[✓] [Awaiting MAT Review] Electrical Evocation [Magic]

Supremacy

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should this lore be implemented?

• Yes
    • No (Give reason)
    • If it is altered (Give reason)

I don't see how electrical evocation doesn't match into evocation.

I was appalled when I found out it was not!

This lore should have been implemented ages ago, imo. =)

Appalled perhaps is the wrong word choice as I an fairly certain this lore not bring accepted caused you undue consern. That being said, this lore has been awaiting MAT review for 2 months now.

Appalled perhaps is the wrong word choice as I an fairly certain this lore not bring accepted caused you undue consern. That being said, this lore has been awaiting MAT review for 2 months now.

The MAT team should really review it and then accept it for its awesomeness.

Do not rush the Magic Team, they have many other deeds to perform first, remember this is a whole evocation and would take some time for acceptance, be patient and you will get the reviewed answer soon.

You do realize how unnecessary your post is, correct?

I do not mean to offend, but you don't have any reason to make such a post and all it is, is inflammatory. I understand well enough the MAT is busy. That being said it does not prevent me from stating the lore is yet to be reviewed as it has been a substantial amount of time since it was posted.

You are not the MATs secretary and thus your superflous posts are irrelevant.

Thank you.

I do not see why you have acumed to me of saying these things, I was simply explaining why it was not accepted yet and what the Magic Team has been doing, The post was not directed at you but the person above me, if you felt wrong to downgrade my post why not his as it served no purpose in any sense. I am sorry here is well but you are sounding bias towards I, and not others. Are you upset with me?

Look, I've watched this thread for a long time and I'll just come out clean with you as it is getting silly at how agrivated some people are on this thread.

The Magic Team doesn't want to really accept this, not because of the fact that it is electrical evocation or anything like that. You see, with the four Elements already you can technically be an electrical Evocationist under the Evocations of wind and water. Because lightning is mostly a wind based Sub evocation.

Sub Evocations really are usually combinations of Elements to get different results. Any one who has played any generic RPG that involves magic will know that mixing fire and water makes steam, earth and water is mud, wind with water is Electricity, Fire with wind is inferno etc etc... until you get to second sub Evocation, I.e mixing Sub evocation together inorder to achieve different effects.

Now, the reason why the team doesn't want to accept this isn't because it is to do with the lore, it is to do with the fact that on techninicality it shouldn't be warranted its' own place along with the four Elements, because of the fact that really it would be redundant.

The only thing about Sub electrical Evocation is the fact that it is limited due to the fact that it requires wind as well, which, unfortunately for some reason or another, is very rare (I don't actually know why it is but it just seems as though everyone was either a fire/water/earth/other mage... so it just turned out that way) and so it would be difficult to obtain.

You could however say that it is the same with many sub Evocations because of the fact that the more you go through the sub divisions of Evocation, the more specialized it becomes. Requiring more training really to perfect, which, actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I mean, when you train for the work place in school, you first of all have to learn the basics, and (in Britian anyways) As you continue through education you must pick your own skills path, effectively making you more specialized towards a certain skill until finally you have a very narrow skill field to which you can call yourself an "expert" in, if you get that far of course. Well that can also be applied here really also.

Edit:

Before anyone asks, no I am not on the team anymore, but I've talked it over with the other members and it is still the same opinion as it was back when I was on the team.

Regardless of the circumstances of the acceptance of this lore, his posts remain purposeless and; not to offend; but as I have told him before I can not read 3 paragraphs of writing with a total of 2 full stops.

That being said, I thank you for your post Blundermore but precisely how long has this been the opinion of the MAT regarding this precise piece of lore?

If It has been such a long time as your post seems to be indicating I would enquire as to why I was permitted to sit on this lore for however long it has been waiting for a review which had already occurred.

I do not intend to sound agressive. However, I don't feel it is an adequate circumstance if such occurred. If this did occur it was simply a horrendous waste of my time which could have been averted with "Hay, this doesn't go with magic lore so it wont be accepted, we are sorry.".

Although Sagwort did indeed make his objections clear at the beginning, there was no indication that the lore had been denied or would not pass and no resolution came to the wind-fire or a unique type debate. Indeed, I did receive minimal feedback on slight edits required by Blawharg once which mentioned nothing of the sort.

I went into this understanding perfectly well it could be denied but was under no impression I would be strung along for 2 months if this was a pre-determined result. The MAT may deny this lore any time they wish, that being said I am slightly peeved if time was spent writing this if this was an incredible event of failure to communicate.

I hold no objection to rejection, I do however find it irritating time was wasted.

I will reiterate, I am not irritated at the MAT, nor any particular member of said team. I understand what they do is on a volunteer basis and thus errors and mistakes are to be made. I will however be peeved at the process which occurred if the above is true.

All of the above being said, if anyone turns this thread into a flame war as opposed to an intellectual discussion I will be grievously disappointed. There is no ill will to be had here.

As our delightful CountJuno88 says it is expected that we have:

tumblr_lt9tjrgETZ1qi9qvfo1_500.png

I await MAT response on said issue.

I'm as surpized as you quite frankly... I thought this lore was delt with yonks ago.

I wouldn't really say however that it is denied, it is in more a state of inbetween really, because of the fact that it is possible, but maybe just not quite in the means you are discribing it. I for one think you are taking this at the wrong angle really, Electricity after all isn't an element by itself. It is made up from many things, and in nature the most common means is by water particles being rubbed together by wind currents, causing static build up until... "Zap".

I would, instead of taking it at the angle of making it its' own seperate element, instead write it as a sub element as discribed in the paragraphs made in the last comment of mine. Something built off of the other four elements already inplace.

I think the main problem with this at the moment is that it is providing a back door for people to skip straight to it. When really, electricity in all respects as said in the last comment is a specailization of two elements combined. I mean, you wouldn't go onto English litrature before learning your ABC's now would you? The jump could lead to severe problems in the caster as they would not have the understanding to grasp what is needed to be understood prior to learning the specilization's skills.

The problem isn't that it doesn't exist and will never exist. Of course Electrical Evocation exists already. It just doesn't exist as a seperate element really to be learnt by itself. You need the foundations of the basic elements to work off of before going onwards to the more advanced.

(Sent via Blackberry)

Evocationists can only use the 4 primary elements, electricity (or storm) is a secondary element, evocationists can't use it.

I don't know who told you this, but they lied to you. Evocation is the art of summoning non-living things from the void, most commonly elements with the intent of combat. Traditionally, one of the four classic elements is chosen as a realm of study, but technically this is not a rule.

By that hand, the MAT has been slow to review this admittedly, due to some ongoing debates within the team concerning various lores and lore suggestions, however I recently introduced a new way for the team to view and review lore suggestions that should allow us to conclude many pending reviews in a more time-progressive manner. The new system is less than a week old, so I do not know how well it will work yet, but it seems to be doing well so far as much more discussion on this and other lores has already taken place.