A Wave Across The Void

Alan

td36_nexusArt.jpg

Across Anthos, the newly established inhabitants go about their daily businesses. Seen through the magical lense of the void, Anthos is relatively uniformly encased in magical energy, save for the walking beacons of the mages and the magically gifted. But this day, something occurs. Around a single unknown point a tidal wave of pure arcane energy is released, growing stronger only as it gets farther. It passes through forests, deserts, plains, seas and mountains, and the common ungifted person feels nothing but a slight instant of coldness or an astounding feeling of suddenly being watched. But to the magical people of the world - wizards, shamans, druids and all others - it collides with their minds without passing through, directing the flow of the sea of magical energy into them. Throughout Anthos the eyes of the magical mortals glow, and to the confusion and terror of their ungifted fellows they begin to shout and chant in an unrecognized tongue. They walk as if possessed, and take themselves to the nearest form of writing they have access to: mages are taken to their studies and open a series of clean scrolls; druids command the moss before them to form into letters and words; shamans do elaborate frenzied dances in the sands to leave the imprints of a strange alphabet. And when all are done, the glow in their eyes dissipates and the magical people of Anthos return to their senses, unaware of what they have just done. But before them, in some manner or another, is a message written by themselves:

{t, ƒ:ªº£ ñ.t:c .ø,}
[t.£ ûe:ç :º e, ñ.ô, ñ.nü| ƒ'ª t, u':ô .nô t, ,ñö£:n,ºº d,i'û t, u':ô û,ª, e:º £' c'ññ.nô]
[t,ü û,ª, ô"º£ .nô e, û.º .º . º"nd,.ñ| ô,ƒ:n:nø .£ i.º£ t,:ª ê.ö,]
[.º û.º d,ƒ'ª,| t.£ ûe:ç :º e, ñ.ô, .ø.:n| û:t t, º'ªª'û 'ƒ º"ni:øe£ ª,ñ.:n:nø "n£ª,.£,ô .nô "nû,ic'ñ, £' t, ô,,ö c"ªª,n£º 'ƒ t, º,.]
[º"ç ô:ª,c£:'ni,ººn,ºº :º .n.t,ñ. £' e:ñ| ûe' :º i:n,.ª]
[t,º, .ª, £' d, E:º £ª:"ñöeº .nô E:º ƒ.:i:nøº| ñ.nü £:ñ,º 'u,ª]

((Click here for the decryption))

RP Edit:

Unsuspectingly, while the denizens of Anthos work to understand the mystery of the message that had only recently been written by the various magic users across the lands, another wave sweeps across the region. Entering a similar state as before, mages and druids and shamans alike begin transcribing yet another message in the same code as the prior. Prepared this time, the onlookers prepare to decipher whatever comes from this ominous new message.

{t, º,c‘nô ñ.t:c .ø,}
[t, ƒª.c£:‘nº ‘ƒ t.£ ûe:ç :º e, .ª, d.ªª,ô ƒª‘ñ ,n£ªü]
[t, ‘t,ªº e.u, t,:ª ô,u:c,º ‘ƒ û.ª .nô ô:º“n:‘n| ô,ƒ:n:æ t,ñ .º ûe.£ t,ü .iû.üº e.u, d,,n| t, c.ª,£.§,ªº ‘ƒ t,:ª ƒ.£,]
[t,ü ê‘“£ .nô öi,.ô .nô ‘ƒƒ,ª t,:ª u‘:c,º £‘ t, e,.u,nº| d“£ t,ü .ª, .º t, ô,,ö c.u,º d,øø:æ ƒ‘ª º“ni:øe£]
[t, û.ü :º ê“£]

((Click here for the decryption))

OOC:

Credits to PtahWithin for this wonderful writeup! This announcement is the first of many to come in regards to Lord of the Craft's unique storyline, so be sure to keep a watchful eye out for the next one!

OOC Edit:

New continuation thread is up, check it out here!

((As of now, nothing, you'll have to wait and see when the next post comes around ;) ))

... [.º û.º d ...

º û.º

º û.º

((Dun dun, he's watching... ))

(( Time to start up my decoding programs... ))

(( Fine~ ))

With my decoding skills I have managed to come up with this;

{t

, ƒ

:ªº£ ñ.t

:c .ø,}

[t

.£ ûe:ç :º e, ñ.ô, ñ.nü| ƒ

'ª t

, u':ô .nô t, ,ñö£:n,ºº d,i'û t

, u':ô û,ª, e:º £' c'ññ.nô]

[t,ü û,ª, ô"º£ .nô e, û.º .º . º"nd,.ñ| ô,ƒ