Elven Sentences

Sporadic

I always use "narn il'kae." to say "come", you might want to add that.

EDIT: I don't believe the grammar is completely correct (mainly the verbs) I'll take a look at it when I return.

((I love how this is an RP post and people are posting OOC stuff on it.))

Alieu walks by, and sees that Vallel'Yuln, Orlanden and Khel are insane and like to talk to themselves in front of the WHOLE Mali community. She face palms, seeing that they are all idiots as other people begin to chuckle at them.

An elusive traveler has pinned a similar plaque on a well-traveled Leumaelin alleyway.

((thinking of adding a weekly sentence to it for everyone's education))

(( Ahern ito nae'lehI, Ilir. I'm trying to learn Elven on my elf, and the resources are quite scattered. This makes it much easier!))

(( Ahern ito nae'lehI, Ilir. I'm trying to learn Elven on my elf, and the resources are quite scattered. This makes it much easier!))

((Glad you found it helpful. Indeed the resources are as scattered as I am, but every now and then I feel the need to pick up the yarn and realign the stepping stones towards Elven adeptry. ame nae evareh. Your reply will be a penny in my personal pro-threadnecro jar))

((updated at last))

Subject Object Verb.

Capital letters are used to mark a secondary subject or a pronoun and not used after a full stop.

' is a modifier that can be used at virtually any time to combine the meaning of two words to create a new one

Affixes do not use '

Commonly used combo words with ' are acceptable without the ' where the implied meaning is clear.

Schools out.

That is all I could think of at the time.

((Why have sentences with Malinor if it doesn't exist?))

Malinor will always exist as the land of the sons of Malin.
((Sporadic's character)) might know more if the ruins in Asulon referred to the motherland as Malinor or if that settlement of High Elves used another term. In which case perhaps the traditionalism of the language can be lost to the more progressive minds of New Malinor.

((Why have sentences with Malinor if it doesn't exist?))

Check the date of the post :P

((I do love a good Necro thread))

Subject Object Verb.

Capital letters are used to mark a secondary subject or a pronoun and not used after a full stop.

' is a modifier that can be used at virtually any time to combine the meaning of two words to create a new one

Affixes do not use '

Commonly used combo words with ' are acceptable without the ' where the implied meaning is clear.

Also a very important one most people get wrong: Adjective comes AFTER the noun! e.g:

- Large Elf <--- plain English structure we all know and love

- Elf'large <-- English words structured in correct Elven grammar