[Event Proposal]- The Return Of Arux

Mordecai Fury

Event Planners, MC Names:

MyNameWuzTaken

All other Event staff who would like to participate

I would LOVE to have Freya help out on this one.

Event Type:

RP Search and seizure.

Massive multi-leveled RP combat event

Event Date:

TBD

Factions/Nations affected by the event:

All nations will need to participate in stopping Arux.

Orcs will be drawn by the promise of battle.

Elves by there wisdom and foresight will realise that this is a problem needing their attention.

Dwarves will naturally be drawn into the conflict because Arux's tombs are hidden in the deep underground, the natural domain of the dwarves.

Humans will join the conflict because of the proximity of Arux's tomb (body) to their nation and the sighting of Golems near their borders.

Event Location:

Underground in the desert in the southeast portion of Asulon

Also Underground somewhere in the southwest portion of Asulon

Possible altercations in all areas in between

Summary:

A shard of Arux was foolishly stolen by a master thief named Belrigger. The Shard consumed him, and gave a portion of Arux living form. Arux was a powerful being when he lived eons ago, but is now severely weekend. He needs to reclaim the last three shards of his being, his body, his head, and the Sword of the Void that contains a portion of his soul. Most of the refugees from Aegis would not know about Arux, as he was defeated before they came to Asulon, and the monks guard all knowledge of him zealously. They knew that speaking of him would lead people to search for his tombs, which could be catastrophic.

Arux will first attempt to reclaim his body, which is hidden from him somewhere in the South East portion of Asulon. Arux will send out his massive golems to search for the tomb his body is hidden in. If they are found and defeated before discovering the tomb, then Arux will be set back, and players will gain an opportunity to strike at Arux’s heart. If Arux can find the tomb and mount a full scale assault to reclaim his body, he will grow in power, and establish a new base of operations in southern Asulon.

Concept Images/Screenshots:

I have a mental image of what I want the builds to look like, but I haven’t had time to get in creative and do a concept yet. Picture ancient Egyptian with a smattering of obsidian here and there. I will edit this post with concept pictures some time tonight.

Other Information:

Arux is similar to Iblees. As Iblees was sent to destroy the world of Aegis and reclaim it for The Void eons ago, Arux was sent to destroy the world of Asulon. He was defeated by the ancients and a group of Aengul’s. Whereas Iblee’s was banished to a pocket of reality not far removed from The Void, Arux was torn into pieces which were then hidden at the four corners of Asulon.

The ruins of the Ancient’s civilization can still be found on the face of Asulon. The survivors of the struggle banded together to form the monks of the cloud temple. In the aftermath of the struggle with Arux, many of the ancients died out, leading to the lightly populated state of Asulon before the refugees arrived from Aegis.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

Yes

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

Yes. Actors will be needed to play Arux and also a contingent of Obsidian Golems under his command.

Builders will be needed to create the tomb in which The Heart of Arux will be held. This will be Arux’s main base of operations until he can reclaim the last three shards of Arux, or is defeated.

Builders will also be needed to create the tomb of Arux’s body. This must be found and claimed by Arux for him to be victorious.

Also, I would like for players to be able to volunteer to be obsidian Golems. They would then search the southeastern portion of Asulon for the tomb of Arux’s body. If one of them finds it, they will notify Arux.

Lore:

Belrigger drew out his lock picks and set to work on the lock. Not a single loose tumbler in the lock indicated that it was crafted by a master. He wouldn’t have expected any less from an iron door deep underground in an abandoned tunnel network. The harder it was to reach, the more expensive the loot. He smiled as he thought about how many nights of ale and women he could buy after this job.

The lock was tight and it took him almost a full minute per tumbler, but he continued to patiently ply the lock. Soon the last tumbler clicked into place. Belrigger had a sudden feeling of wrongness, and he withdrew his hand quickly on instinct. A small needle shot out from the lock, just barely missing his hand. The black tip of the needle told him it was poisoned. Beladona and mandrake root; a slow and painful death. He breathed a sigh of relief and applied pressure to the door. It swung open slightly. As ancient and heavy as the door looked, it didn’t make so much as a whisper as it opened.

Belrigger opened the door just wide enough to fit his hand through, and then ran it along the edges of the door. He could find no hint of a second trap. Opening the door a little wider, he heard a soft click and froze. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, but nothing seemed to happen. He swung the door open the rest of the way and rolled backwards. Nothing. Cautiously he approached the door, gliding over the threshold.

Inside, he gasped at what he saw. The room was made entirely of glass, and mirrors, with light seeming to come from everywhere at once, with no discernible source. It was a maze of mirrors, a last line of defense against thieves. He took a ball of twine from a pouch and tied the string to the door, then set off into the maze. As he explored, he would come upon obsidian statues here and there. They dotted the maze in great numbers, each one exactly alike. Massive chiseled statues of men with no face. He continued past them with no thought spared.

It took him hours of exploration, backtracking, and marking mirrors with X’s of black paint. Only the mystery of what was so important to protect kept him going. Finally, he reached a gateway of obsidian at what he thought was the center of the maze. He stepped through the gate with trepidation and stared in awe at the fist sized ruby on a pedestal in the center of the room. The stone was inlaid with gold and black veins of metal. It was a perfect replica of a human heart. Belrigger knew the heart well. He had slid a dagger into one or two hearts in his time.

He approached the pedestal, the anticipation growing into a roaring wave inside of his chest. This was it. With this he could retire and buy himself an entire manor. He would be the prince of all thieves! Unable to put off claiming his prize any longer, he reached for the gem. As soon as his fingers brushed the gem, he lost himself.

All he could see was the gem clutched in his hand. He couldn’t let go. He couldn’t control himself. He looked on in horror as the crystal heart began to beat. His mind exploded with pain. There was a roaring fire in his chest. He could feel his soul fracturing within him, the small pieces burning. The fire purged him, emptied him, and consumed everything he was.

There was no place left in him for rational thought. There was only terror at the beating heart he held in his hand. He fell to the ground and began to convulse. Bones and tendons snapped as his limbs bent in impossible directions. His skin began to crack and peel as black flames consumed him from the inside out. He opened his mouth to scream but instead felt black flames leap from his mouth as he roared. In that moment, Belrigger ceased to exist.

The shard of Arux flexed his talons and stretched. A cruel smile touched his lips as he felt the suffering of the human soul he had just consumed. It had been eons since he had tasted suffering. Oh how he had missed the cries of tortured souls. He looked at the beating heart that he held in his hand. A piece of him. A piece of Arux. He reached into his chest and ripped out the pitiful human heart he had inherited. His jaw dislocated and he swallowed it in one bite. Then he pushed the crystal heart into his chest for safe keeping.

The cruel smile on his face widened, showing long black fangs. He raised his arms and called to the golem army around him. The sound of smashing glass reverberated through the giant maze. Arux passed under the obsidian gate and smiled to himself. “Oh Asulon, how great will be your suffering…”

Victory Conditions:

Arux is defeated in RP combat (intentionally difficult to do, as Arux has a tendency to avoid combat when he doubts he can win. Right now he is weakened and his greatest asset is the shadows.)

Arux’s golems are found and destroyed (will require a group of people to bring down a golem in RP combat. They are massive and very hardy.)

Loss Conditions:

Arux reclaims his body (Will probably be an RP battle IF one of Arux’s golems can find the body the tomb is hidden in.)

Background Lore:

“You there. Come closer. There are black tidings of which I must tell you, but will be of no use if you do not first hear my tale.” You give your attention to the monk. He is old and withered, with skin as gnarled and mottled as bark. His eyes are clouded with cataracts, and you are surprised that he can see you at all in the dim light that comes from the Cloud Temple’s open door. “Sit friend, sit. It is a long tale, and watching you stand will make me tired,” He says, his arthritic hangs grasping the top of his cane. He lisped slightly because of nearly toothless gums. You take a seat next to him on the bench.

He begins to tell you his story…

I am the oldest of the monks and even I was not there to see these dark days. We monks have a secret you know. It’s a dark secret about the coldest places of the underground, of which little is known anyways. Our order formed to defend against these darkest reaches, and keep the secret. Always we guard the secret.

I have heard the stories your people tell. Aegis must have been a beautiful land, and much like Asulon it seems. But that is neither here nor there friend. *cough cough* The point is that they are more alike than you would think.

I know well the tale of Iblee’s and the four brothers, sons of Man. It is a wonderful tale and I hold it very dear. What you and yours may not know is that Asulon has so similar a past.

When Asulon was first begun it had only one race. We refer to them as the Ancients, and stories say that they wielded powerful magic’s and had great empires. No one really knows what they were like, because all stories end up with powerful magic and great empires. We men are strange that way.

The ancients here in Asulon lived closely with the Aengul’s. As your past has only one Aengul, we in fact have three. Lanlecor, Aekas, and Ni’ike were our Aengul’s. They were sent to defend Asulon from the Void, but we were lucky. The Void never threatened us in the earliest days. The ancients lived in close communion with the three Aengul’s and they grew to love each other.

But the Void is crafty and clever in how it doles out chaos. We thought that we were safe from the Void. I daresay we were wrong. The Void had taken a woman and blessed her with great power, and made her heart as black as sin itself. She loved to tempt men into lying with her, and by doing so make them her slaves. She warped their minds and made them kill for her, so that all of the villagers began to fear each other.

There was a man in her village that was well thought of. He was a skilled blacksmith, married with children. She lusted after him and waited for her chance to ensnare him. Then one night as the blacksmith returned from trading his wares, a great storm swept through the land and he sought shelter. He soon found himself at the witch’s door.

She fed him and clothed him in dry linens. She worked her magic through the night until eventually he lay with her. When he awoke in the morning, he left her house full of regret. He swore that he wouldn’t tell a single soul what he had done. The mistake though, was made.

That night they had conceived a child. She carried the child for months until her pregnancy began to show. The villagers began to speak of it, for she was not married. Tortured by his guilt, the blacksmith took his own life. In his last will and testament he told the full story.

He accused her of black magic, and claimed that she had bewitched him. He accused her of being the cause of many murders. The villagers were stirred first to grumble, then to riot. The Aengul’s, according to the will of the people, drove the evil woman from the village and into the depths of a cave. She vowed vengeance upon them, and then their entire legacy.

In the deep dark, the Void fed her power and allowed her to survive. She gave birth to a dark child and poured into him all of the darkness and hate she could muster. She taught him all of her blackest magic’s. She tutored him to drink the blood of men and animals, and offer souls up to the Void. Even on her death bed she drew a knife across her wrist and bid him drink until she was a withered husk.

In the deeps this child had been busy. He took glass, obsidian, as black as his own being, and crafted it into forms that mimicked the ancient’s in all but one way… The forms had no faces. He took from those forms their uniqueness and their identity. Over many years he wove into them powerful magic’s of binding and strength. He made them semi-sentient slaves to his will. He made himself children, and like his mother had him, he filled them with darkness.

Soon people began to disappear. At first it was just children out to play. The ancients thought that it was caused by beasts in the wild. Then crops began to fail, and animals grew sick. The missing people were found drained of blood.

The ancient’s grew fearful and the Aengul Aekas, who was blessed with long memory, had a suspicion that the dark woman may not have died. He organized a contingent of warriors to plumb the depths looking for evidence of the evil woman. He strode ahead of them wielding his great blade BrightGuard and illuminating the dark depths.

It is not known what happened to them. Not even the Aengul returned. The people mourned their loss, but the kidnappings subsided. The crops stopped failing and the herds grew healthy and strong again. The people forgot the threats of yesterday. But still they whispered of “Arux” or AengulBane in our tongue.

Nearly twenty years later, an entire village disappeared just miles from one of the greatest cities of the ancients. In one night the village lay abandoned with no sign of a struggle. The people began to fear again. Stories of huge men of black stone snatching villagers from their beds abounded. Not a week later, another village disappeared. Then another and another. Soon tiny villages to large towns all fled the night and made for the capitol of the ancient’s where the two Aengul’s ruled. A pall settled over the land, and a dark mass could be seen on the horizon.

A massive army of golems approached the city from the south, and at their head was Arux, wielding a sword like a shard of the Void itself. The army smashed against the walls of the great city, and battle was joined. It is said that the battle lasted years, each side pushing, each side giving ground. The Ancients were powerful beings, but the golems were powerful as well. Their advance could not be stopped. Slowly the city was being ground to dust under the incessant pounding of obsidian fists. The golems that were destroyed would rise again to fight after mere days. The Ancients that were killed were lost forever.

In a great act of sacrifice, Lanlecor and Ni’iki sought the dark child to distract him while his people escaped. They joined with him in battle amongst the ashes of the outer city. There they fought, lanlecor seeking to hold back the black tides while his people escaped, Ni’iki matching blades with Arux. The battle reduced what was left of the city to ruins.

Then through a stroke that consumed a portion of his very being, Ni’iki struck a killing blow, severing the head of Arux the dark child. The golems stilled and fell silent. The Ancients world lay in ashes around them, with most of their race dead or dying.

Lanlecor reached into Arux’s chest and pulled out his heart. He sent the heart to the southwest to be buried in a tomb. The body he sent to Southeast. The head he sent to the North East, and the Sword to the North West. There the Ancients built tombs that they swore would never be found. They buried the remains of their greatest enemy, and made his name the greatest secret our world has ever known.

From the few ancients left, the order of the Cloud Temple was born. Their sole purpose was to guard against the Void, and protect the secret of Arux. The Aengul’s their duty having been fulfilled, said their tearful goodbye’s and rejoined the great battle in the sky. And that my friend, brings me to my purpose here today.

The old man sighs slightly and rubs his eyes with a weathered hand. He looks tired, like the weight of centuries is upon his shoulders. “Why did you tell me this?” You hear yourself ask. You watch as a tear rolls down the old man’s face.

“Why have I told you this friend?” He pauses to watch leaves flutter in the wind. Then, in barely more than a whisper, he says…

“Because Arux is back, and this time we don’t have Aenguls.”

Extra Information:

Priests from every nation will have horrible “Nightmares” detailing what Arux plans to do. They will then have to inform their nations what is afoot. The nations will mobilize and attempt to find the tomb of Arux’s body before Arux can. They will then guard it from the Golems. Searchers may encounter a Golem in their travels. These golems are slow and easily tracked, so they will have time to pull together a contingent to defeat the golem.

Golems will wear a skin that makes them look like chiseled obsidian, and will wear full Iron Armor AT ALL TIMES to slow their movement. Also, for those playing golems, they should receive a race change to orc for the duration of the event. This will give them a massive size boost for players use hawks mod pack, making the RP more realistic.

RP combat is to be used AT ALL TIMES. It is just more fun than mashing your left click. Outright killing a golem should be a punishable offense.

Golems will be allowed to telepathically communicate with Arux, but not each other.

A worldwide announcement would be nice, telling players when a Golem is on the move. If that’s not possible, then that’s fine. I expect that camps will spring up all over south east Asulon to watch for Golem sightings.

Please critique and suggest. I believe that this is an acceptable addition to the current Lore, and has some nice synergies. It will also provide a very fun searching game for players and actors alike, as well as RP battles. It will start as a low key event, as Arux is very weak at this point. If players like the event, then Arux can claim his body and grow more powerful, leading to a widening of the scale and difficulty of the event.

Again, I would love to see this happen, so if anyone has suggestions to make, please do.

Uhm, wou- Oh wait, obsidian golems so they can't be blown up?

That and because It's cool. Obsidian gives an impression of both evil and strength. Plus, it would make RP battles kind of boring if all you had to do was strap a bit of TNT to them and then detonate it.

that gives me an idea. each of the Golems can have a "glass" weak spot somewhere on their body that can be identified through the bio description. Players have to RP out a fight that lets them target this weak spot and then ultimately destroy it to defeat the golem.

As an Event Team builder I would love to work with you on this event. You have my support... There is some great RP to come from this, and it still open enough to allow the lore to evolve and shape to the player base.

Excellent idea...

Now let us hope others find it just as intriguing.

I must say, you have put in a lot more work into this one. Would it be too much a bother if I asked for some lore regarding the "ancient conflict between Arux and Aenguls"? Speaking of lore, this will need to be accepted by a lore-master first, if you aren't already aware. Second, I would recommend that you decrease the scope of this event. Event proposals are highly encouraged to focus on specific groups, rather than the entire server. Perhaps Arux had (insert encounter here) with the ancient (insert race here), and wants revenge? The Dwarves or Orcs I feel would be more appropriate. As for the "battles", that also might need a warclaim, I believe. But, this event certainly can go through, if it has enough support and stuff.

That and because It's cool. Obsidian gives an impression of both evil and strength. Plus, it would make RP battles kind of boring if all you had to do was strap a bit of TNT to them and then detonate it.

that gives me an idea. each of the Golems can have a "glass" weak spot somewhere on their body that can be identified through the bio description. Players have to RP out a fight that lets them target this weak spot and then ultimately destroy it to defeat the golem.

Obsidean is glass. It would shatter... ._.

Obsidean is glass. It would shatter... ._.

True, but one could argue that it has semi magical properties. This results in it being very difficult to gather, and also allows for it's use in the creation of portals IE the nether. Golems, by their nature, are created by binding a non sentient material with layer after layer of spellwork, some of which could be used to harden the normally brittle obsidian, making it resistant to shattering. Obsidian would be the material of choice because it naturally acts as a catalyst for magical binding. Once again, this is evident in the fact that Obsidian is the only know material that can be used to fashion portals, as it's inherent magical properties create a natural adhesion with the portal magic.

Would that be a possible Lore explanation? I definately see your point...

I must say, you have put in a lot more work into this one. Would it be too much a bother if I asked for some lore regarding the "ancient conflict between Arux and Aenguls"? Speaking of lore, this will need to be accepted by a lore-master first, if you aren't already aware. Second, I would recommend that you decrease the scope of this event. Event proposals are highly encouraged to focus on specific groups, rather than the entire server. Perhaps Arux had (insert encounter here) with the ancient (insert race here), and wants revenge? The Dwarves or Orcs I feel would be more appropriate. As for the "battles", that also might need a warclaim, I believe. But, this event certainly can go through, if it has enough support and stuff.

Certainly, I'd love to write a little lore for it. How do I go about getting approval from a lore master? Do I just wait for one to check into this event?

The scope of the event was more because Arux should be seen as a threat to all of asulon. I put that all nations would participate, but really I meant that all nations "Can". Perhaps we could use a faction that already exists in the southeast area of Asulon as the main group fighting Arux, and then any players who were interested in joining the conflict could just speak with a member of that faction to get details about Arux? Also, because any battles would be RP, does it require a warclaim? It is my understanding that most of south Asulon is still wilds.

“You there. Come closer. There are black tidings of which I must tell you, but will be of no use if you do not first hear my tale.” You give your attention to the monk. He is old and withered, with skin as gnarled and mottled as bark. His eyes are clouded with cataracts, and you are surprised that he can see you at all in the dim light that comes from the Cloud Temple’s open door. “Sit friend, sit. It is a long tale, and watching you stand will make me tired,” He says, his arthritic hangs grasping the top of his cane. He lisped slightly because of nearly toothless gums. You take a seat next to him on the bench.

He begins to tell you his story…

I am the oldest of the monks and even I was not there to see these dark days. We monks have a secret you know. It’s a dark secret about the coldest places of the underground, of which little is known anyways. Our order formed to defend against these darkest reaches, and keep the secret. Always we guard the secret.

I have heard the stories your people tell. Aegis must have been a beautiful land, and much like Asulon it seems. But that is neither here nor there friend. *cough cough* The point is that they are more alike than you would think.

I know well the tale of Iblee’s and the four brothers, sons of Man. It is a wonderful tale and I hold it very dear. What you and yours may not know is that Asulon has so similar a past.

When Asulon was first begun it had only one race. We refer to them as the Ancients, and stories say that they wielded powerful magic’s and had great empires. No one really knows what they were like, because all stories end up with powerful magic and great empires. We men are strange that way.

The ancients here in Asulon lived closely with the Aengul’s. As your past has only one Aengul, we in fact have three. Lanlecor, Aekas, and Ni’ike were our Aengul’s. They were sent to defend Asulon from the Void, but we were lucky. The Void never threatened us in the earliest days. The ancients lived in close communion with the three Aengul’s and they grew to love each other.

But the Void is crafty and clever in how it doles out chaos. We thought that we were safe from the Void. I daresay we were wrong. The Void had taken a woman and blessed her with great power, and made her heart as black as sin itself. She loved to tempt men into lying with her, and by doing so make them her slaves. She warped their minds and made them kill for her, so that all of the villagers began to fear each other.

There was a man in her village that was well thought of. He was a skilled blacksmith, married with children. She lusted after him and waited for her chance to ensnare him. Then one night as the blacksmith returned from trading his wares, a great storm swept through the land and he sought shelter. He soon found himself at the witch’s door.

She fed him and clothed him in dry linens. She worked her magic through the night until eventually he lay with her. When he awoke in the morning, he left her house full of regret. He swore that he wouldn’t tell a single soul what he had done. The mistake though, was made.

That night they had conceived a child. She carried the child for months until her pregnancy began to show. The villagers began to speak of it, for she was not married. Tortured by his guilt, the blacksmith took his own life. In his last will and testament he told the full story.

He accused her of black magic, and claimed that she had bewitched him. He accused her of being the cause of many murders. The villagers were stirred first to grumble, then to riot. The Aengul’s, according to the will of the people, drove the evil woman from the village and into the depths of a cave. She vowed vengeance upon them, and then their entire legacy.

In the deep dark, the Void fed her power and allowed her to survive. She gave birth to a dark child and poured into him all of the darkness and hate she could muster. She taught him all of her blackest magic’s. She tutored him to drink the blood of men and animals, and offer souls up to the Void. Even on her death bed she drew a knife across her wrist and bid him drink until she was a withered husk.

In the deeps this child had been busy. He took glass, obsidian, as black as his own being, and crafted it into forms that mimicked the ancient’s in all but one way… The forms had no faces. He took from those forms their uniqueness and their identity. Over many years he wove into them powerful magic’s of binding and strength. He made them semi-sentient slaves to his will. He made himself children, and like his mother had him, he filled them with darkness.

Soon people began to disappear. At first it was just children out to play. The ancients thought that it was caused by beasts in the wild. Then crops began to fail, and animals grew sick. The missing people were found drained of blood.

The ancient’s grew fearful and the Aengul Aekas, who was blessed with long memory, had a suspicion that the dark woman may not have died. He organized a contingent of warriors to plumb the depths looking for evidence of the evil woman. He strode ahead of them wielding his great blade BrightGuard and illuminating the dark depths.

It is not known what happened to them. Not even the Aengul returned. The people mourned their loss, but the kidnappings subsided. The crops stopped failing and the herds grew healthy and strong again. The people forgot the threats of yesterday. But still they whispered of “Arux” or AengulBane in our tongue.

Nearly twenty years later, an entire village disappeared just miles from one of the greatest cities of the ancients. In one night the village lay abandoned with no sign of a struggle. The people began to fear again. Stories of huge men of black stone snatching villagers from their beds abounded. Not a week later, another village disappeared. Then another and another. Soon tiny villages to large towns all fled the night and made for the capitol of the ancient’s where the two Aengul’s ruled. A pall settled over the land, and a dark mass could be seen on the horizon.

A massive army of golems approached the city from the south, and at their head was Arux, wielding a sword like a shard of the Void itself. The army smashed against the walls of the great city, and battle was joined. It is said that the battle lasted years, each side pushing, each side giving ground. The Ancients were powerful beings, but the golems were powerful as well. Their advance could not be stopped. Slowly the city was being ground to dust under the incessant pounding of obsidian fists. The golems that were destroyed would rise again to fight after mere days. The Ancients that were killed were lost forever.

In a great act of sacrifice, Lanlecor and Ni’iki sought the dark child to distract him while his people escaped. They joined with him in battle amongst the ashes of the outer city. There they fought, lanlecor seeking to hold back the black tides while his people escaped, Ni’iki matching blades with Arux. The battle reduced what was left of the city to ruins.

Then through a stroke that consumed a portion of his very being, Ni’iki struck a killing blow, severing the head of Arux the dark child. The golems stilled and fell silent. The Ancients world lay in ashes around them, with most of their race dead or dying.

Lanlecor reached into Arux’s chest and pulled out his heart. He sent the heart to the southwest to be buried in a tomb. The body he sent to Southeast. The head he sent to the North East, and the Sword to the North West. There the Ancients built tombs that they swore would never be found. They buried the remains of their greatest enemy, and made his name the greatest secret our world has ever known.

From the few ancients left, the order of the Cloud Temple was born. Their sole purpose was to guard against the Void, and protect the secret of Arux. The Aengul’s their duty having been fulfilled, said their tearful goodbye’s and rejoined the great battle in the sky. And that my friend, brings me to my purpose here today.

The old man sighs slightly and rubs his eyes with a weathered hand. He looks tired, like the weight of centuries is upon his shoulders. “Why did you tell me this?” You hear yourself ask. You watch as a tear rolls down the old man’s face.

“Why have I told you this friend?” He pauses to watch leaves flutter in the wind. Then, in barely more than a whisper, he says…

“Because Arux is back, and this time we don’t have Aenguls.”

To be honest, the Ancient Lore does not state an 'Arux' figure, this seems like a redux of the Undead to me. Give me more Lore so that I may judge it's ability to be implemented.

To be honest, the Ancient Lore does not state an 'Arux' figure, this seems like a redux of the Undead to me. Give me more Lore so that I may judge it's ability to be implemented.

Isn't the ancient lore all based in Aegis? I made it Asulonian lore and not Aegasian lore because I figured that it would remove conflict. Seeing as we have only been in Asulon for 51 in game years, it seems like we would have a lot to learn about the new worlds ancient history. If this was a closely guarded secret of the monks that is just now coming to light, then there wouldn't be any conflicts with current lore would there?

These are just questions.

Also, what would you like to see added to my suggested lore? I'll hop to your suggestions right away. I love LotC's lore so I don't want to harm it in any way, just contribute :)

Isn't the ancient lore all based in Aegis? I made it Asulonian lore and not Aegasian lore because I figured that it would remove conflict. Seeing as we have only been in Asulon for 51 in game years, it seems like we would have a lot to learn about the new worlds ancient history. If this was a closely guarded secret of the monks that is just now coming to light, then there wouldn't be any conflicts with current lore would there?

These are just questions.

Also, what would you like to see added to my suggested lore? I'll hop to your suggestions right away. I love LotC's lore so I don't want to harm it in any way, just contribute :)

I'm fairly certain the only people here before we arrived were the Mori.

I'm fairly certain the only people here before we arrived were the Mori.

The Lore specifically says that both the Mori and the Monks were already here. My suggested lore accounts for why the monks are not numerous, and why they built their order.