The Covenant Of Sanctuary

HappyShackles

The Covenant of Sanctuary

This page is stained with a bit of ink that spilled onto the top left corner, but other then that it is prestine and well organized, obviously by someone well versed as a scribe.

The Old Order (The Arcane Knights)

I have been studying this old order, the Arcano Milehs (Directly translated Arcane Knights) for quite awhile now. I will now summarize what I have learned.

Gatharas the Tranquil was a human knight of extreme fame at one time. He was a champion of the Humans as a whole, and fought in the worst of wars for them. As time went on, Gatharas grew weary and disgusted by the horrors of open and deadly conflict. He retired at the age of thirty five and decided to delve into the Higher Art, magic. He was naturally gifted, it appeared, and devised a method using both offensive and defensive spells to augment his skill as a Knight. He called himself an Arcane Knight, one capable of melding magic and physical combat into one enhancing his ability to defeat even orcs in single combat.

With his studies done and his mastery of his newly developed skillset completed, he decided he had the ability to aid in the keeping of peace throughout the land. He forfeit his direct allegience to his nation, and formed the Arcane Knights. Realizing that some other nations were not fond of him, as he himself had done them great harm, he needed at least one member of the Order to originate from each race, subrace or nation. He grew mad with his age, however. He forced recruits to brand themselves with the Order's insignia, and they were beheaded if they failed before achieving Knighthood.

Only three survived the training. Rexam Bor'bocal, an Orc, Dalos Silvaen, a Wood Elf, and Zaradin Stonehearth, a dwarf. The order was never formally recognized and never grew to much fame, due to the weakness and strictness of the order. Eventually, his three companions turned on him. He forced them to flee with his much greater strength, and a dozen other orcs returned along with the three companions. They killed him, and informed all nations to strike his name absolutely from history.

That is what this journal says, Dalos Silvaen's journal.

The New Order (The Covenant of the Sanctum)

Philosophy

The Theater is the philosophy developed by me, Lorethos DeSalian. The Theater is how the world perceives you and how you perceive yourself. Six stages, or different ways to perceive a person, inhabit the Theater. Each stage is held up by three pillars.

The Theater

Wisdom

- Silence; For he who speaks too much or too out of turn is foolish.

- Temperance; For he who endulges too much and too often is foolish.

- Study; For he who does not seek to better himself and his knowledge is foolish.

Compassion

- Sympathy; For he who does not feel for the injured and broken is cruel.

- Empathy; For he who does not seek perspective of another is cruel.

- Selflessnesss; For he who does not put others before himself is cruel.

Serenity

- Respect; For he who intrudes on the business of others and violates a land's law is chaotic.

- Patience; For he who is brash and in constant rush is chaotic.

- Diplomacy; For he who lets conflicts go forth without speaking against it is chaotic.

Valiance

- Courage; For he who does not stand strong in the face of fear is feeble.

- Verity; For he who deceives with malicious intent is feeble.

- Chivlalry; For he who does not defend those who can not defend themselves is feeble.

Vigilence

- Observance; For he who permits himself to be oblivious is ignorant.

- Caution; For he who is careless is ignorant.

- Foresight; For he who does not look forward and predict is ignorant.

Diligence

- Pride; For he who does not make his work the best it can be is sluggish.

- Focus; For he who is easily distracted is sluggish.

- Obedience; For he who does not perform assigned tasks of fair nature is sluggish.

The Cycle

The Covenant of Sanctuary takes part in an operation known as The Cycle. In the Cycle, the entire Covenant except for Marshalls, the Sovereign, the Seraph, and any others who are under special conditions shall travel to each nation once each week ((OOC day.)) While in that nation, the members of the Covenant shall teach the Covenant's teachings, recommend the brightest and strongest people they find to joining the Covenant, and aid the people there how they can.

Duties

- Aid the people of that region in health with our healing, shelter in our embassies, food from our stores, and against immidiate threats such as bandits. Do not, however, aid their military force in any way if they are capable alone. We must not be seen as a part of them.

- Teach the people of the region what the Covenant lives for and what it preaches; peace and the philosophy of the Theater. Be sure they know as much about us as possible, and do not fear or dislike us if can be helped.

- Find the people of the region who are of strong heart, mind, and body and have a mind that would fit with the ideals of the Covenant. Refer them to Sanctum, where they may be evaluated by the Sovereign or Seraph and offered a position in the Covenant.

- Record the people of the region's condition, how they react to the Covenant, situations arising, occuring, or ending in that region, and all of the things the Covenant did for the people of the region in a book.

The Nations

The order of nations that will be followed in The Cycle is as follows:

Sanctum (Rest, Resupply)

New Malinor

Haelun'or

Alras

Karik

Salvus

Renatus

Hanseti

Repeat the order until the Sovereign and Seraph agree to alter it. If you are incapable of gaining entry into one of the nations or something is keeping you from proceeding, then stick to the schedule regardless.

The Oath

"I will protect to my own death those who deserve peace from those who seek to disturb it. I am a preserver of diplomacy and of tranquility. I am Serenity, Wisdom, Compassion, Valiance, Vigilence and Diligence. I now rise to the seat of ______ of Sanctuary."

The Seats

The Seat of the Sovereign of Sanctuary: Leader of the Covenant. Directs the Covenant and makes certain they don't stray from their path. Has the ability to promote and remove others from Seats as he sees is best for the Covenant. He has the power to reject or accept new members into the Covenant that the Seraph proposes. Patron to the Guardians.

The Seat of the Seraph of Sanctuary: Co-leader to the Covenant. Has all the same powers as the Sovereign. The Seraph can reject or accept a member proposed by the Sovereign into the Covenant. Matron to the Charities.

The Seat of the Guardian of Sanctuary: A male member of the Covenant who has achieved full membership and will be sent on more important missions. They may be partnered with a single Charity, and may give orders to Aides while on missions or in the Cycle.

The Seat of the Charity of Sanctuary: A female member of the Covenant who has achieved full membership and will be sent on more important missions. They may be partnered with a single Guardian, and may give orders to Aides while on missions or in the Cycle.

The Seat of the Keeper of Sanctuary: A male member of the Covenant who is considered an initiate. They are usually expected to perform more menial tasks and missions of lesser importance.

The Seat of the Aide of Sanctuary: A female member of the Covenant who is considered an initiate. They are usually expected to perform more menial tasks and missions of lesser importance.

The Seat of the Arcane Marshall: A member of the Covenant who does much traveling to keep tabs and take notes on situations and people in different nations. They are also responsible for the discovery of artifacts, ruins, and any other items of interest.

The Members

Arcane Sovereign -

The Sovereign, Lorethos D'Salian

Arcane Seraph -

The Seraph, Annabelle Cyrus

Arcane Marshall -

The Voice, Deke Valentine

The Requiem, Seth Harken

Arcane Charity -

Keya

Annabelle Eilacia

Arcane Guardian -

Hogarth Irongut

Drog'Bahr IV

Cillian Thrussel

Arcane Aide -

Melody Ohmsford

Sylvia Cyrus

Breva

Arcane Keeper -

Fierco Sian

Ambrose

Auckes Torryg

Chirr

Uniforms

In the storage room there is a large crate of uniforms for each individual rank. You are permitted to personalize them so long as you keep the basic dark color with your rank's trim and gem.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/xani/

Application

Name:

Race:

Possible Role:

Previous or Current Affiliations:

Link to Character Application:

What is Your Goal:

Why Join the Covenant?:

Wood elves are battling humans. The wood elves appear to be losing. What is your response?:

After a strenuating fight to the nail and fist, you are badly injured, but your opponent is even worse off. What course of action do you follow?:

Happy, remember to move Deke from being a Treasurer to Marshall. ;)

((Happy, I'll try to see if I can get a friend of mine (,or I might attempt it myself,) to make signatures and a few pictures for the guild.))

((Just a mistake you made Happy, it's 'Drog'Bahr IV' for Archy.))

Sovereign, the Dwarf named Tarion Blackaxe can't be found and is believed to be dead. (Banned and probably won't come back.)

This looks pretty good... I'll be watching this for now...

I have decided to turn the Arcane Guardians into a new neutral group as close to the Ascended as possible. As such, soon I will be asking all the members if they are willing to break ties with their nations and become absolutely neutral and devoted to the Covenant. Those willing to do so will be rewarded the knowledge and status as part of the most selective group of protectors of tranquility and charity in Asulon. Those who deny shall be removed from their rank and made 'Associate,' no longer an official member of the Arcane Covenant.

I, Drae'on Wyvernos, would like to join this order. I feel as though I could benefit it, as I own the Asulonian Trading Company and have been slowly expanding it all over Asulon.