The Gladiants (( Official ))

Redbaron™

Gladiants

Lore of the Gladiants

Chapter one

Betrayal

The Gladiants became the new military under the villain Jester when the Bannermen were faltering. Lancel Hightower, Prince of Salvus, found the villain to have changed his ways and find peace within himself. Jester was a hard worker and found good men for the Gladiants, but he still had the evil sense about him and shrugged off his duties when he thought all was well and good and running.

It was true though, the Gladiants were booming, around solace was safe and fair. They were strong warriors, although sometimes a little dumb. And the captain was doing well to gain members. Lancel tried his hardest to defend his city and brought in a group of sell swords in to help protect the city as well fight the Teutons who hide in their icy hell. They were better warriors then most of his Gladiants and they proved it on many occasions.

Of course tension raised and the Gladiants were not happy that they were there, they began to start raiding the sellswords base and taking their men captive. Lancel ordered the scene to stop and the Gladiants to not storm the base anymore seeking out men but Jester brought his villainous ways and began to get power hungry, he didn't like the competition and joined with an assassin to kill Lancel Hightower in cold blood.

Half the Gladiants broke their oaths and turned on Lancel, it was the brave fighting of the sellswords and the crimson company Lancel took the head of the Assassin and displayed it before the city as a warning to all who dare try and kill him. The Gladiants fled in fear and are now wanted in the name of the church and are criminals of the church.

Ranks

Castellan

- The Castellan is the overall leader of the military of Salvus, he may call the banners to march with the Prince/Kings approval and attack what he sees a threat. In the absence of a Hightower he becomes the leader of Solace. He may not wage war be himself, even if no Hightower is there only defend and command the over all welfare of the city.

Master of arms

- They are the the seniors of the army. The best of the best with their weapons, there is only four of these at a time. One Archer, One Swordsman, One Axeman, One Unarmed master. They control training of the certain classes and are responsible for training them in the uses for war tactics, Siege equipment use, and siege defense.

Sergeant

- One who has proven themselves to have been leaders in war times. After a battle and a man proved himself worthy he may get this position. In a battle these men may lead a strike team and take part in battle plans. They can command anyone lower then them.

Armsmen

- The blunt of the army, these are the men that take the beatings and bruises. They are the first to charge into battle and the first to claim victory. They are the average warrior that has yet to prove themselves in battle and continue to try to do it. Usually the Prince in times of battle rides at the head of the Armsmen and charges into battle on his war horse.

The uniform

*A picture of a uniform on a wooden model of a man is shown below*

kce2xv.png

What to expect when you join the Gladiants

You will receive weekly pay, you will be given weapons and armor to help defend the great city of Solace. Extra pay will be given to you if you bring back Ex Gladiants who broke their oaths to the city without a pardon from the prince. Shelter inside the barracks. Hot bread and a warm bed. The experience of being trained by a Knight.

Application

((OOC Section))

MC Name -

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. -

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) -

Uniform to put on - http://i45.tinypic.com/28vrrd0.png

(Answer as if you were placed into this situation.)

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley.

IC Section

What is your name? -

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? -

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? -

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? -

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? -

The Oathbreakers that are wanted by the crown.

(( Members list ))

- Aceeri Kal'tikm, Armsmen, (Aceeri)

- Philip, Armsmen, (Shpoop)

-Bjorn Callister, Armsmen, (Anactofgod)

-

*Mattias almost laughs as he reads his name of the list while Lancel's men search Ildon. Rubbing the back of his hand on his Iron mask, he hands the list over to the next man*

"My you are a persistent one Lancel aren't you?"

*Mattias walks off grinning under his mask.*

((Once you get the chance since me scott and Galender settled this ig, may we have our names removed?))

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Aceeri

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. - No

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - Archery 100, Swordsmanship 50, Stealth 35.

- A man is walking down a street in fine silks and exotic velvet, running up to him you see two goblins and a orc about to corner him in a dark alley by the tavern. You hear a yelp and rush in to find him dead, the three running down the alley.

I would look to see if any other guards were in the area and if there was I would call for assistance. I would yell for them to halt and if they did not I would nock some arrows and aim for their legs, if they get too far. I would aim higher.

IC Section

What is your name? - Aceeri Kal'tik

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I wish to provide my services for the Hightowers.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I can provide archer support on the walls and a bit of swordsmanship while the city is in peril, or in any other situation.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Lancel

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - I was a recruit in the Bannermen

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Aceeri

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - Archery 100, Swordsmanship 50, Stealth 35.

I would look to see if any other guards were in the area and if there was I would call for assistance. I would yell for them to halt and if they did not I would nock some arrows and aim for their legs, if they get too far. I would aim higher.

IC Section

What is your name? - Aceeri Kal'tik

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I wish to provide my services for the Hightowers.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I can provide archer support on the walls and a bit of swordsmanship while the city is in peril, or in any other situation.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - Lancel

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - I was a recruit in the Bannermen

Accepted as a Armsmen

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Shpoop

Do you have a VA? If so, give a link. - N/A

- 100 Unarmed.

- Yet to receive the missing credits from last update. Would be roughly 75 swords.

Uniform to put on - http://i45.tinypic.com/28vrrd0.png Edited skin to fit my character.

Philip grunts as he stares down towards the dead body. He looks behind his back, checking for any other suspicious acts. he steps forward, checking the body for any signs of identification. He glances back up as he sees the Orc and Goblins scurry away.

Philip shrugs them off, already assuming another shall deal with them. He turns away from the body, seeing no result of finding out whoever it is. Philip then steps over towards the gatehouse, then proceeds to yell towards the guard post.

"Oi, dumb-arse. Have these gates remained closed. Got some green midgets and an Uruk killin' a noble or something! Oh, and try looking for them, too, I guess!"

Satisfied with his effort, Philip then walks away towards a higher official to report the dead body.

IC Section

What is your name? - Philip

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - If you've ale, women, and a steady pay, I'll be interested in whatever you say.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I'd assume I could provide my services of backhanding, drinking, and dagger-work to Solace.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? -Some twit at the Cloud Temple kept yelling about a job. Something along the lines of Ace- something? Dunno. Did lead me to these papers, though.

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Did used to linger around a resident's home. They were named Susianna and Xero, though, I'm not confident that they remain there, as it's been years.

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Shpoop

- 100 Unarmed.

- Yet to receive the missing credits from last update. Would be roughly 75 swords.

Uniform to put on - http://i45.tinypic.com/28vrrd0.png Edited skin to fit my character.

Philip grunts as he stares down towards the dead body. He looks behind his back, checking for any other suspicious acts. he steps forward, checking the body for any signs of identification. He glances back up as he sees the Orc and Goblins scurry away.

Philip shrugs them off, already assuming another shall deal with them. He turns away from the body, seeing no result of finding out whoever it is. Philip then steps over towards the gatehouse, then proceeds to yell towards the guard post.

"Oi, dumb-arse. Have these gates remained closed. Got some green midgets and an Uruk killin' a noble or something! Oh, and try looking for them, too, I guess!"

Satisfied with his effort, Philip then walks away towards a higher official to report the dead body.

IC Section

What is your name? - Philip

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - If you've ale, women, and a steady pay, I'll be interested in whatever you say.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I'd assume I could provide my services of backhanding, drinking, and dagger-work to Solace.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? -Some twit at the Cloud Temple kept yelling about a job. Something along the lines of Ace- something? Dunno. Did lead me to these papers, though.

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Did used to linger around a resident's home. They were named Susianna and Xero, though, I'm not confident that they remain there, as it's been years.

Accepted as a Armsmen

I, Bjorn Callister, swear upon my honor that I will uphold the peace and security of my royalty, James, Kyral and Lancel Hightower, and keep them safe. All indulgences of the world will not disrupt my task in protecting them to the best of my ability. So do I swear, Bjorn Callister.

((OOC Section))

MC Name - Anactofgod

Skill Levels (Stats, do not show if it is 0) - 25 Archery 25 Smithing 25 Sneak

With cunning and keen eye I run down the alley, listening for the lound of foot steps before me I rush forward. Coming up to a corner in the alley I spot the three laughing and talking amongst themselves boasting of their roles in the murder. I look around and spot 2 nearby guards and make my way to them making sure to keep an eye on the three. "Hail brothers, I am in need of assistance." I say to them. "A man was just killed down the alley leading back this way by two goblins and an orc." I explain pointing down the pathway I just came from. "Where are they now?" asked the guard to my left. "Just down here aways I can lead you to them." I say beckoning them to follow me. We turn together and head back down towards where the goblins and orc were last. Still standing in their last location they are now counting the money from the purse they cut free from the man as they slain him. "Stop where you stand!" calls out one of the guards. The orc in a frenzy turns and charges the guard nearest to him. The guard easily steps to the side giving his companion the opening to attack. Switftly the second night smashes him with the hilt of his sword and knocks him unconsious. Leaving just the two goblins to deal with. I turn quickly to get a bearing on the goblins, just as I turn I see a goblin about to plunge a dagger through the back of one of the guards. Without thinking I instinctively reach for my quiver drawing a arrow back in my bow. Letting the arrow loose it flies true dispatching the goblin piercing right into his heart from the side. The second goblin lets out a shriek and falls to his knees surrendering. "Thanks for the help brothers is there anything else I can do to help." I imply. "Show us the location of the body they looted this purse from and, that will be all." he says to me. "Certainly" I reply leading the way to the scene of the crime.

IC Section

What is your name? - Bjorn Callister

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I am looking for friends and loyal companions to side with in the heat of any battles that might break out. I am also smith looking to hone my skills and provide armaments for my comrades.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - Bowman skills useful for slaying monsters and humanoid foes alike if the need arises. Smithing as well to dress every warrior in the land with armor and weapons.

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - The person who asked me was person by the name of Aceeri

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - No, I have not.

Signed Bjorn Callister

Accepted as Armsmen

MC Name - Abbey

Uniform to put on - Not yet

I would first look for any other guards, and if so I would ask for their assistance. If not, I would command the offenders to stop, and if they did not, I would pull out my bow and strike them in non-fatal areas. If they continue to run, I would kill them with a head shot, or chase after them and kill them with my sword.

IC Section

What is your name? - Abbey Gherardon

Why do you wish to join the Hightowers? - I wish to contribute and offer my services for the Hightowers.

What skills do you offer to aid Solace? - I have pretty good aim with bow, but am more skilled in swordsmanship

If anyone had convinced you to join, whom was it? - I saw a recruit notice from one "Scott Falcon"

Have you ever lived in Solace before this time? - Yes, I spent my first few days in Asulon there and was treated very nicely, therefore I want to repay the fine city for Its hospitality.

Approached with an offer from another region, the opportunity to serve is still very much appreciated.

-Temp

(( Back up and running, Shieldings will be dealing with applicants until he finds someone to do it. ))

((Well I'm handling applications and all that good stuff, though all these multiple posts is extremely confusing to new recruits. We have some posts in the "guild" section and others in the "Kingdom of Salvus" section. Considering the Gladiants are guards for Salvus I think all of these posts should be either deleted or moved to the Salvus thread. I'll set up the post with all the current information on the Gladiants, basically this same post with the new information. Being as you can't come online Lancel and slic3man isn't even a Gladiant anymore, this'll make it a lot less of a hassle. If you object just cut me off here and I can remove everything I make, but until then I'll be reorganizing the Gladiants so it runs a bit more smoothly. Thanks.))