[Complete] The Asulon Markets

Lirinya

lr6vc.png

~Event Planners, MC Names~

Brayden Roze [Roze] and Lorena Riley [kittenaid]. As this would be RPly run, but from an OOC point of view, those who would be involved would be the GM team. With the two of us to start as we set things up, and then others would have the option to take part in maintaining the town if they wished. In the construction, it may be possible that we will acquire the help of Gruezilla, Brokencrowe and Kaiser. This is subject to their agreement.

~Event Type~

The Asulon Markets - The bringing together the people of Asulon would be a global ‘event’ area which would not have a duration, it would instead be a more permanent area accessible at all times.

~Event Date~

One week after ‘acceptance’. It would take a small few days to build, and weeks notice to players.

~Factions/Nations effected by the event~

The whole of Asulon. This area would be a market place for everybody in Asulon to come and visit. The Monks [NPCs] would guide people towards the area. The area will be maintained and organized by the Roze family and their accomplices.

~Event Location~

http://scr.hu/0fz/q4i26 - Somewhere close to spawn and the boats. Meaning it would be easy for players to come too and from. Fast travel is an option in terms of horses as it is on land.

~Summery~

*Brayden Roze contacts the Monks of the Cloud Temple out of curiosity. he approaches them with this new idea...*

“Monks, I bring to you, this idea of mine. A way in which we can unite the people of Asulon by trade. Bringing them from the corners of the lands into one area, where they may converse and barter to their hearts content. Not so many years ago the Cloud Temple once housed a small market area, on its first opening many Asulonians came to sell their wares. This is something I wish to re create with your aid. I wish for a piece of land not too far away. A desert. Untouched. There I would build and maintain a market place, one much bigger than the last.

There would be no homes but hopefully horses to take the travellers back to the temple and the boats. The stalls would be rented to ensure that those who owned them, did not forget.

I would strive to maintain this ‘town’ as best as possible, using the land as resourcefully as I can. I would take residence within the town in a small manor, enabling me to be watching over the progression of the markets.

Mull the idea over, and let me know your ideas”

*Brayden heads back towards the desert, when he begins to plan a construction of a stone statue of himself in the back of his mind*

[OOC]

Note: This would not be a one off event, rather an area that would constantly stay open and accessible at all times. RPly we are only there to help and watch over.

Already stated, the market place would be for everybody in Asulon. A dedicated area of trade for all players, old and new. With the new stats system in place, people need to trade more, whether this be for resources to craft with, or sell the tools you can create. The stalls would be rented on an irl two week basis, this would not be for profit, but to ensure those who rented stayed active. If they did not pay, the stall would made available to somebody else.

These following rules were written on an OOC basis, which explains how the market ‘town’ would run.

As stated RPly the town will take no tax. You will be able to rent stalls temporarily, as to avoid inactivity. You can either have the stalls RP - i.e have somebody there to sell or use chest shops. This is up to you. However, if everybody uses chest shops, and RP starts to drop because of this, for example simply leaving the chest shops on their own and not coming to RP, using chest shops will be an option removed. Remember: We want to encourage RP. Whilst trading with chest shops is beneficial, you should come and spend some time in the town RPing with potential customers.

You will be responsible for locking your own chests. Each stall will have its own region, from ground level to 6 blocks up. No basements and no editing of stalls is allowed, except from adding signs and changing the colour of the wool.

Rent will be paid for the stall every two irl weeks. IF you have not paid rent on time then your chests and content will be removed and placed in storage. To pay your rent you must try and contact Brayden Roze [Roze] or Lorena Riley [kittenaid] RPly, if you cannot get hold of either of them, PM them on the forums in an RP format i.e a letter or note.

The use of NPCs within stalls are allowed and encouraged. They must however follow these rules: Their dialogue must be RP. Any dialogue found that isn’t rp, for example using modern jargon and foul language is not allowed. Trolly npcs are also not allowed. If you have an NPC in a stall and have become inactive, the npc will be removed. If it was wearing armour or items, you will not be refunded for these on removal. So keep that in mind. NPCs are not a ticket out of coming to RP in the town.

OOC should be kept to a minimum. If you need to barter prices with people, do it ICly. If any OOC is found to be happening you will be warned, repeat offenders will have higher consequences. If there is requirement for OOC debate, keep it to tells.

You must keep in character at all times, obviously. This includes villains. However, if a villain was, for example to pick lock a storage chest in a stall, the RP MUST be watched by either Roze or kittenaid. If the owner of the stall is online, they will be contacted to inform them of the RP. Either way, RP signs will be posted. If the thief wishes to steal small amounts, then that will be taken from the players chests, if they wish to take larger amounts then some will be taken from payer chests, and some from a storage owner by ourselves.

The rules are included to maintain how the town is run. If RP begins to die down, it will need to be fixed and things changed to ensure the RP continues. We want players to have somewhere definite and stable to trade with one another. Where we can all meet up, fine new roleplay. It does not necessarily need to be trade related. If we use our imaginations, anything could come from a small trading area.

~Concept Images/Screenshots~

Typical style market stalls. Simple and small on resources.

22ba4514b4a576572576a1e28a89a683.jpg?127

http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/3/3c/Area-Denerim_Market_District.jpg

You moved it I see xD

Anyways I don't see anything wrong with this event as long as people keep rp'ing.

Yeah I couldn't initially find this thread....I don't even.

Edit: Yes well, if we find people start using chest shops without the RP it's pointless. So if that does happen, the option to have chest shops will either be removed or moderatored heavily. Only allowing them to have certain amounts of items at once perhaps.

The whole idea of this is to encourage RP by trying to bring in the skills restrictions. Smiths can buy their materials there and use the crafting area within the town to then sell their wares which they make.

It's location will be relatively close to spawn, so new players can grab hold of some basic tools to start off with, maybe setting up a monk store specifically for that.

Would you have any like mini events running at this place?

Get started! A common place for people to interact near the sanctuary would be fantastico

Get started! A common place for people to interact near the sanctuary would be fantastico

Deanofantastico....>.>

Thanks Native, Will do~

Would you have any like mini events running at this place?

Definitely, once the area is established this is surely to come into effect.

I have plans for small bard stages, auditoriums and halls. All hire-able for events to be planned and proceeded with.

*cracks his fingers and rushes in-game to start construction.

Well it seems Native has given his approval on the matter. ;)

I would think this event has been Accepted then as you've already begun constructing it.