown the early version of this map many years ago. 

"Oh he finally finished it... quite nice!"

Boon rushes from his store to the steps of Merryweather in search of Johannes, constantly shouting and screaming along the way. "Johannes! Johannes! Save me a copy of yer map so I can hang it up!"

Vylandris Vuln'ibar sweats profusely from his forehead, "According to this map, I now live in the weefolk shiredoms. Did I miss something?" he hastily writes a letter to the mapmaker for clarification.

Mimosa Applefoot rejoices at the diplomatic recognition of Greater Barnsley!

"Now all cow-lovin' ranchers 'r UNITED under one big ol' barn!"

7yaRB7z.png

Odoacer hal'Cingedoz slid a bronzen icon of the Venerated Cunimund hal'Cingedoz over a print of the gorgeous Tabula Aaunica, just off-center from where the Langkette Pass symbol (the yellow-in-green marker). He wrote a note, reading: "Wæshæl! Whole health and hail to you o' King Johannes. By the love of mine kinsman Cunimund, newly venerated & incredibly instrumental to the legal & court tradition of Aaun, I ask that you consider marking the legendary humble hamlet of Bodbwodz on the Tabula Aaunica in future editions. Our fair village where heroes & scholars made home had been settled by the late Heinrich Lothar I & the Cingedoz tribe had been ever respectful to the Aaunic folk & ever loyal to Merryweather. As to the court tradition he aided in fostering, look no further than the Lex Aaunica transcribed & resting in assemblage lecterns in Whitespire among many other contributions."