ALL ABOUT THE WARDENS OF MALINOR (ELVEN MILITARY)

TheWardens

hey Quazar is there going to be a meeting soon

We might have a meeting soon, if we have one it will be posted on the forum thread here and there will be signs at the warden base with information pertaining to the meeting.

there is a thing that has been buging my mind lately why dosn't the wardens get any payment for being a warden we are elves's who is puting ouer live's at risk for ouer nation but the only thing we get in return is a tent too live in and not only that but we even have to get ouer owe weapons and armour it's like we pay to do work that dosn't make much sense in my head so i would like to get at least a little payment each week like 100 for initias 300 for guards 500 for waywatchers 700 for Nobles 1000 for Highborns and 1300 for the grandHighborn all of these money should come from the council after all we are thair army

there is a thing that has been buging my mind lately why dosn't the wardens get any payment for being a warden we are elves's who is puting ouer live's at risk for ouer nation but the only thing we get in return is a tent too live in and not only that but we even have to get ouer owe weapons and armour it's like we pay to do work that dosn't make much sense in my head so i would like to get at least a little payment each week like 100 for initias 300 for guards 500 for waywatchers 700 for Nobles 1000 for Highborns and 1300 for the grandHighborn all of these money should come from the council after all we are thair army

Originally Wardens do not get payed for membership because we offer many more benefits then what you just mentioned, you may not realize it. We are starting to hand out armor and weapons again if you did not notice. But you do bring up a valid idea, it will be considered.

Again, I would like to be allowed to say a few words here even though I am not a warden. I just want to express my opinion. First thing is that the prices listed are way too much in my mind. Second of all, as Quazar mentioned, you do get food, lodging, and armor (and weapons). Also you get the honor of serving those in power and being noticed by them. As I was once a warden, I can say from first-hand experience that you get many other, and more rewarding benefits then minas.

(The purpose of my post was not to insult you for the idea, simply to provide a base for those who agree with me that the Wardens should not be paid.)

-Minecraft Account Name: ZaneChaos

-How old are you:15

-Time-Zone/Country of Residence:Canada,Alberta

-Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself: I spend the day at school and I like to come home and relax with video games. Rpgs are one of the best medicines for my school stress.

-Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?: Yes I like to think so but I'm only human so I might make the odd mistake.

-How much time could you be on the server weekly?:2-3 hours a day except for Tuesdays

-Do you know how to use Teamspeak and are you willing to use it?: Yes and yes

-What do you know about roleplaying? In a military/guild setting?: Well I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about it but I imagine that it would be like this. You have your ranks if someone is a rank above you you don't necesarily call them sir/maam but you usually do what they say. You might have to go to battle in formation not just willy nilly actually organised.

-Have you read, understood, and agreed to our rules?:Yes and yes

In-Character:

-Character Name:ZaneChaos

-What is your Race?:Elf

-Experience in militaries/guilds:None

-Has you ever been in a military/guild/clan in LoTC?:Nope

-How did you hear about us? Browsing the forums

-Do you know where our Headquarters is located? North and south Laurelin

-Biography I come from a small family Father worked in the fields,Mother owned a fabric shoppe. The reason that my skin is blue because I fell into a big vat of blue dye as a child. I'm quite proficient at farming,cooking and fighting. Crafting was never one of my strong points. I spend my days looking for a guild that will take me as one of their own.

-Why do you want to join the Wardens? I would like to join the wardens because they look like a very awesome guild and I will do whatever i can to aid them.

-Do you accept the duties of a Warden; to be honest, mature, brave instead of arrogant, moral, obedient towards your superiors, and loyal to the Wardens and to Malinor in all situations presented?: Yes.

Again, I would like to be allowed to say a few words here even though I am not a warden. I just want to express my opinion. First thing is that the prices listed are way too much in my mind. Second of all, as Quazar mentioned, you do get food, lodging, and armor (and weapons). Also you get the honor of serving those in power and being noticed by them. As I was once a warden, I can say from first-hand experience that you get many other, and more rewarding benefits then minas.

(The purpose of my post was not to insult you for the idea, simply to provide a base for those who agree with me that the Wardens should not be paid.)

well if it's to much just just make it half what i said or something

-Minecraft Account Name: ZaneChaos

-How old are you:15

-Time-Zone/Country of Residence:Canada,Alberta

-Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself: I spend the day at school and I like to come home and relax with video games. Rpgs are one of the best medicines for my school stress.

-Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?: Yes I like to think so but I'm only human so I might make the odd mistake.

-How much time could you be on the server weekly?:2-3 hours a day except for Tuesdays

-Do you know how to use Teamspeak and are you willing to use it?: Yes and yes

-What do you know about roleplaying? In a military/guild setting?: Well I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about it but I imagine that it would be like this. You have your ranks if someone is a rank above you you don't necesarily call them sir/maam but you usually do what they say. You might have to go to battle in formation not just willy nilly actually organised.

-Have you read, understood, and agreed to our rules?:Yes and yes

In-Character:

-Character Name:ZaneChaos

-What is your Race?:Elf

-Experience in militaries/guilds:None

-Has you ever been in a military/guild/clan in LoTC?:Nope

-How did you hear about us? Browsing the forums

-Do you know where our Headquarters is located? North and south Laurelin

-Biography I come from a small family Father worked in the fields,Mother owned a fabric shoppe. The reason that my skin is blue because I fell into a big vat of blue dye as a child. I'm quite proficient at farming,cooking and fighting. Crafting was never one of my strong points. I spend my days looking for a guild that will take me as one of their own.

-Why do you want to join the Wardens? I would like to join the wardens because they look like a very awesome guild and I will do whatever i can to aid them.

-Do you accept the duties of a Warden; to be honest, mature, brave instead of arrogant, moral, obedient towards your superiors, and loyal to the Wardens and to Malinor in all situations presented?: Yes.

Accepted, (the base is south of Laurelin not in it like you said, and we most people do say sir and treat this as a military btw), please come to the warden base for initiation.

Hey, I got on the sever the outher day on my friends computer. And I noticed a sign infrount of my tent saying break by 11/7/11. What is that about exactly? Also I put up a few signs explaining my absence even though I posted twice on here on why I haven't Ben on.

Hey, I got on the sever the outher day on my friends computer. And I noticed a sign infrount of my tent saying break by 11/7/11. What is that about exactly? Also I put up a few signs explaining my absence even though I posted twice on here on why I haven't Ben on.

Leafwind places those as activity checks. Although he might not know all the details of a persons absence, there is usually a large amount of time given in which one can respond to them. If you cannot sign on even for a moment in an extended period of time, you must send me a forum message detailing why that may be. Otherwise a person will easily be forgotten in the vast amount of dealings the wardens have in their schedule, but if a message is sent with a proper excuse, then I will make sure that the person is not kicked out for inactivity.

Leafwind places those as activity checks. Although he might not know all the details of a persons absence, there is usually a large amount of time given in which one can respond to them. If you cannot sign on even for a moment in an extended period of time, you must send me a forum message detailing why that may be. Otherwise a person will easily be forgotten in the vast amount of dealings the wardens have in their schedule, but if a message is sent with a proper excuse, then I will make sure that the person is not kicked out for inactivity.

Alright. I sent you a message also about my absence, before the last meeting. Idk if you received it or not, but my computer is having some issues so I sent it to get repaired. I'm not shure when it will be done but I will be getting back on once I'ts done.

-Minecraft Account Name: weeberlore

-How old are you: I am 14 years of age.

-Time-Zone/Country of Residence: Mountain time ( Arizona)

-Small 2-3 Sentence Description of yourself: I am a 9th grade student, and I am taking 6 classes this year. Three of these classes are advanced. I love swimming, playing basketball, making Minecraft skins, and playing Minecraft.

-Do you have a good grip on the English language/good grammar?: Yes, I am taking an advanced English class.

-How much time could you be on the server weekly?: I would say approximately 5-8 hours.

-Do you know how to use Teamspeak and are you willing to use it?: I do not know of Teamspeak, and I am unable to use it. (I need a microphone.)

-What do you know about roleplaying? In a military/guild setting?: I know that roleplaying is taking on the life of somebody else entirely. In a military/guild setting, you would probably have to be a strong character, exhorting bravery and courage.

-Have you read, understood, and agreed to our rules?: Yes, I have.

In-Character:

-Character Name: Vindiga Oroeua.

-What is your Race?: Wood-elf.

-Experience in militaries/guilds: My father, Ahhrino, was a famed war general. He taught me advanced combat skills. I am an accomplished archer.

-Has you ever been in a military/guild/clan in LoTC?: No, I have not. This is where I wanted to try.

-How did you hear about us? I heard about LoTC from the Minestatus website. I have heard of the Warden association from elves across Aegis.

-Do you know where our Headquarters is located? The headquarters are south of Laurelin I believe.

-Biography Vindiga was born in the forests near Serpent Ridge. Fathered by Ahhrino Oroeua, a famed warrior of the Elven Kingdom, Vindiga was taught the ways of a warrior. While being a fantastic swordsman, he truly excelled in the skill of archery.

Vindiga has very excellent senses. His ears are very sensitive, and this can be good or bad. In one hand, he knows when living creatures are around him. On the other hand, loud noises are very painful to him. This means that Vindiga can rarely participate in battles. On the occasion, he will be an archer from long distances. The green creatures that explode are Vindiga's weak point, due to the mass sound of their explosions.

Mainly weilding his oak wood bow, he started off killing small animals as a food resource. Gradually he could end the life of a cow with ease. Often times, Vindiga will shoot intruding creatures that enter his property. This skill is extremely useful to Vindiga's lifestyle.

At the Elf's equivalent of a teenager, Vindiga was quite unpopular. He was socially awkward, and was slow of words to those around him. He often fought with his father, they disagreed on the nation's politics. These spouts were seemingly unimportant, but eventually grew to become violent. Vindiga abandoned his life with Ahhrino and left his home.

For a few years, he roamed around Serpent Ridge. Being rejected by town-folk for disapproving his father, Vindiga left Serpent Ridge also. He began to explore, seeing Aegis with his own eyes.

While exploring, Vindiga became acquainted with Dwarves, Halflings, and Men. He learned their ways, and became much more educated in the ways of the world.

Ahhrino Oroeua was banished from Serpent Ridge and locked in jail when Vindiga was 196, being arrested for war-mongering. Ahhrino wanted to start a war with the Orc race, although the Elves and Orcs had an alliance.

When the news reached Vindiga, he felt no sorrow for his father. They were not on good terms with eachother, and Vindiga felt that this is what Ahhrino deserved.

Vindiga built a small home in the Kingdom of Oren, living in the realm of Men.

Now, Vindiga spends little time at his home, and wanders throughout Aegis searching for adventure.

-Why do you want to join the Wardens? I would like to join the Wardens because I feel like I need to serve the nation and protects its boundaries. I need to train, and I want to help defeat the Undead.

-Do you accept the duties of a Warden; to be honest, mature, brave instead of arrogant, moral, obedient towards your superiors, and loyal to the Wardens and to Malinor in all situations presented?: I do.

CloakandDagger, there is nothing on the wiki about it... sorry I could be of no help.