The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

*a shadowy man appears*

I hope all is well... I think we need a top-up. If one of you will accompany me (PM, state on the thread if you do) I have a proposition...

*a shadowy man appears*

I hope all is well... I think we need a top-up. If one of you will accompany me (PM, state on the thread if you do) I have a proposition...

How can I help you?

*stares at the man.

[Questions]

MC Name: Rurikk

Why do you want to join? I would like to join because currently I am just in the Obsidian Flame pirate crew and they are only active on the weekends, so I am hoping to join as it will give me more Rp to do in my free time and IC my character has spent all of his minas from pirate raids so he is taking a chance at the life of thievery to finance his life in the long months between each of these pirate raids.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? I would like to think that my Rp is very fun and I hope others think that way as well, I plan on being very active as a member of this guild and showing my skills to my mentors and leaders to prove myself and them that I will be an asset to the guild and provide many riches for them.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Whats most vital in Rp to me is having fun and ultimately doing this while also following the server and villain rules. You also have to take into account that good Rp involves the use of emotes and doesnt always have to have pvp, rolling is not a rule, but most people like to use it so sometimes you have to agree with the player or players that you are Roleplaying with and roll for actions, even if it is not a common thing you do when roleplaying.

To break the guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the guild, do you understand this? Yes

[Character Questions]

RP name: Charles Greymane

Biography: (Important note: Charles has two different dialects, one is the common english speaking dialect used by almost every race, and his second dialect is that of the pirates, he will use either when it best suits him in any situation.)

The wind is blowing and the reeds are swaying with the breeze, the prey is calmly eating some seeds while clucking around the rivers edge. Charles slowly crawls closer and knocks and arrow. As he pulls back the arrow and aims the arrow towards home he hears a crashing through the forest coming closer. "Quickly catch the bloody thing before it flys away!" Screams some oddly dressed men as they come crashing out of the trees with some nets and clubs in their hands. Charles just barely rolled out of the way as the group ran past, but it was too late for the man chasing after them as he stumble over Charles yelping out as he hit the ground with a thud. The group turns around to see what has happened to their fallen friend and they see Charles stand up out of no where on top of the man. "Get 'im!" Screamed one of the group. Charles turns around startled from hearing the command and sees the group charging straight towards him, he grabs his bow from the ground and sprints into the woods. While running he forgets to check his surroundings and doesn't notice the smoke arising from the forest top up ahead before its too late and he crashes head on into a towering man. He tries to get up but one of the men nearby grabs him by his cloak and lifts him into the air. "What'll we do with 'im Captain?" asks the man. "Hmmm, I'll be the judge of that Willie" says Woolbeard as he examines Charles. "What're ye doin' out here any way lad?" he asks. "I was hunting near the river before your men came running out of the forest and scared away my prey, and in the confusion one of them tripped on me, causing the rest of them to charge after me, which led me to stumble into this camp you have here." Charles tells the man. The man notices Charles bow and quiver along with some waterfowl strung over his shoulder. "Ye be a tracker as well by the look of ye?" The Captain asks. "Yes sir, hunted these woods for most of my life, I would like to say I know them like the back of my hand" Charles tells him. The Captain nods and looks at the man holding Charles. "Alright to the brig with 'im Willie, put 'im to work tomorrow when we set out for the seas." Woolbeards tells him. Charles looks back towards the woods sadly as he is dragged into the ships brig.

Yawning Charles is awakened by the ring of a ladle banging against a pot. "Time to work ye' scallywags!" Yells one of the crew. The group of men drag their chains up the stairs and onto the deck, getting ready for another day of forced service on Captain Woolbeards ship. As they work a seagul swoops down and snatches away Woolbeard's favorite hat, causing him to go into a rage screaming at the crew to retrieve his hat. Charles looks up from scrubbing the deck to see the seagul high above the ship, he knows that no one on the ship can throw that high enough let alone have the skill to shoot it out of the sky. He notices one of the crew men is trying to string his bow to try and shoot the bird, dragging his chain he walks up to the man and snatches the bow and string from him and startling him in the bold action. "Ye' are going to snap the damned thing trying to string it like that!" He scolds the man, he then slips the bow between his legs and pulls the string onto the notch. Taking an arrow from the startled mans hand he knocks it onto the string and looks into the sky, sure enough the bird is still there flying high above everyones reach. He aims the arrow and releases it, the arrow soars through the sky and hits home knocking the bird out of the sky, as it plummits the captain walks right under it and it lands on his head still clutching the hat in his beak. Charles smirks and places the bow in the crew mans hand and goes back to scrubbing the deck. A few moments later he hears footsteps near him and his chain is lifted, thinking he is in trouble Charles quickly stands up ready for his lashings, surprised he sees though that his chain has been unlocked and taken off his leg. "Well lad, I believe ye are our new Striker, le'me be the first to welcome ye to the crew" Willie tells him as he hands Charles his gear that was comfiscated during his capture. "Thank ye' sir, I won't dissappoint ye' or the captain." He says while rubbing his chafed leg where the chain had been for so long.

A few months later Charles is leading the crew through unchartered lands using only his compass and a badly drawn map of the area showing the location to a temple rumored to hold untouched treasures by man. "This way looks to be like the chart tells us" He tells them. As they walk Charles hears an almost silent noise. "Quiet ye' bloody fools, I think I just heard something" He whispers. He listens once more and then he hears it, the pitter patter of many feet running through the forest. "It be an ambush!" He yells as an arrow shoots out from the trees ripping out the throat of the man next to him. They all pull out their various blades and form a circle fending off the blades of an unknown enemy. Charles notices a crack in the formation as one of the crew drops to the ground bleeding from a wound to the chest, He quickly fires an arrow into the gap dropping the man who had just killed his friend. It ends just as quickly as it had started, the attackers retreat and leave the party behind. "Well that was a hell of a fight" Laughed one of the men as he caught his breath. "Striker just get us out of here now!" Ordered Woolbeard using Charles' nickname, but then he noticed that Charles had walked ahead of the group and was just staring into the trees. "Captain, I believe I know why we were attacked, it be the temple, we've found it" Charles shouted back. The group quickly rounded up the supplies to catch up with Charles and broke through the brush and stood there standing like he was, in awe at magnificent temple completely built out of lapis and gold. "It's just like the story says Captain" spoke one of the men. "Aye that it is lad, that it is, alright boys break off what ever you can carry and lets get the hell out of here!" Yells Captain Woolbeard as he ran towards the temple.

The men all laughed and chanted songs as the Captain sat next to Charles excuses his friends from the table leaving just the two of them. "You know striker, I would like to thank ye' for bringing this grand amount of booty my ship and her crew" Woolbeard told him. "Well thank ye' sir, it be the least I can do for all that were lost finding it" Charles grinned. "Yes, I am sure they would think the same as well" He said as he slapped Charles on the back. "Now for the reason why I came to talk to ye', yer service is up Charles" He said using his real name. "I am releasing ye' from your forced service on my ship" He tells Charles with great composure, but Charles can see he is holding back his sadness at losing such a great man. "Well thank ye' kindly sir, I am glad to be my own man again, but there is just one thing left to ask" Charles says. "And that is lad?" The Captain asks. "Well sir, would ye' like to take me on as a full fledged crew worker, and a free man?" He says smirking. "Ahh Charles, I knew ye' would make the right choice an' stay" Woolbeard laughs. "What can I say sir, ye' and the crew have grown on me and I am sure none of ye' would be able to find a more suitable striker than me self!" He chuckles. The two clink their mugs and sing along with the chanting while laughing at each others stories.

A few years later after countless raids and pillages Charles was left with nothing to do but roam the port while his Captain Woolbeard's ship The Obsidian Flame was being repaired following a failed raid leaving the ship in bad repair and needing a new mast. Walking down the street Charles scanned the shops looking for a Fletcher's hut to get some spare arrows and a new string for his bow, as he spotted the shop he felt a quick and almost unoticeable tug at his belt, when he looked down he saw that his coinpurse had been cut clean off his belt. He quickly looked up to see the thief rushing through the crowd and into the closest alley, Charles ran after the thief and arrived at the alley to see the thief turn the corner at the far end. Charles sprinted down the alley way and found the other side empty, as he was just about to give up his keen eyes caught the edge of a door shut along the side of the alley, he quietly unsheathed his short bow from his shoulder sheath and cautiously walked towards the door trying to be as quiet as possible as he knocked an arrow. When he opened the door he was surprised to not only find the thief who took his coinpurse but a group of others dressed similar to the person.

"Well done sir, I must applaud you on your skills of stealth and trailing one of our best without her knowing it." Said a man who suddenly appeared right out of the shadows from a corner of the room.

"All I want are the minas that I had in that coinpurse and to leave you lot to your business." Charles stated speaking in the common dialect.

"Well here you go sir, you have earned them back tenfold." The man said as he tossed him a bag of minas larger then the one he had before. "But I must ask you, would you like put those skills to the test and work for a greater cause?"

"What kind of cause are we talking about?" Charles asked skeptically.

"The kind that would benefit all of us greatly and along the way make you absolutely rich, now what do you say, walk with the money or join the greatest association of thieves alive?"

Charles thought for a moment and decided he had plenty of time due to the ship's state in the docks. "I guess my skills could be of use, when do we start?" He said with a grin.

Personality: Quiet, calm, and patient

Motives: He yearns for the thrill of danger and everything else that comes wtih it, he loves to show off his skills as a bowman and takes pleasure in challenging his skills.

Aspirations: He would like to see what the world has to offer outside of just the forests he grew up in and to experience the thrills of a dangerous life.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Charles walks down the market streets and notices that a rich looking merchant has stopped at an equally rich stall stocked with many different kinds of jewelry and other items, as he notices this he sees that the stalls owner has walked into his stock house to get an item for the merchant. Charles quickly asseses the situation and decides that the meat vender wouldn't mind losing one of his swine, Charles unsheaths a throwing stiletto and flips it out of his cloak right into the ribs of the pig sending it into a rage startling everyone in the market, while this is happening he quickly walks up behind the merchant and swipes his coinpurse as well as a few pieces of the jewelry to be pawned off later, by the time the uproar is calmed down in the market Charles is already gone and on his way.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

The men are happily drinking and singing a song when the door creaks open and a man stumbles in looking like he is already drunk. "Mind if I joinsh ye' I thought I shmelled the shcent of a fine barrel of ale..hic!" slurred the man drunkly.

"Heh heh if you can down anymore friend looksh ash if you have had enough already." Chuckles one of the men.

"Don'tsh worry lad I haven't had enough to knock me out just yet." The drunk states and sits down and joins in on the song.

As the group continues to drink themselves silly, the man urges them to finish the current barrel of ale, a few hours later the barrel is empty and they decide to open another one, the stranger stands up slowly and trudges towards the new untapped barrel and opens it while the others sway back and forth laughing to each other. The man quickly concentrates and pulls out a little potion meant to knock out farm animals in times of labor, he pours the potion in with all the servings of ale and trudges back to the group laughing as well and slides their drinks to them. Half an hour later the men are all asleep and the man lets out a quick short burst whistle, Charles quickly drops out of the tree outside and scales up the hole in the roof, and looks inside the house noticeing as planned that all the man are asleep, he then crawls in through the hole and drops to the floor stealthily. Looking around the room he notices the glass case and walks up to it, as he gets close to it one of the men begins to stur, Charles falls to the floor and crawls towards the shadows until the man falls back asleep. Charles slowly walks up the case this time and takes out a lockpick and after a few minutes the lock clicks and the case opens up to show the scroll, Charles takes the scroll gently and leaves a thank you card and closes the case and nods to his paid associate and crawls out of the hole in the roof out into the darkness of the night.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Charles would casually walk up to the man and notice that he looks like he is parched and needs a drink, like a gentlement he would offer his water pouch and sit down next to the man as he takes his drink. As the old man is drinking Charles silently takes out a dagger and thumps the man at the base of his skull knocking him out, slumping the old man looks like he has fallen asleep to any passerby, Charles then quickly goes to work and begins to work the satchel off of the old mans shoulder and notices that the group is now only a couple hundred feet away. Being rushed Charles decides to just rip the satchel from the old mans grip and sprints in the woods as the group walks up to the unconcious man to investigate.

((Accepted,

Do you have Skype? You'll need it, its how our entire guild communicates, stays in touch and just becomes a lovely, friendly family.

Once you got skype, add me, my Skype is the same as my Forum name))

((Would being a part of another gang (Damned Queen) hinder my ability to enter my character (Kael, a safecracker and deceiver) into the group, assuming my application would be up to par?))

((No, but it will hinder your trust as you will also be loyal to another guild but it is welcome since we can open alliance agreements with this other guild))

((You may wish to speak to volutional about any alliances between his pirate group and the theives guild first or perhaps seventh who has taken second in command))

(( Yes it is. Now if people have further questions, or event invitations please Pm Myself, Dash_Rogers or CloakandDagger ))