The Cult of Kla'Dhon

Rilath

43 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the lore?

• Yes! Please implement!
    • Yes! But change this part! (State below)
    • No! It needs to be different! (State below how)
    • No! This idea is terrible!

Well, it really depends on how you want to RP it. Each person can be affected by it differently, though I prefer to RP it as a slow descent to insanity. It's hard to measure insanity per day, but I'd say you'd reach full insanity in or around 3-4 months.

Edited the 'Other info' section to clarify how many people I want in the group at first.

While this is getting reviewed, some questions I would like to ask as well as some things I'd like to point out:

Possession:

~Is the consent required IC, or entirely OOC?

Shadow-walking:

~Instantaneous travel between areas is possible, however the current spells for such (Teleportation as cast by Mages and Spirit-stepping by Shaman) is a draining feat requiring concentration (as indeed, this form of magic is quite powerful). You are essentially accomplishing this without either of those drawbacks, which I would list as a problem (let's not pretend needing shadows is a drawback, as in 90% of situations finding enough shade to hide your body is very easy to do, and in the remaining 10% it is only slightly more difficult).

Mass speech spell:

~There are certain universal limits placed on all long-distance messaging spells. We can adjust these limits to fit your RP, but the concept behind them must remain and must be applied before this spell can be accepted. The idea here is to prevent the spell from being way too powerful (as all magical messaging spells have the potential to be).

~The spell causes deafness to outside sounds for the duration of the conversation, does that mean the people you are contacting are also made deaf? Since the spell targets everyone indiscriminately, does that mean all other members of the cult go deaf regardless of what they are doing? Or just the caster?

The Magic in General:

~How will you deal with self-taught individuals that sprout up outside of your cult? For example, Shamanism is a race-centered magic. When someone outside the War Uzg attempts to learn Shamanism, the Shaman launch a crusade against them and eliminate them before they can make any progress. What will be your RP method of keeping this magic limited to your 9-man cult?

EDIT:

Another question about the communication spell:

When you are speaking to the other cultists, can those in your immediate area hear you speaking? Can they see you moving your lips, or is it all done entirely through thought?

Awsome :3 Give me a shout if you need me as a cult member, and i'll gladly make a character ;)

For Blawharag:

The Shadow-Walking, as you called it, could be made a bit more difficult. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be, as it was intended to be their most used spell. But it's not really teleportation, per say, more of just vanishing and able to walk through the Shadow as long as it doesn't give way to light. The second you touch light, you're back to reality. (Oh, there goes gravity..)

It is entirely through thought during the mind linking spell, and yes, all members become deaf. For that reason, it presents what I perceive as a drawback, as if you are in the middle of something, and your character suddenly becomes deaf for an indiscriminate amount of time, they might think that's a bit odd, and needs some investigation. And it is not just deafness, you'd basically be in a trance, as this is very draining, because I would like to assume that the people I choose will not be a few blocks apart when communicating, but continents apart. You'd be able to see what is going on around you. If it would make more sense to change it to "Everyone can speak to the leader (Me), but only the leader can establish simultaneous communication," that might work a bit better, possibly. Let me know your thoughts on that as well.

Well, at first, I'd like self teaching to be impossible until I get at least two or three other members to join me, as I don't think it'd be a very good thing for a bunch of people self teaching themselves this, when only one person could possibly know about it. But if self teaching were to happen when I have say four to my maximum of nine people, we'd make an effort to stop it. Most likely we'd try to get the person to a secluded area with promises of assistance with teaching, and then sacrifice them to the patron Daemon, Iblees. Or, if all else fails, we'd hire someone to deal with them for us.

Ok the shadow-walk makes a bit more sense now then. Though while we are on the subject, say there is a bridge of shade between two larger shadows. If you went to travel between them, but your body was larger than the bridge, would you remain hidden or would the parts unable to fit lie exposed as you walked (ultimately, I assume, being severed due to the design of the spell)?

It might be that the spell works better with everyone contacting the leader and the leader contacting back. When you are just about done with the lore, Ill go in detail about the limits that have to be applied to this spell, and you can decide how best to accommodate them. Like I said, there is flexibility within the limits themselves, so odds are we can find a way to make your design work without having to fudge any details, whichever design you end up choosing.

P.S. Sorry about my unresponsiveness on TS, I mistakenly left myself logged in while I was at school and work all day.

Well, the lore is basically done. The ending sentence is eluding to the future of the cult, not that I'm not finished writing.

In response to the first question, it depends on how much larger. If it was just an inch or so, then I don't think you'd have to expose the outer inch of you. On the other hand, if it was quite a large difference in size, then you'd have to just walk there exposed.

Hope this helped, and I hope that by you saying that we can work together to get this idea working, you mean that the magic team likes this idea?

-Shadow

The shadow/Shade component is a bit too much like my posted Vesmar lore.. Which uses a similar system, and a similar background to this lore.. o_o Explaiiinn..

The shadow/Shade component is a bit too much like my posted Vesmar lore.. Which uses a similar system, and a similar background to this lore.. o_o Explaiiinn..

Perhaps that is because this lore was made much before yours? The lore for this has been in the making by Shadow for some time, he is just now publicly posting it. I love how you think your the first one to think of this :P Your not.

.. The vesmar lore has been in making since the beginning of Asulon.

I've been developing this lore since December

Also, thank you all for your support. <3

"Not Claw-Dawn!"

Haha, my character is afraid of these guys. But that's aside from the point. I can't wait to see this cult in game!

Thank you, Bili. I really appreciate the support. With the community's help this can be accepted :D