[Complete] Asulonian Fishing Competition

ULTRA LORD

Event Planners, MC Names: Myself, a few others willing to help and support this event.

Event Date: Must be decided upon if event is considered.

Event Type: Friendly, fun, competitive.

Players/Nations effected by the event: Everyone willing to participate

Event Location: I have a few different location ideas. I will rate them from my favorite to least favorite.

1. Alras Port, the many docks will allow numerous fishing stations!

2. The shores by Salvus's shipyard, open plains will provide more than enough room for fishing stations, but shallow waters may harm the competition.

3. Holm. Holm is an island, and could support more than enough fishing stations. However, it is quite cold, and the ice may be a problem.

4. Malinor's coastlines, these could house many players and stations, but is far from the cloud temple.

Summary: The Asulonian Fishing Competition, or contest, would be an Asulon-scale event. Each nation and city is pitted against eachother in a friendly contest! This is optional, nations or cities do not need to participate if they don't want to. Fishing stations are set up along the selected location, and the nation to reel in the most fish wins! The prizes? Read on to see!

The rules: There are a few major rules to comply with. The two biggest rules are: NO BRINGING PRE-CAUGHT FISH, and NO STEALING FROM COMPETITORS! Basically, no cheating allowed. Your character must be able to wield a fishing pole and use it effectively. Also, you are required to stay in your fishing station. Fishing stations are fenced "plots" on the docks or ground. Each nation or city participating has a fishing station. Inside a station would be:

• Chests to store the fish caught
  • Tents for taking breaks
  • Chairs by the coastline for agile fishermen to claim first

Contestants are not permitted to leave their fishing station, to prevent cheating.

The Competition: Spectators crowd around outside the stations, and a small tent market is set up for merchants to sell leisure or food items to needy spectators. The announcer (Me, or a selected person, must be a favored RP'er) will initiate the competition. After it is started, every member of every station runs past the starting line up to the shore. They cast out, and reel up as many fish as they can! When a fish is caught, it is deposited into the chests. When the time is up, the fish in each station's chest are counted. Whichever station has the most wins! Then, the winner is announced, and cheers or jeers may commence.

The prizes: Small prizes will be given to each participant of the winning nation, such as a bar of iron, some minas, ect. All fish collected by every station go to the winning nation or city, this is included in the large prizes. The large prizes are given to the nation or city's ruler, and he/she may evenly distribute the fish throughout their people. The large prizes, besides the fish, will be decided in the future, as I have no idea what is considered unfair or overpowered.

Other Information: I would like feedback upon this. Each nation's leader must be notified of this event (through RP reasoning) and then will be able to decide if participating or not. Please edit this if needed, and leave suggestions or fixes as I will be sure to put them in. Thank you for reading!

-Oddn Dimitri

Hello I'm leader of Normandor, Malinors capital. I think this is a really fun idea. If you can get enough people I would love to host. I would even throw a little bit of prize money. As for the distance we have a fast travel boat set up to the main land directly across the sea from Normandor to the west. Just hop on the boat and you'll get sent to Normandors docks.

Can't right now I'm not around my computer. You can always PM me though on the forum.

Hello I'm leader of Normandor, Malinors capital. I think this is a really fun idea. If you can get enough people I would love to host. I would even throw a little bit of prize money. As for the distance we have a fast travel boat set up to the main land directly across the sea from Normandor to the west. Just hop on the boat and you'll get sent to Normandors docks.

Great! We'll need some minimal building materials like wood for the fences, and wool for the tents. I think we need an admin's approval before we begin, they could also help us broadcast and get people there that can't make the boat, much like the Gauntlet.

It says error Array I cant message you.

I believe to make it work, you'll have to fill in a subject

I had tossed around ideas about setting up a fishing competition...accept I thought to make it more interesting and make 1x1 pools and you had to skillfully land your lure into them to even be able to fish. Could be up on a platform, or off in the distance. Anyone can sit and collect fish all day, a truly skillful fisher knows when and how to approach her prey. Also kuddos for anyone that demonstrates good Fishing RP.

Great! We'll need some minimal building materials like wood for the fences, and wool for the tents. I think we need an admin's approval before we begin, they could also help us broadcast and get people there that can't make the boat, much like the Gauntlet.

Wonderful. PM me in the forums so we can do over details.

I would like to know if you are still interested in making this event happen, if so, :) We can get this thang started.

I Owner of Nectar Island support your Idea.