The Gladiants - House Hightower Reformed

Slic3man

The Gladiants  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on The Gladiants?

• Excellent, doing a wonderful job at guarding and building Solace up!
    • Wonderful, though they could use a few tweaks here and there.
    • I do not think of them much, more of just the people walking around in armor.
    • They're not doing too well of a job when it comes to guarding, or building Solace up.
    • Terrible guards of our lands! I wonder how the peoples of Solace even cope with such people running their area!

The Gladiants

0QDLh.png

The Gladiants are recruiting at the moment, looking for able bodied men and women. Gladiants search for such so we may build up a better able-bodied community and military to Solace. Together we shall rise up and make Solace a place to be mentioned through out all the ages.

Sub-Ranks

Rudiarius

The archer is the bowman of the Gladiants. Picking off the enemy with their supreme ranged ability and usually being the ones upon the walls. They are also used in the back of the troops during a battle, firing a volley of shots into the oncoming enemy. Supplied with bows made of strong oaken trees, preferably leather and perhaps even a iron or stone dagger should they need it. They are a valuable asset to the Gladiant military.

Secutor

Usually the front line to a military basis, these men and women stand ready with sharpened blades for combat. Making up the general bulk of the military, they advance to slash and stab the enemy. Whether it be patrolling or standing firm guard, they will flash their blades with the bravery they hold. Supplied with blades often of iron or even diamond and medium to heavy armor, they face the enemy directly across any frontier.

Samnite

This is for those of the men and women whom wield mighty Axes that hack away at their enemies. Being mixed in with the Secutors here and there, and sometimes made into their own regimes, Samnites tend to be the ones to be the stronger weapon wielders in the Gladiant military. Either wielding a one-handed axe or a great axe is ultimately up to the Samnite them self. Provided with either an iron or diamond axe and typically medium to heavy armor in most cases. Samnites provide the Hightower military with the strength they need from a warrior who enjoys the axe over a blade.

Venator

Carrying less of a weapon, more of a healing hand, these men and women tend to the hurt and ill of the Gladiant military. Often more away from the battlefield then they actually are, they contain knowledge to heal wounds whether they be deep or shallow, inside the body or out. Often provided with perhaps a stone or iron sword, and medical supplies needed for them to work with what they may. Alchemy, basic medical healing, or magic are all good ways to mend the hurt.

Ranking System

High Gladius - The highest one will ever get compared to the Prince himself. The High Gladius is the man or woman in charge of all the military, providing the food, training, arms and other necessities for the men and women of the Gladiants. All heed to his/her command in the Gladiants. He/she also holds a special spot on council, that being the military spot. Only one serving closely to his side being the Gladius, one of them of his choosing. Should the High Gladius decide to step down, he may recommend one of the two Gladius to the prince/king, though it may not effect the outcome. High Gladius may make people as high as the Cominion.

Gladius - Second highest as one can be compared to the Prince. Gladius is the one to have second say directly behind the High Gladius. During council, the Gladius stands next to the High Gladius to provide wisdom and suggestions as to how to act on occasion. He/she attends to help the High Gladius in his responsibilities if requested to do so. Should the High Gladius fall out of place, the prince/king shall decide whether the Gladius is able to uphold said responsibilities. Should he be approved by the prince, then he will be made the High Gladius as to be a 'heir' of sorts. There can be a maximum of two Gladius through out the Gladiants. A Gladiant is made when the High Gladiant and prince/king promote someone to the rank together in co-operation, hand-picking the people meant for this job. All below follow the order of Gladiant besides Cominion.

Cominion - Most do not make it this far in the Gladiants, but those who do have been chosen for good reason. The Cominion's commitment is to overall control the guard, and military personnel. Often setting up positions in war time, and leading men into war battles. His/her commitment is to also organize regimes in battle, should they be in defense in the city against an opposing force, or defending the town itself from rebellions. Cominion has a say in guard formations and positioning, but leaves the job mostly up to the Tawlt.

Tawlt - To put it simply, it is mostly like the guard captain. The Tawlt's duty is to manage the guard regime in towns, checking upon them occasionally also. They control where the guard's patrol, stand guard and move if needed to do so. He/she also manages the Lambast's progress and provides them with the materials needed from the prince/king to create arms for the men and women of the Gladiants. All below Tawlt listens to his/her order, within reasonable areas. There is only one Tawlt. All ranks above this point have the ability to recruit men and women into the Gladiants.

Justicar - There is not much to say about the Justicar, though it holds a high priority. The Justicar's job is to be a type of judge for criminals, deciding their punishment(s). Justicar may also tell lowers to arrest and/or obtain a criminal. Should the Justicar get out of hand, it is up to the Tawlt to take them out of place or demote them. The Justicar is almost even with the Lambast, though having more power. A maximum of two is allowed within the Gladiants.

Lambast - A Lambast is someone of the guild with a high need. Their priority is creating arms and armor for the men and women serving under the Gladiants. A practical blacksmith serving only under the Gladiants, making great arms that the Gladiants must have in order to pursue their duties to the fullest. There can be many Lambasts at once, in order to keep a steady flow of work and blacksmithing. He is able to send recruits out on errands, should there be enough in town. They can also recommend promotion should they think a guard has been doing well. This rank is more of for a Blacksmith, not to promote to, but still holds a bit of power.

Flauntius - Trained highly to be a strong and able-bodies fighter. These are the elites of the guard, ready to stand face first towards a crowd of enemies on their own. Willing to risk anything for their town and high training courses are signs for a strong and steady Flauntius to be. Many guards find it hard to get this far due to the extreme conditioning some are put through, but it may all be worth it in the end. These guards are revered by their fellow guard, being such. Good personality traits are sought after in them as well, making it quite hard to find one capable to hold such a honor. Flauntius are able to bring one guard with them during searches or other missions given to them, given there are enough to hold the town while gone. It should be known to these guards that they are still with the regular guard, and should treat them with the same respect they have been.

Ondivic - The rank above a new comer, they have earned the right to be called a Gladiant. Through this process they may not be the highest, but they have earned every last bit of this rank. These make up the most of the guard, if not all, sharing a close bond with each other. When one becomes a Ondivic, they have shown they wish to be a guardian, protector and caretaker of the citizens within Solace, as if they were their best friends.

Grenel - The first rank within the Gladiants, making it through to the first process of being accepted into the ranks. They do not hold much power but are always told to receive respect. From this point he/she must prove themselves to be willing to want to be a caretaker to the citizens of Solace, and make it clear that those are whom matter most to him over their own life.

Law of The Gladiants

- Complete dedication to Solace and The Gladiants. (Keeping from other guilds/groups.)

- No betrayal lain to a fellow member, think of it as a family.

- Do not ignore a higher's orders, listen to what they say, as they say it.

- The king comes first above all others, he is part of the family, perhaps even the father.

- The minimum training session per-week for each member is to be one, do not fall back.

- Respect the citizens as if they were your closest friend, we are not corrupted men and women.

- Do not kill unless attacked within the Hightowers, all will be sent to dungeons until the outcome of them is decided.

Responsibilities and Rewards

Responsibilities

- Dedication to The Gladiants and their endeavors.

- Access to your services full-time all the time.

- Stand fast always, ready to aid your life to battle.

- Endurance is needed, keep as fit as you can.

Rewards

- Each member each week will receive payment of 350 minas with a bonus for anything extra done to assist The Gladiants.

- Free bedding and storage after recruitment.

- Protecting royalty and having a meaning to life.

- Free food to go along with the Hightower members, a chance being to become a royal guard.

Oath

I, [Name of recruited man or woman], swear upon my honor that I will uphold the peace and security of my royalty, James, Kyral and Lancel Hightower, and keep them safe. All indulgences of the world will not disrupt my task in protecting them to the best of my ability. So do I swear, [Name of recruited man or woman].

Recruitment Form ((Application))

((OOC Section))

MC Name -

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. -

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) -

(Answer as if you were placed into this situation.)

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley.

IC Section

What is your name? -

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? -

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? -

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? -

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? -

((Feel free to color it, just don't overdue it. We would enjoy keeping our vision. Post the finished version below in the reply. Copy and paste this format, filling it in order to join.))

For those of you that have decided to follow through with joining The Gladiants' cause, we thank you and hope you enjoy a prosperous life. Through the hardships we pass, and the battles we tear, strong shall The Gladiants stand for their nation. Together we will make Solace become a more glorious and faithful community to be part of. All hail King and Queen, and may their lives prosper as ours if not better under the dawning day!

((-Thanks for reading friends!-))

Current Members

Jester - High Gladius - Secutor - (Slic3man)

Edric - Tawlt - Samnite - (Duckd8)

Vander Arun - Lambast - (KiinG_Xx)

Peter Shieldlings - Flauntius - Secutor - (Peterquartz)

Galendar - Ondivic - Secutor - (Galendar_Aveere)

Scott Falcon - Ondivic - Secutor - (Znes6)

Cess - Grenel - Venator - (Juwbin)

Eclipse - Grenel - Secutor - (fireheart519)

Rhazev - Grenel - Samnite - (SnazzyEnglishman)

Galdor Amedaius - Grenel - Samnite - (The_Brownster)

Tiberius Abdiel - Grenel - Samnite - (JackABeano)

Mattias Abdiel - Grenel - Secutor - (Beast720)

Gundrick - Grenel - Samnite/Rudiarius - (Tom_2000)

Bergthor Mormont - Grenel - Rudiarius - (jonnyc2011)

Alirya - Grenel - Rudiarius - (sapphireh2o)

Cassandriel - Grenel - Rudiarius - (MrCastiel3)

Darmath - Grenel - Secutor - (Begreen98)

Zerin - Grenel - Secutor - (evilpizzaman)

Eli Stevens - Grenel - Rudiarius - (Jordangaming)

If you are in the Gladiants and are not on this list, send me your name, rank and sub-rank in a PM over the forums. You will be added.

*Demivar looks around Solace's new state after being rebuilt by the Hightowers and notices a recruitment poster*

"Hmph, typical Jester again, sadist bastard. What's all this about "Gut Seekers","Blood Blades" and "Flesh Arrows" they sound like a bunch of bloody cannibals, not guards"

"Eew... What kind of bloody system is this? 'Gut-Seeker'? This does not sound like James at all" Jordan thinks for himself.

*Listens closely to some of the people speaking, deciding to go back and find better-suited names for the Solace guard. Jester had thought it to be better before, but has fixed it and nods approvingly to himself.*

*Vander signs his name on the sheets, noting that he is the Lambast*

I, Galendar Alan Aveere, swear upon my honor that I will uphold the peace and security of my royalty, James, Kyral and Lancel Hightower, and keep them safe. All indulgences of the world will not disrupt my task in protecting them to the best of my ability. So do I swear, Galendar A. Aveere.

MC Name - Galendar_Aveere

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. -no

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - swords 35 mining 47 lumberjacking 28 Blacksmithin 12

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley. *reaches down to feel pulse of man making sure he is dead. *gets up and yells to men "Stop now or prepare to be arrested and face penalties." *chases men until they leave fron gates then speaks to higher rank about this.

IC Section

What is your name? - Grant

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - Because i was part of hightower and think i deserve another chance

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - A willing and capable person who has defended Solace before

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Vander (Kiing_xx)

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - I live in solace now.

*signs name at bottom of sheet

Oath

I, Cessily Virmire, swear upon my honor that I will uphold the peace and security of my royalty, James, Kyral and Lancel Hightower, and keep them safe. All indulgences of the world will not disrupt my task in protecting them to the best of my ability. So do I swear, Cessily.

Recruitment Form

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Juwbin

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. - Nope

Skill Levels-

Farming [20]

Axe Mastery [5]

Skill Credits [27]

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley.

Cess, having next to no combat skills but a very impressive scream, begins shouting for the guards and doing her best to care for the man. Maybe he isn't dead and she can help him, but most likely she'll begin tending to the body for funeral rites.

IC Section

What is your name? - Cessily (Cess) Virmire

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - Because Solace was my home before it fell and I'd like to do my part to make sure it once again becomes the proud city it once was.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I'm a doctor and a priestess.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - My friend Kale (Wanggubo) told me I should consider joining up.

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Yes, before and up until the fall.

Oath

I, Cessily Virmire, swear upon my honor that I will uphold the peace and security of my royalty, James, Kyral and Lancel Hightower, and keep them safe. All indulgences of the world will not disrupt my task in protecting them to the best of my ability. So do I swear, Cessily.

Recruitment Form

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Juwbin

Skill Levels-

Farming [20]

Axe Mastery [5]

Skill Credits [27]

Cess, having next to no combat skills but a very impressive scream, begins shouting for the guards and doing her best to care for the man. Maybe he isn't dead and she can help him, but most likely she'll begin tending to the body for funeral rites.

IC Section

What is your name? - Cessily (Cess) Virmire

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - Because Solace was my home before it fell and I'd like to do my part to make sure it once again becomes the proud city it once was.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I'm a doctor and a priestess.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - My friend Kale (Wanggubo) told me I should consider joining up.

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Yes, before and up until the fall.

MC Name - Galendar_Aveere

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. -no

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - swords 35 mining 47 lumberjacking 28 Blacksmithin 12

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley. *reaches down to feel pulse of man making sure he is dead. *gets up and yells to men "Stop now or prepare to be arrested and face penalties." *chases men until they leave fron gates then speaks to higher rank about this.

IC Section

What is your name? - Grant

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - Because i was part of hightower and think i deserve another chance

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - A willing and capable person who has defended Solace before

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Vander (Kiing_xx)

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - I live in solace now.

*signs name at bottom of sheet

cooltext614510726xihv.png

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Mythosaur2

Wrestling - 5

Axe mastery - 30

Smithing - 40

*as Svenn tries to chase the running bandits, he realizes he cannot keep up with them"

Svenn : Damnit! Almost. They won't escape next time.

*Svenn returns to the body, knees down, and goes over his eyes to close them*

Svenn : Rest in peace lad

Guard #1 : What happened here?

Svenn : A group of three bandits attacked and murdered this man, they looked like this.

*Svenn describes the attackers*

Guard #1 : Aight, thank you, we'll keep an eye out for them.

Svenn : No problem, we should probably get the body to the graveyard.

Guard #2 : We'll take care of that, you can go back to your post.

Svenn : aight, see you 'round lad.

*svenn walks off, back to his post*

IC Section

What is your name? - Svenn

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I was interested to fight for it since Arun the Lambast spoke of it.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - To serve as a guard, go out to fight with the fellow soldiers for Hightowers.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Yes, Vander_Arun_The_Lambast

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - No, as i am a travelling merchant, i do not have a home for now.

Nice job on writing this.

It'll be much more organized now!

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Mythosaur2

Wrestling - 5

Axe mastery - 30

Smithing - 40

*as Svenn tries to chase the running bandits, he realizes he cannot keep up with them"

Svenn : Damnit! Almost. They won't escape next time.

*Svenn returns to the body, knees down, and goes over his eyes to close them*

Svenn : Rest in peace lad

Guard #1 : What happened here?

Svenn : A group of three bandits attacked and murdered this man, they looked like this.

*Svenn describes the attackers*

Guard #1 : Aight, thank you, we'll keep an eye out for them.

Svenn : No problem, we should probably get the body to the graveyard.

Guard #2 : We'll take care of that, you can go back to your post.

Svenn : aight, see you 'round lad.

*svenn walks off, back to his post*

IC Section

What is your name? - Svenn

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I was interested to fight for it since Arun the Lambast spoke of it.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - To serve as a guard, go out to fight with the fellow soldiers for Hightowers.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Yes, Vander_Arun_The_Lambast

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - No, as i am a travelling merchant, i do not have a home for now.

cooltext614510726xihv.png

((OOC Section))

MC Name - MrRinkachi

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - Lumberjacking lvl. 6

- Swordsmanship lvl. 51

- Mining lvl. 2

- Cooking lvl. 9

- Fishing lvl. 10

- Farming lvl. 4

- Excavation lvl. 5

- Archery lvl. 29

- Wrestling lvl. 8

Follow the goblin, trying not to be noticed. Who knows they have a whole posse waiting to back them up? Find out where they are hiding, then return to base, call for back up, and when there are no others that can help me, Just try out my luck.

IC Section

What is your name? - Renzo Delatora

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I was just asked by Galender, not sure if I wrote that correct. But I'm willing to support Solace. It's a beautiful place.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - My blade, my skill that took many lives. Well, undead lives that is. I will use that skill to Crush any who are up to no good.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Galender.

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Unfortunately, No, However Solace seems like a nice place.