Order Of The Clerics (Recruiting)

Braxis

*A letter arrives at the cleric base*

Good Clerics of Asulon,

I have been a part of the clerics for several elven weeks now yet I have not even spoken to my supposed teacher. While I can understand that there is a sortage I cannot truely be patient for ever. Therefore I request that I could be given my tasks so that I can try and complete them with the goal of becoming a cleric in the future. Please do not see this as me demanding the tasks, I just wish to be able to complete them since I truely believe that I am ready to do so.

Signed Eledyr Skyrosson

((I was on a one week vacation, I take it once I told several people no-one asked, nor was it relayed xD))

*Fengric grabs the letter hanging from the gate, unrolls it and reads.

He then writes a letter and sends his Hawk to send a letter back*

-A large Coopers Hawk drops a letter at your feet, it is addressed to you-

"The absence of my fellow Clerical Brethren is unknown to me, but I commend you in trying to remain patient, especially in how little of our appearances there have been. I myself cannot explain my disappearance, but I now can say that there will be many more sightings of those you have yet to meet. Your tasks are to be given in person, as it is much more suitable that way. But if you insist, only respond once again asking for this information to be given, whether through letter or speaking to one another.

- Paladin Fengric"

((Very well written and well organized. Damn, I would really love to join this. Sadly, I have made a vow to never fill out a magic application so seems that this wouldn't be for me. Cheers though. Hope this does well.))

*A Board is infront of the Orderhouse with several Task*

"Daily Taks's"

" Test of the Faith: Bring several others to the cloud temple alter and pray to ye faith and show them the light of the Light and its Patrons"

"Test of the Defender: Slay the spiders in the nearby spider pit in the desert behind the Orderhouse"

"Test of Pilgrimage: Head to one of the Major cities known to mans place of faith and pray to ye faith and then walk (DO NOT TAKE ANY FAST TRAVEL) with nothing but food and water and walk to the cloud temple and take a Pilgrimage"

"Other task shall be added"

((Silly Shadowgun makein an ooc post :3, and the Paladins of the Order are just fighters, some get the chance to know magic but not all))

1)MC Name & RP Name:MC: Malteserlord RP: Helgar Abdiel

2)Chosen Patron: Aerial

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to join the Clerical Order to learn about faith and how to control Temptation and Anger.

4)Race:Dark Elf

5)Flaws in Your Character:

Helgar is quick to anger when his family name is insulted

6) How long have you been on the server: Around 6 Months

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

I slowly step closer to get a better look on the event and after understanding what is going on i decide to inter vein and question the shade and slowly nudge the citizen away from the mage and make sure he gets far to safety if the mage starts to attack i will use Force and make the Mage stop his spread of fear and plague.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

I walk up to the child and talk to him and make him trust me after i would rap my leather coat around him and lead him towards the closest village around.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

I would first off all try reason with him, if he does not comply i would challenge him by drawing my sword if he does not run then i will make our swords clash together, After the fight i would make sure not to harm him but let him live and take him to the nearest town for judgement against his crimes.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive

I would question him and try convince him that he is wrong and to see the gods in a Lighter way.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

God? There is not merely one god in this realm there are many, The Gods made us to live it is up to you as the people they made to act against one another, It is the people choice to fight not the will of the gods.

1)MC Name & RP Name:

MC: Beast720 RP: Mattias Abdiel

2)Chosen Patron:

Gazardiael

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended):

I wish to join the Order so that I may overcome my short Temper and attempt to reason with people before attempting to threaten them. Also, I would like to learn more about the Aenguls and Daemons.

4)Race:

Human

Easily angered when accused of doing something he hasn't. Has a certain hatred for the Normandor Guards, which he hopes to overcome through the order.

6) How long have you been on the server:

Around 6 months.

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

Mattias walks up slowly and taps the mage on the shoulder. The Shade would turn around and most probably utter something along the lines of “What do you want?” Mattias would then go on to ask the Shade what he was doing, as he does he would motion to the citizen to escape while he was talking to the Shade. After the citizen runs off the Shade would most likely turn around and see the citizen was now gone. Getting rather furious the shade would most probably turn around to attack Mattias, when he turns around he would find that Mattias has departed to go and make sure the citizen is safe.

Mattias walks up to the child and offers him/her his tunic. After doing this he would kneel down next to the child and ask him/her where his/her parents are.

Possible scenario 1: If the child said that he was lost and didn't know his way back, Mattias would offer to take the child back to his city, where he/she could be reunited with his/her parents. Mattias would pick up the child and carry the child to the city, on the way offering the child some food. Returning to the city Mattias would pass the child to his/her parents and tell the parents that they should try to watch the child more closely, as it could of ended much worse then it did.

Possible scenario 2: The child says that he does not have any parents. Mattias would offer to take the child to the nearest city, or the child’s place of choice. Mattias would pick up the child and carry him/her to the city. On the way offering the child food. After arriving in the city Mattias would ask if anyone was willing to adopt a child. After many people refusing Mattias would most probably bring the child back to the Cleric base, choosing to raise the child himself and teaching the child about the the Aenguls and Daemons.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

Mattias stops and looks at the bandit. Mattias asks him why he is doing this. The bandit would most probably glare at Mattias and utter something like “Last chance, your minas or your life.” Mattias looks upon the man, "Material wealth will not help you when you die one day. I do not value my own live and would rather others live to show the way to the light after I have gone. I pray to Gazardiael that he will bless you with a new beginning." Reaches into his pocket and hands the Bandit his pouch of minas. The Bandit slowly takes the money and considered what Mattias has said. He then pushes past Mattias and walks off deep in thought. Mattias continues on his way.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

Mattias would approach the man. “Why do you say such things? Iblees drove us from our homes. That is not the truth. Aeriel and the true God gave us a new place to live. Gazardiael blessed us with a new beginning. Tis not the truth what you speak. You do not see that we were driven from Aegis for a reason. That reason is that if we were not driven from Aegis we would not be here, in the beautiful land of Asulon. We would not be here if it wasn't for that. Believe in what you will but do not put down other peoples faith.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

Mattias would respond: “ To test our faith in him. Everything happens for a reason. God does what he must to ensure that we can live our lives to the fullest. Life is not always the way it seems, and God does not want to give us everything or else we will be lazy and do nothing with our lives. He will not always make us suffer. He will soon bring blessing that will take away our suffering, as long as you trust fully in him then you cannot go astray. God has the answer to anything, you must just be patient. Do not question God as he does what he must. Also, do not test the creator, for those who test him have little faith. Show that your trust in him and the suffering will stop, and many blessing will fall over you.”

1)MC Name & RP Name:MC: Malteserlord RP: Helgar Abdiel2)Chosen Patron: Aerial3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to join the Clerical Order to learn about faith and how to control Temptation and Anger.4)Race:Dark Elf5)Flaws in Your Character:Helgar is quick to anger when his family name is insulted6) How long have you been on the server: Around 6 MonthsScenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]I slowly step closer to get a better look on the event and after understanding what is going on i decide to inter vein and question the shade and slowly nudge the citizen away from the mage and make sure he gets far to safety if the mage starts to attack i will use Force and make the Mage stop his spread of fear and plague.8) You see a small child shivering in the snow. I walk up to the child and talk to him and make him trust me after i would rap my leather coat around him and lead him towards the closest village around.9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.I would first off all try reason with him, if he does not comply i would challenge him by drawing my sword if he does not run then i will make our swords clash together, After the fight i would make sure not to harm him but let him live and take him to the nearest town for judgement against his crimes.10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to surviveI would question him and try convince him that he is wrong and to see the gods in a Lighter way.11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" God? There is not merely one god in this realm there are many, The Gods made us to live it is up to you as the people they made to act against one another, It is the people choice to fight not the will of the gods.

1)MC Name & RP Name:MC: Beast720 RP: Mattias Abdiel2)Chosen Patron:Gazardiael 3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended):I wish to join the Order so that I may overcome my short Temper and attempt to reason with people before attempting to threaten them. Also, I would like to learn more about the Aenguls and Daemons.4)Race:Human5)Flaws in Your Character:Easily angered when accused of doing something he hasn't. Has a certain hatred for the Normandor Guards, which he hopes to overcome through the order.6) How long have you been on the server:Around 6 months.Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages] Mattias walks up slowly and taps the mage on the shoulder. The Shade would turn around and most probably utter something along the lines of “What do you want?” Mattias would then go on to ask the Shade what he was doing, as he does he would motion to the citizen to escape while he was talking to the Shade. After the citizen runs off the Shade would most likely turn around and see the citizen was now gone. Getting rather furious the shade would most probably turn around to attack Mattias, when he turns around he would find that Mattias has departed to go and make sure the citizen is safe.8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.Mattias walks up to the child and offers him/her his tunic. After doing this he would kneel down next to the child and ask him/her where his/her parents are. Possible scenario 1: If the child said that he was lost and didn't know his way back, Mattias would offer to take the child back to his city, where he/she could be reunited with his/her parents. Mattias would pick up the child and carry the child to the city, on the way offering the child some food. Returning to the city Mattias would pass the child to his/her parents and tell the parents that they should try to watch the child more closely, as it could of ended much worse then it did.Possible scenario 2: The child says that he does not have any parents. Mattias would offer to take the child to the nearest city, or the child’s place of choice. Mattias would pick up the child and carry him/her to the city. On the way offering the child food. After arriving in the city Mattias would ask if anyone was willing to adopt a child. After many people refusing Mattias would most probably bring the child back to the Cleric base, choosing to raise the child himself and teaching the child about the the Aenguls and Daemons. 9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.Mattias stops and looks at the bandit. Mattias asks him why he is doing this. The bandit would most probably glare at Mattias and utter something like “Last chance, your minas or your life.” Mattias looks upon the man, "Material wealth will not help you when you die one day. I do not value my own live and would rather others live to show the way to the light after I have gone. I pray to Gazardiael that he will bless you with a new beginning." Reaches into his pocket and hands the Bandit his pouch of minas. The Bandit slowly takes the money and considered what Mattias has said. He then pushes past Mattias and walks off deep in thought. Mattias continues on his way.10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. Mattias would approach the man. “Why do you say such things? Iblees drove us from our homes. That is not the truth. Aeriel and the true God gave us a new place to live. Gazardiael blessed us with a new beginning. Tis not the truth what you speak. You do not see that we were driven from Aegis for a reason. That reason is that if we were not driven from Aegis we would not be here, in the beautiful land of Asulon. We would not be here if it wasn't for that. Believe in what you will but do not put down other peoples faith. 11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" Mattias would respond: “ To test our faith in him. Everything happens for a reason. God does what he must to ensure that we can live our lives to the fullest. Life is not always the way it seems, and God does not want to give us everything or else we will be lazy and do nothing with our lives. He will not always make us suffer. He will soon bring blessing that will take away our suffering, as long as you trust fully in him then you cannot go astray. God has the answer to anything, you must just be patient. Do not question God as he does what he must. Also, do not test the creator, for those who test him have little faith. Show that your trust in him and the suffering will stop, and many blessing will fall over you.”

*A Bird appears at your head with a note attached to its feet upon takeing the note and reading it you read*

"Ye have been accpted into the Order of the Clerics, If ye wish to be a Paladin seek Fengric (BoxofDog) If ye seek to be Cleric Seek Hosper or the War_Cleric((Hosper or jroy96)) But be weary of the War_Cleric."

Rorik sits peacefully beneath the shade of a large birch tree near the path from the outskirts of the Cloud temple. He has a stray parchment and quill out, thinking to himself of how this letter should go. Mumbling words under his beard, he begins to right out on the paper. When finished, he signs, then rolls up the parchment tightly before tying it with a piece of string. Rising to his feet, Rorik gently places the letter into his side pack and heads back to the Cloud Temple. The journey was short and not much seen from a few travelers, a guard or two, and even a small caravan with a heavy smell of apples. Finally arriving, Rorik looks for where the hawks are kept to send his message. Locating one, he pays the small fee, and the courier ties the letter to the foot of the hawk and sends it off to the target.

A day passes before the letter reaches it's destination. The hawk approaches an open window, landing on the edge and lets out an audible squawk and awaits for someone to remove the letter.

The letter reads:

"Dear Order of the Clerics,

First off, greetings and well met. I hope my word of joining your order has arrived upon your ears and you have not forgotten me. I have been sitting patiently among the Cloud Temple awaiting response, sometimes traveling to Mount Ire for supplies and peace, nothing like stone all around to make you feel safe.

Not much has happened since you have last heard of me, did see a couple of Orcs play keep-away with Humans helmet. As entertaining it was, I did jump in to help but my short stature didn't help at all of course. They kept up their game for another ten minutes before they got bored.

Anyways, I don't wish to bore you with the small details of happenings. I will still be around the Cloud Temple as mentioned. Send a bird with a reply and I hope to be hearing back from your order soon.

Signed,

Rorik, son of Yimel"

1)MC Name & RP Name:

Z3r05t4r (Z three R zero five T four R), Godwein_Stafyr

2)Chosen Patron:

Ogradhad - The dwarven lore master

3)Reason For Joining:

In reference to the past two years, Godwein knew that he had to find something to fill his life with. After suffering under severe depressions for more than four years, an encounter with a lich queen actually gave him the hint what he should seek for and aspire. Upon visiting the Silver City seeking for guidance, he was given the order by an elf to find the answers to his questions. Knowledge and wisdom. Throughout the past time, Godwein dedicated himself to this quest strongly and wrote a few books, starting his study of the being, perhaps becoming his most important work of life.

4)Race:

Human, no subrace.

Godwein is overly cautious and prefers to avoid any conflict possible. Also he has a fear of magic, although it fascinates him at the same time, but the fascination is restricted to normal magic, not the dark arts of it. As for his reasons to join, he also wishes to overcome his fear of itself, and be able to stand calm in the face of dark arts.

As for his desire of knowledge he can sometimes become annoyingly questioning, such as an seeker of answers he is. And once he is talking, he keeps talking like a waterfall. Literally.

6)How long have you been on the server:

For 2 months by now.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen.

After a few moments of consideration Godwein closes in, to talk up to the Shade, asking him for his reasons to harass the citizen. Perhaps as an distraction, or perhaps for a proper discussion and conversation Godwein tries to engage the Shade into talking with him. The citizen may have the chance to escape while Godwein distracts the Shade of course.

If this is not the case, Godwein still tries to convince the Shade to leave without the use of force, as Godwein prefers the way of diplomacy and negotiations. He is mainly doing this in order to reduce the amount of suffering people and casualities in this world, beating opponents by speech and not by force.

Godwein rushes up to the child, giving him a/his coat. "Everything will be alright, young fellow.." Handing the child something to eat, Godwein takes it on his back. "Try to rest now, I will bring you to a better place than here in this frozen landscape." So Godwein heads to the next town or tavern where he may find a place to stay. Together he will stay with the child for some time, until it has gotten better, so he may bring it to a place where there are parents willing to pick him up. If the kid still has parents though, Godwein will attempt to find them, to bring them back their child.

Godwein looks the bandit in the eyes to then ask him: "A bandit must have his reasons to rob from people, such as me."

Bandit: "Screw you, now hand me your valuables or you will see how the dirt looks underground!"

The bandits shakes his falchion around a bit while closing in.

Godwein slightly steps back, saying: "If there is pure evil within you, you will fall someday, you must know. But if you are evil for the time of need, then you shall be helped.. "

Godwein pulls out a purse with Minas, but not holding it out to the bandit.

Scenario One:

The bandit's face fills with slight desperation as he sees the purse. This expression is what Godwein was waiting for. The expression of one, who is in need and has no other choice than doing evil.

Godwein: "Your face tells me that you are one in need. So you shall be helped."

The bandit looks confused and angry at Godwein, stepping in again. Godwein doesn't move.

Godwein: "I hope it will help you to overcome the times of difficulty, but you must try again to find honest work and something to live off and to perhaps feed your family without harming others. If there is no way, so you may surely find one who can help you with surviving the rough times."

With a smile Godwein hands the purse to bandit, who with a lowered knife takes it. After a moment of silence the bandit asks: "Who are you?"

Godwein: "A seeker of answers."

Confused the bandit steps down the road, shaking his head.

Scenario Two:

Pure greed is visible on the face of the bandit on the sight of the purse. Godwein frowns slighty and says: "Remember my words. You still have a chance to return, but next time you might be unlucky."

Bandit: "Ha! Whatever you say, stupid.. what are you? Some whiny monk, priest? As long as you give me your fat purse I shall have no problems in life."

Godwein throws the purse at the bandit's feet, who greedingly grabs it and runs off. Godwein's face is made of stone as he says: "You will fall."

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

Godwein walks up to the person directly and asks: "Why Iblees?"

Person: "The others let the people suffer! Can't you see it?"

Godwein: "Hm, doesn't Iblees do that as well?"

Person: "What?"

Godwein: "Presumably Iblees is called an evil goddess. It is known that she and her minions let the people suffer everywhere.. I don't know how you come to saying that Iblees the only way to survive is, but Iblees is for this case, sadly the wrong choice."

Person: "Ah yes, and who are you, you better-knowing fat ****?"

Godwein: "My name is unimportant for this, I merely wish to hint, that Iblees may not kill you, but horribly shortens your lifespan. As for the other patrons, you must believe in them and ask for their help or they won't be able to help you."

Person: "Like asking would get me anywhere.. 'excuse me, please be a good patron and grant me a chest of minas'.."

Godwein: "Help others and you will be helped. That is how the patrons help us."

With a smile Godwein leaves the man on the marketplace.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?".

Godwein smiles at the person and says: "Please, this is a good question, so have a seat."

The person and Godwein sit down on a bench and Godwein continues: "So you wish to know why God lets people suffer?"

Person: "Yes! He is cruel, letting all this happen.. everywhere the people are dying and he doesn't move a finger. Evil forces are sprawling about everywhere, the nights are filled with the creatures of Iblees.."

Godwein: "Hm... it is true, what you say and a mere mortal human like me might not give you the perfect answer onto this, as I am not God himself. But if you wish to hear an answer, so I shall give you one.."

After a brief pause, he continues: "You see, the world as it exists was created by God or the Creator how he is often called.. under these creations he or perhaps she made, there were the beings. Living beings, as humans, elves, dwarves and many more.."

Person: "But what has this to do with my question??"

Godwein: "Please, listen. The creation of a life gives this life and this living being a duty it needs to fulfill. A place in the line of fate. The actions and doings, encounters, meetings and all the things one does in his life are probably pre-determined by fate. Nobody knows, since nobody can foresee the future. Sadly though, with the creation there was also evil being created, but as to say, evil wasn't evil to begin with.

Good and evil are points of view, named and decided by the common sense of the people. There are few evil people who aren't really evil. What they do and decide is to the favor of themselves and their own people, while they let other people suffer.. Unwanted evil in this respect. Such as on the other hand there are, of course, pure evil beings, in aim for profit and power.

Now to your question... God lets this happen, to give us a duty to fulfill. To fight against evil, to help, to exist and live. A mission for life, one would say."

Godwein smiles, as the person stands up and leaves in thoughts.

*A note is posted in the order house*

Greetings Fellow Clerics and Paladin's

I Hosper am very sorry for my previous absence and any troubles it may have caused you. If you are of the right intent then I am now ready to help you on your way to the path of light through the patrons. If you wish to be educated as a Cleric please leave a notice (( A forum PM if you could)) and I shall see to it that we can arrange a time for your training to begin.

May the patrons guide you in your actions

Hosper

(( Okay quick OOC I am working on my teacher's magic app so that I will actually be able to teach you all cleric magic. This may take 1-2 days due to work and I want to get it spot on the first time. Sorry for all the waiting I am making you endure I assure you it shall be worth it.))

((Alright this is just getting ridiculous. I applied on July 2nd and waited patiently. Even sent an In-Character message on Page 16 with no response either. It is just getting really frustrating with no word on anything what so ever.))

((Alright this is just getting ridiculous. I applied on July 2nd and waited patiently. Even sent an In-Character message on Page 16 with no response either. It is just getting really frustrating with no word on anything what so ever.))

You were included with the mutile accpted Post, for the others. You were cut off it seems I Shall fix it ASAP))

((As I sadly need to point out, I am waiting for more than a week by now.. Merely mentioning that I wrote an application, so if you would like to take a look at it, page 16, third-last post.))

((Look, I know you are all feeling very impatient, which I understand. But listen, a lot of us can't actually accept your applications, or do anything about it except support it in some way. Jroy/Uthor has a lot of stuff to do on the server, he is dealing with Oren politics and other time consuming tasks within RP, he also has a life to take care of himself, and so does everyone else. If I am given permission to accept applications and deny them, I will certainly look over it and take care of it all. But for now just wait, that is what I did.))

*Fengric is getting a bit tired of the peoples impatience, but tries to keep it out of his head. He then writes a post on the wall*

"All Pupils and those who wish to join our Order, you are to talk to High Cleric Hosper, or Paladin Fengric if you wish to take care of any training or becoming one of our Pupils yourself. All applications will be taken care of by those who have the authority. At the moment anyone with that permission is currently unavailable. Thank you for your patience.

- Paladin Fengric"

((Reread You application making the Rp response here since it easier))

--ACCEPTED--

*A Bird drops off a note by your feet*

Greetings, The patrons have asked me to seek ye out to join the Clerical order if ye wish to do so. Then seek HIgh Cleric Hosper (Hosper) Or Paladin Fengric (Boxofdog)