Pirates Of Skullport Cove

Grabthar

Forum Name: Phelrin

In Character Name: ChAnKoEr

How long have you been on the server: Since August

How many characters have you played in that time: 1, I've been a true Dwarf since the beginning

Link to your ACCEPTED Villain App: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/43626-chankoers-va-markus-aran/

It's currently not accepted yet. I have talked to Grabthar, and he has made an exception in this instance

Link to your Server Application: Deleted awhile ago

Lets see your pirate skin:

FOsHs.png

Currently this skin is rather lacking in detail, and more will likely added soon

Backstory of your character and why he should join the crew.(2-4 paragraphs): My bio from my VA

Markus Aran was born into a fairly well respected family in Al'khazar. His mother died in child-birth, and his was left to be raised by his father. His father, Thomas Aran, was a well respected map maker, who specialized in naval charts and diagrams. Naturally, he taught his profession to his son, who took an unusual interest in the career. Markus was fascinated with the sea as a child, and dreamed of exploring and mapping out the lands far from Aegis. However, events that followed soon made this dream appear as a farfetched fantasy

One day, Markus was sitting in his room, when he heard voices coming from the street below. Being an inquisitive young boy, Markus naturally look out the window to see what they were talking about. He overheard the following conversation:

"I don't like this, I don't like this one bit!"

"Shut up Bill, you bloody idiot!"

"Shut up your self! I just can't feel right going through with this."

"Your a fool! You know that Enor must killed, just as well as I do."

"Your be right I do, but I just can't live with myself having to assassinate the king."

"Speak for yourself, but I can't even live under Enor. If he be here much longer, I'll be waking up on some stone tablet, waiting to be eaten for some Undead ritual."

"Aye, your right. Enor must be dealt with."

"I'm glad I could talk some sense into you! Whats your plan?"

"Enor's giving a speech in the town square tomorrow. I reckon we could...."

Just then, Markus slipped, knocking a small map out of the window. The man "Bill" saw the movement, and quickly looked up. Markus ducked his head back into his room, but not before the two men saw him. He ran down the stairs and told his father what he overheard. His father jumped up, and ran towards the door saying, "I must go warn the king". Markus looked towards the door just soon enough to see his father get puched in the gut, and thrown to the floor. He ran towards his father, then suddenly, one of the conspirators grabbed. He punched Markus in the face, and sent him crashing against the wall. The last thing he remembered was the feeling of someone throwing him over their shoulder.

Markus awoke to the sounds of screams of complete dread. He was in a dark room, most likely underground. Though scared more that anytime in his short life, he recognized that the sounds were the screams of his father. He cried for his father at the top of his lungs, but he was unable to understand any reply. Suddenly, the screams stopped. Markus was left in a morbid silence, which seemed to him to be the most grueling time of his life. The silence was soon anwsered by the sound of footsteps walking down stairs. It was the two men from earlier. One of them was carrying a keg of ale over his shoulder, while the other held a torch in one hand and was dragging an unidentifiable mass. One of the men began to speak

"Hey kid! You better learn to mind your own business. Guess it doesn't matter know though, your daddy's here to pick you up."

One of the men tossed the mass toward Markus. It landed on him, and he quickly pushed it off him. Markus began crying a mix of screams and tears, as he knew what the mass was. Although he could identify it by its appearance, he knew it was his father. It was coverd in stray flesh and blood, and looked more like an undead pig-beast than anything remotely human. Markus's captors began to laugh menacingly

"Whats the matter, your looking a bit distraught? Hmmm....I know, perhaps your thirsty!"

The man with the torch dropped it, and ran to grab Markus's arms. The man with the keg proceeded to hack it open, and pour the contents of it down Markus's throat. These men were attempting to drown Markus in ale! The drink repulsed Markus, but he could not help but drink it, less it goes down his lungs. Markus was about to give up the will to survive, when a tremendous tremor shuck through the entire room. "What was that?", one of them exclaimed, as they ran back up the stairs. Markus was to busy coughing and hacking the ale out of his lung to hear the screams and the lightning strikes taking place outside

As soon as Markus regained himself, he ran up the stair. The house he was in was apparently wooden, as it had burned to the ground. Still crying, Markus ran out of the city, not noticing the two charred bodies he ran past on the way out

Markus left the smell of rotting wood, burning flesh, and sulphur behind him. He ran as fast as he could until he began to stop crying. Suddenly, he felt a strange feeling corse through his body. He begame confused, as he had never felt this feeling before. It was as if he wanted something, no needed something urgently. He noticed a tavern up in the distance, and he ran towards it. While the bartender was distracted, he ran to the back room. He quickly searched it, until he found what his body so desperately craved. To his amazement, it was ale, the disgusting liquid forced down his throat. He lapped up a handful of the substance, and then quickly spit it out. "This tastes awful!", he thought to himself. However, he couldn't stop drinking more and more of the ale. He finally got to the point to were he thought his stomach was about to burst, and he ran out of the tavern crying. "What is happening to me?", he thought to himself, as he cried himself to sleep

Years later, Markus is much older and wiser. He has become nothing more than a common bandit in his attempt to feed his addiction. One day, he is walking by the Cloud Temple, when he feels another tremor similar to the one he felt as a child. He watched as the Cloud Temple crumbled before his very eyes. Doing what he has learn to do best over the years, he runs. He runs as trees burst into flame, as buildings crumble, and as the earth shakes. The full force of the Nether has been unleased on Aegis, and Markus is in the middle of it. As he is running, he notices a boat sitting in the ocean, close to the road. It is small enough that he will be able to steer it, but large enough that he will be able to make good speed. He unfurls the sails and casts off, watching Aegis burn behind him

Markus wakes up on a strange island, remembering nothing about his journey. He sees the shattered shards of his ships scattered across the beach. Markus looks up, and sees a strange man staring back down at him. As far as Markus can tell, he doesn't seem to be of any definite race. Before Markus blacks out again, he hears a broken strain of a few words "Willie......look...take....bed"

Markus wakes up in a strange room. As he sits up, he notices a man sitting next a fireplace. The man introduced himself as "Barnabas". Before the man can say anymore, however, Markus interrupts and asks for an ale. An ale is brought and Markus begins to talk with Barnabas. As the conversation progresses, Markus tells the man about his life story. Barnabas sits back and thinks for a moment. "Hmm....you seem to have lived quite a life. I may have a proposition that will be benifitial to the both of us."

What type of MAJOR RP have you participated in on this server: As far as major RP is concerned, I don't think I have really done much. I have participated in more Dwarven politics, but nothing in my eyes seems like major RP

References(at least 2 good references to your RP ability. Yes, I will be contacting them): Hiebe and Thrym (MC: Noobcrafter14)

Unfortunately I have seen a lot of unoriginality in this post, however I am willing to let you use the "Pirate" tag.

"Willing" to let them use if? They can be pirates as much as they want, you have nO rights over the term. Don't come in here all high and mighty like that, some people might take you to be a jerk.

Unfortunately I have seen a lot of unoriginality in this post, however I am willing to let you use the "Pirate" tag.

Care to explain this unorigianality? Also we can be pirates no matter what you say.

Of course you can, don't get me wrong. But what I mean is you have names like Blackbeard. Skullport is a fantasy book and the rank system is typical.

You asked me to explain, and I did.

However, I have already told you how I approve of other pirates being on the server.

Plus, I did not mean to put it so bluntly, yet I don't see how I am here all high and mighty, I gave some constructive criticism, unfortunately you didn't see it that way.

I have nothing against any of you, I didn't mean to say it as it seemed.

Just the way you said kinda annoyed me, like you own the rights to pirates on this server. Blackbeard was actually created by GMs and had left traces of himself in the pirate cove that we now inhabit. I know that you did not mean it that way but the way you said it made it seem that way. Sorry if I overreacted I'm looking forward to some interesting role-play with your crew.

If anything I over reacted when I seen Blackbeard in the lore. I apologise, good luck.

Of course you can, don't get me wrong. But what I mean is you have names like Blackbeard. Skullport is a fantasy book and the rank system is typical.

You asked me to explain, and I did.

However, I have already told you how I approve of other pirates being on the server.

Plus, I did not mean to put it so bluntly, yet I don't see how I am here all high and mighty, I gave some constructive criticism, unfortunately you didn't see it that way.

I have nothing against any of you, I didn't mean to say it as it seemed.

Sorry if it seems unoriginal. I agree, but the name Blackbeard was on signs in the port when we found it. That's the only reason i am using it. Also i used the universal terms of crew members used by nearly all pirates through history. I modified duties and requirements to make them Minecraft friendly but the basic overview is based on Caribbean Pirate lore.

The name Skullport was not from a book that i knew of. I actually took it from my days playing dungeons and dragons. It was the name of a small pirate infested town off the Sword Coast in Faerun. My MC name is swordcoast25 so i liked the connection. Also, when we found this port in Asulon, there was a large skull carved into the mountainside. Therefore the name Skullport fit quite nicely.

I know you didn't mean these posts to be hostile. I still love you Vol. Trust me, I am trying to make this an original pirate crew that falls into the Pirates of the Caribbean template. I hope you understand. But thank you for your constructive criticism. I always accept it.

*Willard walks around the cove aimlessly looking for his crew-mates. He then takes a large sip from his mug and shouts.*

It is time to return from your adventures at sea, back to the cove. A meeting between all crew-mates should be held to discuss what will come in the future. To grow as pirates we must finish our damn boot all ye scallywags better get yer areses to work and finish the boat. Return to the cove and let us take orders from out captain.

[[Meeting tomorow and around 7pm EST?]]

Aye... A meetin we need, there be plans that should be set inte motion.

Good.. wee'll meet in the tavern and have a few Ales.. do it right. Gaaaaaarrrrr!

If I ever get bored if my character at the moment, I have high smithing, and can be the "Gunner"

Above post is OOC