The Life Of Aris Snowbird

Shoi

The Life Of Aris Snowbird

Human Pages

SfLPg.png

A Sad Start

Aris Furrowbrow, who later renamed himself Snowbird after his great uncle who often visited the family during Aris' birthday, had a rough start to life. He was born to a new land full of turmoil over the falling of Aegis and the rising of Asulon. He was born in what is now Oren to a single mother. His father, he later found had died in the bloody war with the undead. It was not easy to get food on the table and Aris' mother often sold her body to scrape by. When Aris was the mere age of twelve he was sold by his mother to an up and coming mining company who were getting rich off the need for armor and weapons by the upstart nations. As a Halfling; Aris' small stature was used to mine deep into the earth and sneak into collapsed tunnels. Eight years after Aris was fist sold to the mines a revolt broke out within the company between the two brothers who owned it. This destroyed the company and in turn the "workers" were allowed to leave.

A Bright Future

Aris snuck into the galley stealing a small amount of food. He then ran -to his good luck- south away from the camps toward The Vale. Upon crossing south and around the snow caped mountain range. Unknowingly he stumbled into a cursed forest known as the Queen's Wood. As he slept atop one of the massive oak trees a spider with huge furry legs climbed from it's nest in search of food. The nest was right next to Aris' sleeping spot. Hew awoke feeling a brush against his leg and as he saw the spider he screamed. This surprised the spider who bit Aris' leg and then scurried off. As Aris continued south his leg began to fester oozing yellow puss and forming a large, dark, squishy circle around his knee. By the time he had gotten around the Snowy Mountains and into the woods of the Vale his leg was nearly twice the circumference it had been before. He would have lost it if it weren't for the healing prowess of a fellow Halfling by the name of Ms. Averroa Dewhurst. Aris fell in love with Averroa at first sight though he hasn't expressed his feelings yet. Eventually Aris obtained a burrow in the Vale and worked happily as the miner and blacksmith. Eventually, as the same with all miners the coal dust and other foul things in the mines got to Aris' lungs. After a long while with a bone-rattling cough he made up his mind to quit mine work once and for all. He now spends his days with a furry flock of sheep.

A Newfound Friend

Soon after Aris' a rival to The Vale one of the most well known and revered events of Halfling history occurred. This of course was Branfest where many Halflings invite other races to see their town and of course party. Many contests were held that day including one of the more memorable ones, the story telling contest. Many grand stories were told that day but one of the most loved was told by a headstrong, talented, rising star of a halfling by the name of Bili Hollowmead. He told the story -passed down to him by his father- of The Ghost Of The Singing Maiden (See http://www.lordofthecraft.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=The_Ghost_of_the_Singing_Maiden)

After witnessing this grandiose tale Aris confronted Bili later at the drunken sheep over a mug of ale. They discussed their own stories and many other things and after maybe just one to many drinks they had become bonded in friendship. They would later share many adventures including Ferocious Wolves and Gigantic Spider nests.

Achievements

Along with being an active member of The Vale here are some of Aris' other attachments.

-Aris' mining skill helped supply The Vale with much needed earth materials

-His Skill as a Blacksmith privided the members of the vale with jewlery, fine tools and decorations

-He is an active member of the Better Burrow Club -Started by the Legendary Bili Hollowmead- and has helped privide many burrows for new halflings.

-Along with the fabled Bili Hollowmead he helped rid The Vale of both Deadly wolves and spiders

-Much more to come I'm sure :D

I am probably necroposting and all, but I say "What the hell? I might as well."

I've recently been writing a series of short books in the development of a world for pen & paper RPG campaigns that is largely constructed from my own recollection of past role-play experiences. As I was writing the chapter on halflings to describe them as they exist in that world's canon, I couldn't help but remember that one curious and highly driven halfling Aedan met in the vale of Elysium. What times those were, and what fond memories I've got of the little fellow. He's considered one of Aedan's closest friends and one that was very particular among them. I gotta say I really enjoyed interacting with him myself.