The Syndicate [Inactive]

Drelik

The Syndicate

SD7.jpg

“Blood For Coin”

Latest News

- The Syndicate has been formed and has begun recruitment.

The Syndicate have formed light alliances, gained in numbers, and have new requirements and perks for members.

(( An alternate short easy application has been made, along with various updates in OP.))

Ranks have been added along with a brief description of each.

Information

What we do

The Syndicate; like-minded individuals who have come together under an old tradition, to take what they deserve. Acting as a criminal network, based on assassination, slavery, theft, kidnapping, gambling, bribery, and even serving as private mercenaries on occasion, ‘The Syndicate’ operates above the law. With its own set of rules, and a hefty pay from the blood spilt through various contracts, members swear loyalty to nobody but themselves. While containing no hierarchy, members earn favour through gaining the respect of their associates. Many think of it as a business, others as a way of life. To live free and outside the law is a dream of many but only few choose to follow that path.

Attitudes Towards Others

The Syndicate is considered both a brotherhood and a family, all members being treated as such. Any small feuds are dealt with swiftly by whoever is the stronger combatant. Outside of the Syndicate however, others are treated as lesser, worthy of neither respect, nor remorse. If anyone were to offend a member of the Syndicate by for example, the way they look or act towards them, it would not be unheard of for them to be stricken down almost thereafter. It is the Syndicate's belief that morals are only boundaries for a member's full potential and must be overcome at all costs.

The Trial

True to old principles, fresh blood are first tasked to seize a random bystander, and kill them by whatever means necessary. Some prefer flaying, others a far cleaner and precise kill. The only exceptions are those who have already carried out their initiation under August 'Prince' Flay in the past. The final part to the trial after the first is swearing absolute loyalty to the Syndicate and its cause.

Customs

Some members of the Syndicate are expected to wear a blatantly noticeable red article of clothing, preferably a bandana, although many members have deviated from this custom. Failure to carry out the trial will result in the individual’s own death, by the hands of an assassin of the Syndicate. Cannibalism is largely seen as a disgusting act, unnecessary and animal-like. However, it is not unknown for certain members to carry out unusual habits in their pastimes.

Lore and History

With the death of Prince many years ago, the men of House Flay were easily betrayed, cut off from their former allies and friends with no one to look to but themselves. Oren and its Emperor, forgetful and hypocritical towards the actions of House Flay, cast them out, naming the survivors as traitors, outcasts, and murderers. These hardened individuals, having lived so long under Count August Flay were so adapted to his leadership, spreading about Asulon, in hopes of leading new lives. Many of them died, hunted down like dogs by those they once served. Others however, settled down under new names, abandoning the lives they left behind forever. One man in particular, Drelik Letholdus, had served as a bannerman under House Flay for many years. Having held a very limited relationship with his own parents, he saw Prince as a father figure, feeling as if his sudden and unexpected death had left unfinished business...

Royal_Assassin_640.jpg

Another of August Flay’s former bannerman of whom Drelik was still acquainted, was Mili ‘The Skull’ Irongut. The two had come into purchase of a camp, from a former slaver, located way out in the wilds.. With this camp, Mili and Drelik spoke of big plans, ambitions they hoped to see through. Soon after, Drelik had sent letters out to all corners of Asulon, addressed to all those who once owed their loyalty to House Flay that, to his knowledge, still breathed. Once again, the men were finally unified, each with a lust for vengeance. Along with the former Bannerman, Drelik recruited others, those whose wit proved as sharp as their swords. Vance, an old enemy of Prince had recently come out of hiding, thirty years after his faked assassination, attempting to hunt down those who still held a past allegiance to House Flay. However, striking a deal with the old assassin, Drelik agreed to have him work alongside the Syndicate for a cause more worthy of the lives they both lived.

tumblr_m31pvof1k71rtsrvfo1_1280.jpg

Now the men, band together for a common goal; to live as free man as many before them had done so in the past. Without the chains of oppression the empire once posed, each of them could operate freely, outside the law and under their own banner. The banner of the Syndicate. Now residing in Fort Modstand; a foreboding place with many secrets, they remain, forever plotting their next move in their ultimate quest for freedom.

Rules of the Syndicate

- Do not betray The Syndicate.

- Do not murder or steal from another member of The Syndicate.

- Pledge allegiance to nobody but The Syndicate.

- *NEW* Syndicate Members now are to be given two private journals. One written by Noble or other high-rankers, containing Quotas, Contracts, etc that must be fufilled in a certain timeframe. Rewards will be handed out to those who preform exceptionally. The other book is used for them to write there Report of how they went about completing the task set about before them. This will keep our members busy even when the Syndicate isn't out executing a mission together.

Ranks

The Crimson King

- The leader of the Syndicate.

Underboss

- The underboss(s) are a select few who have time and time again proven there worth in wit, ferocity, and chaos. Current underbosses set a high bar, they're cold, mercilless, brilliant, and deadly. As an underboss, the responsibilites are as great as the rank. Underbosses are assigned there own small group of henchmen and freshblood, possibly assigned to move into a fort in a different location away from the main land.

Crimson Agent

- An Agent of the Syndicate. Those who are best known for deception will be promoted to this rank, not only will they be called on in assaults, but they'll be doing much of the work behind the scenes, often taking up disguises, new alias' and names.

Coordinator of Chaos

- The Coordinator(s) of Chaos have possibly the best job in the Syndicate. The Coordinator of Chaos, puts together new objectives, fueled by Chaos, aswell as means to achieving these objectives. Some examples are, individual hits, false flag operations, etc. Such great power, being able to mold the nations to the groups very will, only is to be kept in check by the Crimson King himself.

Contractor

- Above the average henchmen, respected and deemed worthy enough to take up the responsiblity to be the first person to deal with contracts, and subliminaly advertise them.

Henchmen

- Generic brother of the Syndicate. Will be given many options to improve his standing, will be called up for raids, and wars, and jobs. Most secrets of the Syndicate will be kept from the Henchmen.

New Blood

- Pre-initiated member of the Syndicate. The New Blood does not have the right to wear the bandana, nor even call himself a Syndicate. He is entitled no privlidges, and kept in the dark about many of the operations. New bloods will be given many opportunities to complete there intiation and quickly rise to Henchmen.

These ranks are not by any means shackles, for someone to be restricted to one job. In the group people take up many different jobs in the syndicate, but those are all secret, you'll find out once you join and rank up.

Joining the Syndicate

Please send your application as a reply to this thread. If accepted, you will be approached in game.

In Character

Name:

Race:

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs):

What are your professions and talents?

What morals do you adhere to, if any?

Do you agree to remain loyal to the Syndicate?

Out of Character

MC Name:

Do you have the following (Not Required):

Skype (Y/N)

TeamSpeak (Y/N)

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your

VA):

Application for Asset.

- An asset is someone who does not have a VA, but would like to get familair with the group

hidden from the groups secrets, they will be used as henchmen, and tested often. This can also be used by people who have other groups or don't want to be a full devoted memeber, but wish to still partake in some of the micro activity.

OOC:

Mcname:

Skype? Y/N:

VA? (Not required for Asset):

RP:

Name:

Race:

Short Biography:

Do you agree to adhere to our rules?:

((I remember the old Syndicate. Good times. Mhm, interested in what this new one will turn out to be. ))

In Character

Name:Dain Bloodmaul

Race: Dwarf

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): I am a skilled assasin and criminal. I have servered many people, but as work has been short, so now I look to join this guild to get work. I have been an assasin for most of my life and am very skilled at what I do.

What are your professions and talents?: I am skilled with a crossbow, sword, arsons, bombings, and making poison.

What morals do you adhere to, if any? I don not kill or torture children and infants.

Do you agree to remain loyal to the Syndicate?: Yes

Out of Character

MC Name: Doom6153

Skype (Y/N) Yes

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your

VA): 1,2a,2b,4.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/72887-dain-bloodmauls-va-3-of-3-references/

((I remember the old Syndicate. Good times. Mhm, interested in what this new one will turn out to be. ))

((Its not ment to be the other one, we just found the name didn't even know there was one xD this is mostly players from house flay etc))

In Character

Name:Dain Bloodmaul

Race: Dwarf

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): I am a skilled assasin and criminal. I have servered many people, but as work has been short, so now I look to join this guild to get work. I have been an assasin for most of my life and am very skilled at what I do.

What are your professions and talents?: I am skilled with a crossbow, sword, arsons, bombings, and making poison.

What morals do you adhere to, if any? I don not kill or torture children and infants.

Out of Character

MC Name: Doom6153

Skype (Y/N) Yes

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes

VA): 1,2a,2b,4.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/72887-dain-bloodmauls-va-3-of-3-references/

((Accepted. Meet me IG))

*You recieve a letter*

"I recognize tha' work ye put in todeh' when we fough' the Hightowers, I wan' ta offer ye an opportunity o' freedom, I'd tell ye to meet me in Arethor, 'owever dey fawkin' hate me 'dere now, so send me a bird when ye tink ye can handel de initation."

I assume that their will come up a post about how one may ask for your services? []

(( We are already wanted throughout pretty much everywhere, best bet would be to contact one of us directly, there Is no memberlist for personal reasons but there are plenty of us, contact who you know which would probably be Drelik. At least until we are more comfortable with establishing a more professional means of contacting us ))

In Character

Name: Rocco

Race: Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): I have served in many groups before, mainly bandit groups such as the Camel Bandits and was even part of House Flay for a short period of time. I have no family nor lover in my life which is why I tend to stick around with groups. I still haven't lost my virginity though with the help of my friends I hope soon to do so (Not in that way).

What are your professions and talents?: I have been a bandit throughout most of his life. I first started out in doing so at the age of 21 and have been doing it ever since, making me very talented.

What morals do you adhere to, if any?: I would never hurt a fellow member in the group .

Out of Character

MC Name: Chuckaboo

Skype YES

TeamSpeak YES

VA): 1 & 2a

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/52822-acceptedchuckaboos-villain-application/page__p__405012__hl__chuckaboo__fromsearch__1#entry405012

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/52973-unread-chuckaboos-mini-va/page__p__406657__hl__chuckaboo__fromsearch__1#entry406657

Chuckaboooo

(( Accepted Meet me IG ))

You receive a bird.

"Glad to see ye found us old' friend, I'll be coming' ta git ye soon."

In Character

*A bird comes to Drelik*

"Nearly got assaulted by Alistair in Arethor, and some piss ass man withou' no armored claimed I was no Flay. I expected the same from the Savage, but who is this one feller? Ye' need te' remind them who's who mate. I'll come te' once ye' give me fa**in directions."

Name: John Woods

Age: Not sure. Maybe with a two or three as the first digit?

Race: Human, I think.

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): Served as spy for August. Fought by him in many battles, his own "Lefthand".

What are your professions and talents? A Flay. Talents, being a Flay.

What morals do you adhere to, if any? Loyalty to my brothers and our lord. The only code I follow.

Do you agree to remain loyal to the Syndicate? As loyally as I swore my life to August Flay, I swear it to my brothers.

Out of Character

MC Name: Komodo445

Skype (Y/N) Yes

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes

VA): 1, 2a

In Character

Name:Vanessa

Race:Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs):I am very skilled at combat if you give me a sword I can get the job done(well not certain jobs since I dont got a VA).I am a skilled engineer to so maybe in the sometime near future we can work to making some torture device.I have lead many group pertaining to the tuetonic order and oren mostly rebel groups, But since we were to small we did not do so well. Well another skil I have is I am very good with apothecary i can make poison daggers or just plain old poison.

What are your professions and talents? Im good with a sword and a warbow. I also have some side skills as engineering we shall speak of this when we meet.Apothecary.

What morals do you adhere to, if any? I will never hurt infants thats mostly it,

Do you agree to remain loyal to the Syndicate?Aye yes I do agree to be loyal to the syndicate

Out of Character

MC Name:Slapacookie

Skype (Y/N) Yes

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes

VA):I do not have a VA

Turtle

Accepted

"Woods! Ofcourse I remember you, bein' ye already did the initation, I'll come and find ye"

snip

"Vanessa eh? I remember a wench named Vanessa who used to cause a lot o' problems fer us. I'll agree to meet ye, ye better impress me, otherwise to me yer a washed up clown."

NOTE: This is all just for referance, I've taken the trial already and passed under Drelik's supervision

In Character

Name: "Redeemer"

Race: Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): A man in a steel mask. Wears dark robes under his armor and isn't afriad to get dirty. I have worked with Flays before, and am very skilled in my areas of expertise. I am adaptable and ready to do most types of work that's needed to do.

What are your professions and talents?

-Killing

-Swords

-Poisons

-Bows

-Hand to hand

-Stealth

What morals do you adhere to, if any?

Eye for an eye, and don't start something you don't plan to finish. Other than that, anyone is fair game.

Do you agree to remain loyal to the Syndicate?

Was August Flay a damn fine leader? Of course...

Out of Character

MC Name: Italian_Assassin

Skype (Y)

TeamSpeak (Y)

VA): 1, 2a, 2b, 3 and 4

http://www.lordofthe...082#entry358082 Main

http://www.lordofthe...__1#entry410210 Mini